CHL Basketball 22-23

Great win by your Jackets Red! I still want compensation for the 1.75 hours of my life stolen by IH-Wyoming..should have stayed home and watched the Cavs-Knicks…for anyone interested I will be on the call on IH TV for the Madeira-Indian Hill game Friday..

Great win by your Jackets Red! I still want compensation for the 1.75 hours of my life stolen by IH-Wyoming..should have stayed home and watched the Cavs-Knicks…for anyone interested I will be on the call on IH TV for the Madeira-Indian Hill game Friday..
Jackets playing good ball after a pretty crappy break. 4 in a row....

The thing I noticed about Indian Hill in the games I have watched (live and on YouTube): they play good, aggressive defense…holding many teams to right around 40 points..they just need to find a way get 42…but not against my Stangs on Friday 😄

Did Grayson play last night?

i thought with him out that was IH's chance to get the cowboys!

Wyoming has
Taylor FT MM and Madeira left.

Can Taylor play the role of spoiler on Friday night???
they are playing their best basketball of the year 4 game win streak , beat a decent NR team last night (NR 2nd in the SBAAC and beat IH)

Setup a Feb 10th winner take all for Wyoming vs Madeira???

Grayson played but not much of a factor…7-8 points is my guess…got into foul trouble in the 3rd..one was a terrible call…he just boxed out and grabbed the rebound…are we heading to eliminating the box out now? I have seen many calls this year in different games on players just boxing out…🤔

Grayson played but not much of a factor…7-8 points is my guess…got into foul trouble in the 3rd..one was a terrible call…he just boxed out and grabbed the rebound…are we heading to eliminating the box out now? I have seen many calls this year in different games on players just boxing out…🤔
The Wyoming - IH game was one of the worst officiated games I've seen this year. No offensive consistency due to lack of consistent officiating.

I thought the officiating was equally bad for both teams…neither team could put the ball in the net from anywhere on the floor…stats are not up but I would think low fg and 3 point percentages for both teams…Wyoming did not use their driving advantage at all…they have a few dudes that can get their own…consistently…instead they ran what I call middle school offense…passing up drives and looks to complete the play 🤣…IH ran a good offense..screens..quick hard cuts..they got a ton of good looks but simply missed them, from 3 , midrange and in the paint. One trend I am seeing in high school games everywhere that I don’t like: guys pulling an o board or pass in the low paint and passing out instead of going up strong…In this age of the all important social media I think kids are so afraid of getting blocked and ending up on a highlight….instead of going up strong, getting the bucket or a foul…or an and one.

I thought the officiating was equally bad for both teams…neither team could put the ball in the net from anywhere on the floor…stats are not up but I would think low fg and 3 point percentages for both teams…Wyoming did not use their driving advantage at all…they have a few dudes that can get their own…consistently…instead they ran what I call middle school offense…passing up drives and looks to complete the play 🤣…IH ran a good offense..screens..quick hard cuts..they got a ton of good looks but simply missed them, from 3 , midrange and in the paint. One trend I am seeing in high school games everywhere that I don’t like: guys pulling an o board or pass in the low paint and passing out instead of going up strong…In this age of the all important social media I think kids are so afraid of getting blocked and ending up on a highlight….instead of going up strong, getting the bucket or a foul…or an and one.
Thanks for giving a “true” breakdown of the Game! Of course deuces dad only mentioned the Officials, not the fact that neither Team could make a shot! Always blame the Officials when your kid doesn’t shoot well,🤡!

I was..unfortunately…I wanted to see athleticism…instead I saw bad offense…and stalling from Wyoming in the 4th…yawn…waste of an 8 buck ticket and concession money. Wyoming has great athletes…actual ballers… they are running the CHL…I will reserve judgement on whether Rooks is a good fit for these boys ( or just another Moeller clone)…What would Ricardo Hill do with Wyomings athleticism? 🤔…CHL is easier pickings for a D2 school…a big …big step into the D2 state tournament!

Totally agree. I see so many "bigs" that get a rebound in the paint and don't even look to score, they become a deer in the headlights. It seems like nobody wants to become a post player anymore, they just want to shoot 3's. Do coaches even teach that anymore? If so, very few are doing a good job of it. I'm not saying don't also learn to shoot the 3 but also learn to play aggressive and physical in the post.

The thing I noticed about Indian Hill in the games I have watched (live and on YouTube): they play good, aggressive defense…holding many teams to right around 40 points..they just need to find a way get 42…but not against my Stangs on Friday 😄
Boring game. Defense tough but terrible offense. D2 is about offense a
I was..unfortunately…I wanted to see athleticism…instead I saw bad offense…and stalling from Wyoming in the 4th…yawn…waste of an 8 buck ticket and concession money. Wyoming has great athletes…actual ballers… they are running the CHL…I will reserve judgement on whether Rooks is a good fit for these boys ( or just another Moeller clone)…What would Ricardo Hill do with Wyomings athleticism? 🤔…CHL is easier pickings for a D2 school…a big …big step into the D2 state tournament!
Rooks is a great coach and is proven. This is a great statement, basically you are saying it’s the IH kids ( which always competed in the past ) not coach Hill or his 8 other coaches is why they are losing. They are just lucky the league is down and they went to Florida to beat up on terrible team. But don’t worry IH will gut there schedule to make sure to get those all important wins for there kids. Coach Hill is playing for next year when the league will be even worse than this year. IH should run the table next year. Wyoming loses a few key senior, Madeira loses everyone, rest of the CHL will be way down. Let’s see how the teams do in the tournament this year. Wyoming wins first game, Madeira could do some damage in D3 not sure if anyone else gets a win unless it’s a bad team they play.

Boring game. Defense tough but terrible offense. D2 is about offense a

Rooks is a great coach and is proven. This is a great statement, basically you are saying it’s the IH kids ( which always competed in the past ) not coach Hill or his 8 other coaches is why they are losing. They are just lucky the league is down and they went to Florida to beat up on terrible team. But don’t worry IH will gut there schedule to make sure to get those all important wins for there kids. Coach Hill is playing for next year when the league will be even worse than this year. IH should run the table next year. Wyoming loses a few key senior, Madeira loses everyone, rest of the CHL will be way down. Let’s see how the teams do in the tournament this year. Wyoming wins first game, Madeira could do some damage in D3 not sure if anyone else gets a win unless it’s a bad team they play.
Wrong. Wyoming will run the league next year, and likely the next three years also. The only way Indian Hill will challenge them is if Hill gets some transfers (which is very possible)

Whoa there lol..IH has good players.. they just haven’t been making shots…Wyoming loses a few kids but.., their frosh are fantastic..the league could well belong to them for the next 3 years…Rooks is a proven coach but my comment was about fit and style. He has thoroughbreds in the stable but is playing like they are trotters…Don’t overlook the Yellowjackets either…they have a strong underclass…and a good coach and culture!

Whoa there lol..IH has good players.. they just haven’t been making shots…Wyoming loses a few kids but.., their frosh are fantastic..the league could well belong to them for the next 3 years…Rooks is a proven coach but my comment was about fit and style. He has thoroughbreds in the stable but is playing like they are trotters…Don’t overlook the Yellowjackets either…they have a strong underclass…and a good coach and culture!
You're basing this off the one game you have seen? Which just happens to be the lowest scoring output Wyoming has had all year. Did you watch them almost put up 70 on LaSalle..who then went on to beat Moeller. Rooks is a defensive minded coach, but one ugly night is certainly not a sane reason to question a coach's style. Also, don't forget that these thoroughbreds are mostly '14 and 15' years old and they are going to have bad nights. Sorry the game didn't fit your eye, but I really don't think the Wyoming coaches or players give AF that you weren't entertained.

Totally agree. I see so many "bigs" that get a rebound in the paint and don't even look to score, they become a deer in the headlights. It seems like nobody wants to become a post player anymore, they just want to shoot 3's. Do coaches even teach that anymore? If so, very few are doing a good job of it. I'm not saying don't also learn to shoot the 3 but also learn to play aggressive and physical in the post.
I agree as well and even made the comment on here earlier that IH could have beat Taylor by 30 if Hayden would have taken the ball down into the post.

No one teaches butt to the basket basketball any more , every kid on the floor is a shooter. Cravaack is probably the best post/down low player in the league.

I know everyone's game is different but IMO if Stewart molded his play around craavack , he would avg 30 pts a game in the CHL.

You're basing this off the one game you have seen? Which just happens to be the lowest scoring output Wyoming has had all year. Did you watch them almost put up 70 on LaSalle..who then went on to beat Moeller. Rooks is a defensive minded coach, but one ugly night is certainly not a sane reason to question a coach's style. Also, don't forget that these thoroughbreds are mostly '14 and 15' years old and they are going to have bad nights. Sorry the game didn't fit your eye, but I really don't think the Wyoming coaches or players give AF that you weren't entertained.
Again…whoa there Hoss! I have watched 4 IH games, 3 Wyoming games and 4 Mariemont games this year…and way more last year…and I have no dog in the fight. As a former player ( when dinosaurs roamed Pange , I am pushing 60) and coach I am just a fan of the game. Of course kids have bad games …I had my fair share 🤣
As I stated those Frosh are fantastic…so polished. It is Wyoming’s league for the next 3 years imho. I just don’t care to watch 4 corners…anywhere at any time…Yes..it is a legit strategy and wins games a fair portion of the time…some guys love it and to each their own…and to quote you I don’t give AF either what teams do…I just love when athletes are cooking…in basketball (I saw Kobe play in high school..insane!)…in soccer…loved watching the rb from Wyoming fb this year…that is just how I roll…so chill!