CHL Basketball 22-23

Danny Austing was 2-3 from the field w/4 pts and 3 boards last night for the MSJ lions.

They lost 78-81 to Wabash. (Wabash was a D3 final 4 team last year!)

Taylor vs Shroder scrimmage was canceled.

Not 100% sure why. I do know our MS and elementary has had alot of kids and staff out sick. Not sure if it's related to that or not

Watched Taylor vs Norwood tonight.

Taylor won 4 of 5 qtrs. Didn't shoot all that great. 6'4" freshmen mike Branch played alot of minutes.
They play monroe Friday this week as well
received_1161676021451262.jpeg

Watched Taylor vs Norwood tonight.

Taylor won 4 of 5 qtrs. Didn't shoot all that great. 6'4" freshmen mike Branch played alot of minutes.
They play monroe Friday this week as wellView attachment 36156
I heard from people there that it was played as a real game 1st 4 quarters and Norwood definitely won on the scoreboard? Beat Taylor pretty easily 1st quarter with their top 5 by 15 or so? They said Norwood shot the ball pretty well and caused quite a few turnovers. Also said the quarters won by Taylor were primarily played without starters for majority? They could be wrong but sounds like Norwood outplayed Taylor by what I was told?

I heard from people there that it was played as a real game 1st 4 quarters and Norwood definitely won on the scoreboard? Beat Taylor pretty easily 1st quarter with their top 5 by 15 or so? They said Norwood shot the ball pretty well and caused quite a few turnovers. Also said the quarters won by Taylor were primarily played without starters for majority? They could be wrong but sounds like Norwood outplayed Taylor by what I was told?
Norwood def shot the ball pretty well #10 and #1 didn't really miss 😆

Score other than 5th quarter was in Taylor's favor. (Not saying there could have been a qtr played before I got there) but I saw Taylor win 4 qtrs on the board. But then again I was doing pictures while I was there so I could have been mistaken .

I don't even think Holland knows who will be the starters come game 1.

I'm imagining howard/Kincaid for sure.
Other than that I think it's going to be by committee and you'll see some JV kids gets looks too.

I'm thinking game #1 Howard Kincaid Snell Branch (big freshmen) not sure on the 5th?

IH freshmen William Bennett 6'6" 165!

Either IH borrowed mariemonts measuring devices or they got some dudes....

6'7"
6'1"
6'5"
6'4"
6'1"
6'6"
6'6"
6'4"
6'4"

9 of the 14 on the Varsity roster listed at 6'1" or bigger

IH freshmen William Bennett 6'6" 165!

Either IH borrowed mariemonts measuring devices or they got some dudes....

6'7"
6'1"
6'5"
6'4"
6'1"
6'6"
6'6"
6'4"
6'4"

9 of the 14 on the Varsity roster listed at 6'1" or bigger
Thats accurate. CJ Hayden is 6'7, Colton Smith Riggs and a few others round out the 6'4 - 6'6 range. With podojil being on the short end. The smallest one may be Frazier, he's like 5'7 (5'8 in his hoop shoes)

How has everyone looked so far?

Haven't heard much from other schools. I'm sure Wyoming is waiting on some players from football.

How has IH looked? Mariemont? Madeira ?

Taylor has one more scrimmage left tonight
Vs 7hills.

I would give them a C+ so far. They are super athletic. But losing Austing/Hilvert (30pts a game) they have to come up with ways to score.

The JV squad is FUN to watch and I think you will even see some of the JV kids splitting time with Varsity too.

Taylor looked pretty good in their last scrimmage vs 7hills.
A few "starters" didn't play for Taylor I would imagine just rest/keeping them healthy for the start of the regular season.

Snell (sophomore guard) hit 4 or 5 3's
Branch played well down low. Double digit rebounds. They kept track of each half score taylor won both. The 5th qtr 7hills won mostly was backups/JV guys.

#24 for 7hills is a beast tried to see if last year that # was someone but didn't see it listed.

Reading starts the 1st weekend 2-0 with a buzzer beater at the end to beat ccd
Good start for the Blue Devils. Lockland is usually pretty bad but it seems CCD is usually pretty good. Maybe Reading got some transfers? Regardless, good first week for a team that lost a lot of players to graduation

Good start for the Blue Devils. Lockland is usually pretty bad but it seems CCD is usually pretty good. Maybe Reading got some transfers? Regardless, good first week for a team that lost a lot of players to graduation
CCD was pretty good last year (18-4)
Lost to Purcell in rd1 on playoffs.
Beat D1 Milford.

Looks like they did graduate their top 3 pt scorers from last year that was about 30pts a game for them.

None the less good weekend for the Blue Devils!

Looks like everyone but Wyoming gets going this week!

Tomorrow

Ftown vs Batavia
MM vs Harrison
Taylor vs Talawanda

Taylor wins 39-38

Howard finished w/ 18

Freshmen mike branch hit game tying and go ahead FT w/20 sec left (finished w/12 pts)

Last edited: