CHL Basketball 2020-21

Assuming that there will actually be some games tonight I guess it's time for some predictions:

Madeira @ Cincinnati Christian - Madeira is young and unproven and CC is 2-6. Lets call this a pick em

Deer Park @ Mariemont - This one should be very interesting, mainly just to see who Deer Park puts on the court. They still don't have a roster listed on CHL website but we have to assume that they have little left from the Deer Park Elite days. Mariemont by 15

Indian Hill at Finneytown - Indian Hill should roll them by 20.

dont think the finneytown - IH game is happening

Assuming that there will actually be some games tonight I guess it's time for some predictions:

Madeira @ Cincinnati Christian - Madeira is young and unproven and CC is 2-6. Lets call this a pick em

Deer Park @ Mariemont - This one should be very interesting, mainly just to see who Deer Park puts on the court. They still don't have a roster listed on CHL website but we have to assume that they have little left from the Deer Park Elite days. Mariemont by 15

f

Deer park has nothing think they lost by 40. Looks like they dressed 6 kids

Deer park has nothing think they lost by 40. Looks like they dressed 6 kids

Really sad, I just wish coward Gentry was around to take these beatings. Unfortunately the Deer Park kids (yes, deer park kids are finally getting to play) and Coach Vickers are the innocent victims and will take the brunt of this while Gentry is the rat that left the sinking ship.
And where are all the Deer Park blowhards that were so proud of the “program”that he was building? If he had actually built a program this team would be in good shape. Pathetic

Really sad, I just wish coward Gentry was around to take these beatings. Unfortunately the Deer Park kids (yes, deer park kids are finally getting to play) and Coach Vickers are the innocent victims and will take the brunt of this while Gentry is the rat that left the sinking ship.
And where are all the Deer Park blowhards that were so proud of the “program”that he was building? If he had actually built a program this team would be in good shape. Pathetic
I am not sure what happened but when Coach Vickers was appointed there were still about 18 Deer Park kids in the program. Some good athletes that play multiple sports at Deer Park, some even have DI offers for football. I watched the live steam of their game and saw maybe 8 total players and zero of the multi sport athletes outside of a freshman that played JV football. Even with Gentry's kids the last few years some Deer Park kids got varsity minutes, none of those players are on the team this year. I am not sure why kids that knew they we not going to get a lot of playing time when Gentry was there would walk way or got cut from a team that they would have been the key players on. If those players stayed I feel DP would been competitive in CHL games outside of Wyoming, IH, and Taylor.

I am not sure what happened but when Coach Vickers was appointed there were still about 18 Deer Park kids in the program. Some good athletes that play multiple sports at Deer Park, some even have DI offers for football. I watched the live steam of their game and saw maybe 8 total players and zero of the multi sport athletes outside of a freshman that played JV football. Even with Gentry's kids the last few years some Deer Park kids got varsity minutes, none of those players are on the team this year. I am not sure why kids that knew they we not going to get a lot of playing time when Gentry was there would walk way or got cut from a team that they would have been the key players on. If those players stayed I feel DP would been competitive in CHL games outside of Wyoming, IH, and Taylor.

Interesting, wonder what happened? If Gentry were fired I would think maybe they were showing support for him and not playing, but that wasn't the case. Sounds like Vickers has his hands full. Tough situation on many levels.

Don't want this thread to get off track, but Deer Park was not the first, and won't be the last, to do this type of thing. The Reading team that one the state in 2003 had two starters that had played at Mariemont the previous year. I am not a fan of any school assembling players from out of the district to win but other schools in the CHL have done it.

Don't want this thread to get off track, but Deer Park was not the first, and won't be the last, to do this type of thing. The Reading team that one the state in 2003 had two starters that had played at Mariemont the previous year. I am not a fan of any school assembling players from out of the district to win but other schools in the CHL have done it.

True but Deer Park did it on another level.

Looks like a full slate of games this week!! (not sure if Indian Hill is back to competing this year or not??)

Finneytown at Gamble Montessori
Indian Hill at CHCA
Indian Hill at Goshen
Elder at Mariemont
Norwood at Taylor
Hughes at Wyoming
Madeira at Reading

Deer Park at Indian Hill
Taylor at Mariemont
Reading at Wyoming
Finneytown at Madeira

Finneytown at New Miami
Clark Montessori at Madeira
Mariemont at Indian Hill
Reading at Taylor

Looks like a full slate of games this week!! (not sure if Indian Hill is back to competing this year or not??)

Finneytown at Gamble Montessori
Indian Hill at CHCA
Indian Hill at Goshen
Elder at Mariemont
Norwood at Taylor
Hughes at Wyoming
Madeira at Reading

Deer Park at Indian Hill
Taylor at Mariemont
Reading at Wyoming
Finneytown at Madeira

Finneytown at New Miami
Clark Montessori at Madeira
Mariemont at Indian Hill
Reading at Taylor

That's a pretty sight!!!

I think Indian HIll is playing CHCA tonight.
Goshen may be quarantined

Warriors win 64-43. Impressed on how well they controlled Cravaak.
He's still averaging 21pts a game and Austing 20, Walker 17. I think once Walker starts playing the weaker CHL teams he will put up some huge numbers and end up with the league scoring title again. Thornton will also join this group once IH gets rolling.

Last edited:
Indian hill 56
CHCA 36

Taylor 66
Norwood 56

Wyoming 47
Hughes 46

Reading 60
Madeira 52

Last edited:
Why would elder be playing mariemont? joe can't be that hard up for a w

Often times CHL teams will beef up their out of conference schedules when they feel (or think) it is their year. Mariemont has 8 seniors on this roster and has felt that this team was going to be their best team in many, many years. One of their best players is hurt and maybe they just aren't as good as they thought anyway? Looks like they bit off a little too much scheduling Elder. Often times, great Jr high teams don't always translate into great varsity teams.

I can understand Mariemont's thinking, just not Elder's. Maybe the coaches are friends though that would not explain the score discrepancy.

Taylor beat Mariemont by 20+...don't think this is one of their better teams...
Well I mean Taylor is 10-2. Its not like they are horrible and has one of the best players in the CHL on their team.. Mariemont lost to elder by 20+ last year as well.....

Mariemont is 7-4 which isnt bad. I dont know what their expectations were going to be. Were they thinking they had a shot to hang with Elder? b/c I dont know

Last edited:
Elder emptied the bench early in the game and every player scored.

According to Elder's twitter, Leading Scorers: Andrew Harp (JR) 11pts Drew Busam (JR) 11pts JT Miller (SR) 9pts Carson Browne (SO) 9pts. Elder made 14 3s.

Elder is good this year. But that's not always the case. Im sure Mariemont & Elder have had years where this would be a competitive/toss-up game.

Last edited:
Elder emptied the bench early in the game and every player scored.

According to Elder's twitter, Leading Scorers: Andrew Harp (JR) 11pts Drew Busam (JR) 11pts JT Miller (SR) 9pts Carson Browne (SO) 9pts. Elder made 14 3s.

Elder is good this year. But that's not always the case. Im sure Mariemont & Elder have had years where this would be a competitive/toss-up game.

My god, 14 3’s is ridiculous. Hard to win any game when your opponent shoots like that. Elder wins 42-39 on 3’s alone.

Mariemont was never winning a CHL title this year or anything, but they did lose their best player with Megowen tearing his ACL. He averaged 15 and 8 last year and obviously was a huge part of their team. They haven't been quite the same without him.

Upset of the week. I will take Mariemont over Taylor on Friday.
I wouldnt call a 7-4 beating a 9-2 an upset...

Taylor did not shoot well vs Norwood , Kevin English tore them up and Norwood shot over 50% from the floor so Taylor has some work to do to get ready for tomorrow. Mariemont coming off 2 loses to Hughes and Elder who are both very good teams, they are going to be hungry for a W im sure

Taylor shot 54% vs mariemont last time they played and made 9 3's (taylor also had 5 players in double figures) so going to be hard for a repeat performance