CHL Basketball 2020-21

It's looking like RIP Deer Park Elite. The circus has left town and left the DP program a mess.
Program for sure a mess don’t even think they r having a JV team. And Jones is playing for CCPA he transferred when Reggie revels the asst coach left

First league game in the books.
Taylor 71. Madeira 62.
Taylor won all three games at Madeira. Can’t imagine how long it’s been since that happened.

Program for sure a mess don’t even think they r having a JV team. And Jones is playing for CCPA he transferred when Reggie revels the asst coach left

And many of those idiots thought that Gentry was building a program. All he did was recruit kids to build an AAU team for himself and his son and then leave town when it all fell apart.

Enquirer had an article this morning highlighting some of the major transfers/departures from area high schools.

For the CHL schools that were mentioned:

Deer Park
Tre Munson - now at International Sports Academy (ISA Prep) in suburban Cleveland
Ani Elliot - now at United Prep in Columbus

Finneytown
Kodee Holloway - now at KEBA Prep in Cincinnati

The article also mentioned junior Kollin Tolbert from Mt. Healthy is now at KEBA Prep.

Looks like Austing is off to a fast start for Taylor this year. Is Madeira really starting four sophomores?
danny scored 19 and 22 so far! Hopefully he stays healthy. He may give Walker a run for his money on POY!

Conner Cravaack is legit. He scored 23 against taylor. He avg'ed 8 a game last year as a freshmen
looks like he played all varsity as well 20+ mins in most games.

Madeira will start 3 or 4 Sophomores and 1 or 2 juniors...and Cravaack started every game on varsity last year as a frosh...and is just getting stronger and better

Madeira will start 3 or 4 Sophomores and 1 or 2 juniors...and Cravaack started every game on varsity last year as a frosh...and is just getting stronger and better
How many Cravaacks can there be? Seems like there's been one in CHL basketball for 8 years.

Jack Cravaack graduated in 2018 and started 4 years of varsity...There are twin boys in the class of 2023

Taylor took a beating from Ross friday night!

walker put up 27/10 vs Lasalle

this week
Wyoming vs St. X
CHCA vs Taylor
Wyoming vs Madeira
Mariemont vs Taylor
Mariemont vs Loveland
Williamsburg vs madeira

Wyoming didnt shy away from the competition for out of league games thats for sure!

Taylor took a beating from Ross friday night!

walker put up 27/10 vs Lasalle

this week
Wyoming vs St. X
CHCA vs Taylor
Wyoming vs Madeira
Mariemont vs Taylor
Mariemont vs Loveland
Williamsburg vs madeira

Wyoming didnt shy away from the competition for out of league games thats for sure!

Good for Wyoming. IH played at St. X last season and only lost by 8, so hopefully Wyoming can stay competitive as well.

dont think madeira is playing this week. i thought i heard they shut down sports for a week?

jtk
()

Wyoming lost to St X by 18. Judging by the box score Wyoming didn't play that poorly. They shot over 50% and held St X to 46%. They were outrebounded badly though. With offensive rebounds and turnovers, Wyoming attempted 19 fewer shots than St X. It's hard to tell right now because Wyoming has played two tough teams, but they don't seem to have too much outside of Walker and Crayton.

Wyoming lost to St X by 18. Judging by the box score Wyoming didn't play that poorly. They shot over 50% and held St X to 46%. They were outrebounded badly though. With offensive rebounds and turnovers, Wyoming attempted 19 fewer shots than St X. It's hard to tell right now because Wyoming has played two tough teams, but they don't seem to have too much outside of Walker and Crayton.

Nothing besides Walker and Crayton. And no size at all. I saw Walker playing the middle of their zone. Going to be tough for them to do much come tourney time I think.

They should still cruise through most of the CHL, but I suspect that Mariemont and Indian Hill’s size could give them some problems. Good to see them scheduling some tough out of conference games though.

Last edited:
Taylor was in a close one last night!

lost 65-59 to CHCA Austing had 19 and Hilvert 18pts and 16 rebounds. Kearns off the bench had 12
Although its a short sample size through 4 games

Austing avg 18 pts 2 stls
Kearns avg 12pts 2 stls
Hilvert avg 11pts 8 rebounds
Zieverink 10 pts 2 stls

I know its early but I like seeing more guys scoring for the Jackets! 4 avg'ing double digits is nice!

I thought Wyoming would struggle against LaSalle and St X but I’m surprised that they were beaten that badly by McNick. Maybe Walker needs more help than I thought?

I thought Wyoming would struggle against LaSalle and St X but I’m surprised that they were beaten that badly by McNick. Maybe Walker needs more help than I thought?
Waiting for the scoring line to come out. 41 pts curious how many of those came from walker/Crayton

McNick wasnt bad last year 17 win team (only last to LaSalle by 4 and beat taft by 1) not sure what their team looks like this year.

Maybe the CHL is up for grabs more than some thought? THis year def has things very different

Waiting for the scoring line to come out. 41 pts curious how many of those came from walker/Crayton

McNick wasnt bad last year 17 win team (only last to LaSalle by 4 and beat taft by 1) not sure what their team looks like this year.

Maybe the CHL is up for grabs more than some thought? THis year def has things very different

Walker 16, Mitchell 12, Crayton 6

All I know about McNick is that the current Senior class was something like 21-1 their Freshmen season with the only loss being to Moeller. So I imagine they have some talent.