CHL Basketball 2020-21

Deer Park is the wild card. Rumor is the well has run dry. Then again, rumor.......I look for Taylor to put up a fight for 3rd. Austin has the ability to take over in spurts and they have some other youngsters back. Wyoming, on the strength of Walker alone will be tough to beat. Add in Crayton and they look to be front runners. IH had a rough season with Lopez and Whitehead ruled ineligible. That may help them this year as role players had to step up. Big man Robinson has the physical tools, but seems to fade mentally. If he toughens up, he could be dominant. Dunno if Holloway is still at F'town (I have heard nothing) but if Godby can step up that would give them a nice option.

The loss of Prater will hurt Wyoming but with Walker and Crayton they still might have enough to win the CHL again. I think Indian Hill has the talent, and depth the challenge them though. With Thornton, Robinson, Wachs etc. they could be a tough match up for Wyoming. I also think Mariemont will be very good, even without Megowan. Taylor will also be good. Madeira has some good young players but too inexperienced to challenge this year. I think Reading and Finneytown struggle and who knows about Deer Park? If they get more new kids they could be really good but if not, they will likely be near the bottom of the league again.

Reactions: 4GX
Deer park just released they accepted Steve gentrys resignation due to unforeseen health circumstances and Wally vickers is the new boys basketball coach effective immediately

Indian Hill shutting down all sports until January 7. This will really screw up the CHL scheduling. Should make for a crazy January/February. I just hope the other CHL schools don’t follow suit

Last edited:
Indian Hill shutting down all sports until January 7. This will really screw up the CHL scheduling. Should make for a crazy January/February. I just hope the other CHL schools don’t follow suit
I don’t see how things will be any better Jan 7. After Christmas and New Years holidays, Jan 7 will probably be worse than it is now.

Did they have an outbreak at the school? As for scheduling, generally January is packed full with games. Not sure how a team can make up many games.

Deer Park pauses all practices/games for all sports till Dec 7th. From what I can tell no outbreaks at school, could be playing it safe for the week after everyone got together with family on Thanksgiving.

I think Walker is pre season favorite for POY
and Wyoming pre season favorite as league champ

With all of these teams shutting down I'm curious if/how CHL makes up these games?
Could be champs are the team that stays the "healthiest" and gets the most games in.

Wyoming- Losing Prater will be tough (20 ppg and 7 rebs and 2 blks)
Walker and Crayton will be the 2 main guys running the show

Deer park- Loses a lot of talent and HC.
Is Munson still there? Jones (transfer from Taylor?)

Taylor-returns 3 of 5 starters.
Danny Austing (Already scored 19 in their opener vs st. Bernard) will be key in running their offense. Hilvert (9ppg 8reb) will step up and
Jacob Swiegard will have the ball more as well.

Indian Hill- returns their Top 3 scores Wachs, Lopez and Thorton. Should have a talented team. Dont know how overall Covid delays hurts their season or chance at a CHL Championship

Mariemont- Megown is or isn't playing? (thought I saw somewhere someone said he was injured? or not playing maybe I am wrong?)
Senes returns who avg'ed 10 ppg last season

Finneytown- Holloway transferring to prep is a huge loss to the team. Dont know how the Covid shut down will affect them.

Madeira- Lose their #1 pt scorer Solinski. Alot of production going to need to come from Schneider and the little Craavak (avg'ed 8ppg as a freshmen)

Reading- Return their top 2 scorers Scott (15ppg) and Stidham (9ppg) Alot of youth that got ALOT of Varsity time last year. Dont know how the Covid shut down will affect them.

My prediction

League Champ- Wyoming
2nd- Taylor
3rd- Indian Hill
4th- Mariemont
5th-Madiera
6th-reading
7th-deer park
8th- Finneytown

With all of these teams shutting down I'm curious if/how CHL makes up these games?
Could be champs are the team that stays the "healthiest" and gets the most games in.

Danny Austing (Already scored 19 in their opener vs st. Bernard) will be key in running their offense. Hilvert (9ppg 8reb) will step up and

Indian Hill- returns their Top 3 scores Wachs, Lopez and Thorton. Should have a talented team. Dont know how overall Covid delays hurts their season or chance at a CHL Championship

Mariemont- Megown is or isn't playing? (thought I saw somewhere someone said he was injured? or not playing maybe I am wrong?)

Finneytown- Holloway transferring to prep is a huge loss to the team. Dont know how the Covid shut down will affect them.

Madeira- Lose their #1 pt scorer Solinski. Alot of production going to need to come from Schneider and the little Craavak (avg'ed 8ppg as a freshmen)

Reading- Return their top 2 scorers Scott (15ppg) and Stidham (9ppg) Alot of youth that got ALOT of Varsity time last year. Dont know how the Covid shut down will affect them.

My prediction

League Champ- Wyoming
2nd- Taylor
3rd- Indian Hill
4th- Mariemont
5th-Madiera
6th-reading
7th-deer park
8th- Finneytown

Megowen is out. Tore his ACL halfway through the football season. Would have been their best player this year.

My prediction

League Champ- Wyoming
2nd- Taylor
3rd- Indian Hill
4th- Mariemont
5th-Madiera
6th-reading
7th-deer park
8th- Finneytown

Nice analysis, Taylor is a good team but I just don't see them being better than Indian Hill and Mariemont.
- Munson gone from Deer Park, not sure about Jones
- Megowen not playing for Mariemont
- Schneider not on Madeira roster

Nice analysis, Taylor is a good team but I just don't see them being better than Indian Hill and Mariemont.
- Munson gone from Deer Park, not sure about Jones
- Megowen not playing for Mariemont
- Schneider not on Madeira roster
I'm going to always be biased toward My Ole' yellow jackets :) BUT im basing that off not knowing if IH will get to make up the 4-5 CHL games they miss early in the season!

Good preview. When did the Enquirer stop doing high School basketball league previews? Football had one but none for hoops. Im ready to get rid of my digital subscription.

My prediction

League Champ- Wyoming
2nd- Taylor
3rd- Indian Hill
4th- Mariemont
5th-Madiera
6th-reading
7th-deer park
8th- Finneytown