CHL Basketball 2020-21

What good does it to do run the score up on a team that has zero players or coaches on the current roster that played for/coached with Gentry. I don't agree with what Gentry did while at DP or how he just up and left once his pipeline ran dry. I just don't see the point in beating down a team with 7 players that honestly should all be JV players that has zero ties to the previous coach that beat you. Seems like you would be just as bad as Gentry with the exception of you did it with your homegrown players.
still the same administration that let it happen all those years.

i guess you never watched deer park hardly take out starters and press up by a lot.

jtk
()

what gentry did to that league should have everyone trying to run it up on them, every night. deer park didn't mind scoring as many as they could on people, the league needs to show no mercy.

jtk
()

Typically I'd agree, but in this situation it's probably not about the adults. The kids left on the team had nothing to do with what Gentry and the admin did and I don't think they deserve it. They will be embarrassed enough going winless.

with my job i communicate with ad's. they feel otherwise.

honestly, i was just making a comment. didn't intend to offend anyone. lol

jtk
()

Taylor down 56-54 scores 4 late points to go ahead 58-56 setting up final Indian Hill possession. IH goes down court where Lopez finds Wachs...who buries a 3 with 5.1 seconds remaining. Taylor gets off a tough 3 at the buzzer but it goes long. Indian remains unbeaten in CHL play at 6-0 with 59-58 victory. Taylor is 6-2. Wyoming is 3-1. Taylor and Wyoming meet Friday night.

Taylor down 56-54 scores 4 late points to go ahead 58-56 setting up final Indian Hill possession. IH goes down court where Lopez finds Wachs...who buries a 3 with 5.1 seconds remaining. Taylor gets off a tough 3 at the buzzer but it goes long. Indian remains unbeaten in CHL play at 6-0 with 59-58 victory. Taylor is 6-2. Wyoming is 3-1. Taylor and Wyoming meet Friday night.
Was a great game to watch , I liked that IH had announcers doing play by play and they WERENT biased! actually gave many kudos to the Taylor kids/coaches for the season they have had and how tough they played.

IH is in the driver seat it seems... Taylor/Wyoming tomorrow could be for 2nd/3rd place

Was a great game to watch , I liked that IH had announcers doing play by play and they WERENT biased! actually gave many kudos to the Taylor kids/coaches for the season they have had and how tough they played.

IH is in the driver seat it seems... Taylor/Wyoming tomorrow could be for 2nd/3rd place
tomorrow?
dang. quick turn around

wachs or Peek hit shot?

I know the announcers at IH...one is a close friend even though I am a Mustang all the way. Agree they do a very nice job...both are basketball guys and not homers...I wish we could be going to these games

Looking at the CHL league stats, it's hard to deny Walker's performance. Probably more accurate to say Wachs is among the contenders for POY.
I think Walker is clearly the frontrunner and should win it. Wachs is having a great season but the only stat that he appears in the top 5 of the league is 2nd in shooting pct. Hard to call that guy the player of the year. I'd give it to Austing or Cravaack before Wachs but they are all good players.

I mean I think walker is POY front runner still....
Cravaak just too small of a sample size w/only 9 games played

BUT if I am James Holland I am in the meeting to vote on all that pushing like Hell for Austing or atleast pushing for CO-POY votes or something
that has to stick out for Austing is his shooting % ... 55% FG and 43% from 3. thats pretty damn good if you ask me

There's 2 players who shoot 50% overall and 50% for 3. Austing isn't one of them.

Taylor's going to lose a lot. Swiggard is a dang tough kid. He brings a lot more to the table than he gets credit for. Hilvert is as good a 6 foot center as I've ever seen in high school.

Next year is Austing & Hilvert. See what they can accomplish without the strong role players they have this year.

Cravaac is very good. But he takes such a huge portion of their shots, he's going to score a lot.

Walker is a great player. Not having a great year.

I think Wachs is the best basketball player on the best team.

There's 2 players who shoot 50% overall and 50% for 3. Austing isn't one of them.

Taylor's going to lose a lot. Swiggard is a dang tough kid. He brings a lot more to the table than he gets credit for. Hilvert is as good a 6 foot center as I've ever seen in high school.

Next year is Austing & Hilvert. See what they can accomplish without the strong role players they have this year.

Walker is a great player. Not having a great year.
55/43 is pretty damn good SO he isnt one of the 2 guys 50/50 ok?

losing swaggs will be HUGE the kid has a motor that doesnt stop and he gives 150% every minute of every game.

The pipeline is pretty good with JV (who is 17-0 this year) Kincaid AND Kearns will move into a starting roles and there are 3-4 JV guys who will produce big minutes for the varsity squad....I commend James for their success being built with Three Rivers home town kids!
Could you imagine this squad with GJones?? (who transferred to deer park now at CCPA)

Walker isnt having a great year? 21pts , 12 boards, 2 steals , 3 asst's if that isnt a "great" season I would hate to what your criteria is to have a "great" year. If you are comparing his Junior year (pre covid craziness) you have to take into consideration he played next to Prater who arguably was one of the best athletes to come through the school ever.

Last edited:
Walker not having a great year?

Let's remember that he is basically the legitimate scoring threat on Wyoming outside of Crayton. He's not playing next to Prater or Edmonds anymore. Nearly 100% of the defensive focus is on him. And he's scoring 21 PPG.

They've also played a pretty hard schedule this year. In CHL games, Walker is averaging 28 PPG on 55% FG and 46% 3P. No other player averages more than 20 PPG in league play.

I commend James for their success being built with Three Rivers home town kids!

Not sure I'd classify Austing, Kearns, and Hilvert as "home town" kids. As you know, they were in the district but those three were part of Our Lady of Visitation basketball, football, etc. for 8 years of grade school. Doesn't take anything away from Taylor or from James' success, but just clarifying the "home town" comment. Go Jackets!

Not sure I'd classify Austing, Kearns, and Hilvert as "home town" kids. As you know, they were in the district but those three were part of Our Lady of Visitation basketball, football, etc. for 8 years of grade school. Doesn't take anything away from Taylor or from James' success, but just clarifying the "home town" comment. Go Jackets!
they are "three rivers" kids regardless of where they went to grade school.
I wonder if they chose the Catholic school route if any of them ever even see the court/field fresh-Junior year. no idea. Kearns prolly could on the baseball field.