CHL 2019-2020

According to Deer Park, the game is going to be rescheduled, so everyone talking about how Wyoming is too ”privileged” to play can chill. To be honest, I’d be surprised if Wyoming is making as big of a deal about this as some people here are. They were probably okay with the day off given they had a game Saturday too.

Anyway; 2 really good looking games tonight.
Finneytown at Wyoming. Finneytown played them real close last game.
Indian Hill at Taylor. Both are struggling. But it's a long drive to Cleves.

no one made a big deal when the kid from Moeller went to Wyoming or Kodee Holloway left Deer park for finneytown those actions an moves were virtually made non existent on here..

Because those are single individuals moving/transferring - which is normal, and happens. Sometimes within the constraints of the OHSAA rules, sometimes outside of that. People don't like the DP situation because it was an entire team. It's unprecedented and out of the realm of logic that all of these families just happened to up and move to DP and it coincides with Gentry taking over. So spare all the 'this happens everywhere' talk. It doesn't, and especially not in the CHL.

Nobody on this thread believes that all of the transfer movement is above board. Sure maybe the OHSAA didn't find anything illegal (they're not an investigative body), but the rest of the non-DP world isn't naive.

Anyway; 2 really good looking games tonight.
Finneytown at Wyoming. Finneytown played them real close last game.
Indian Hill at Taylor. Both are struggling. But it's a long drive to Cleves.
Imagine poor Taylor has to make that long drive 7 times more than any other CHL team. What a horrible disadvantage.

Because those are single individuals moving/transferring - which is normal, and happens. Sometimes within the constraints of the OHSAA rules, sometimes outside of that. People don't like the DP situation because it was an entire team. It's unprecedented and out of the realm of logic that all of these families just happened to up and move to DP and it coincides with Gentry taking over. So spare all the 'this happens everywhere' talk. It doesn't, and especially not in the CHL.

Nobody on this thread believes that all of the transfer movement is above board. Sure maybe the OHSAA didn't find anything illegal (they're not an investigative body), but the rest of the non-DP world isn't naive.
The problem with it is who are you to tell them where to move to if they are payin a mortgage city tax,rent etc then there is nothin foul there has been no one on here has proven anything with a smoking gun can’t you see why this looks crazy for people to continue to talk about those players I was told the year they won it teams from the league hired private investigators never found anything ohsaa followed kids home this is crazy over kids playing basketball I grant you the amount of players that’s goin to deerpark is unusual but that too will run it’s course I believe they won’t get kids forever...

The problem with it is who are you to tell them where to move to if they are payin a mortgage city tax,rent etc then there is nothin foul there has been no one on here has proven anything with a smoking gun can’t you see why this looks crazy for people to continue to talk about those players I was told the year they won it teams from the league hired private investigators never found anything ohsaa followed kids home this is crazy over kids playing basketball I grant you the amount of players that’s goin to deerpark is unusual but that too will run it’s course I believe they won’t get kids forever...
Are you sure you aren’t Deer Park till I die?

It’s funny, people come on here defending Deer Park and telling other people to prove they were cheating with “facts”. Then, they use phrases like “I was told” and “I’ve heard from multiple people” to defend Deer Park. Are we using “facts” or not?

Anyone that thinks with any logic knows what’s going on at Deer Park - it’s well known throughout the league. My prediction is that Gentry leaves after his son graduates and Deer Park will return to normal. Maybe the real Deer Park kids get to play after that.

I grant you the amount of players that’s goin to deerpark is unusual but that too will run it’s course I believe they won’t get kids forever...

Perhaps the amount was so large because they were.... recruited?

I'd say most everyone assumes that the players were recruited in some form or fashion. Most also doubt the legitimacy of their residency. Pick one or the other, or both as to why this is met with scorn from just about everyone.

Give me Wyoming over Ftown by double digits.
IH/Taylor as a toss up pending Taylor health. If healthy I'll take Taylor at home.

Are you sure you aren’t Deer Park till I die?

It’s funny, people come on here defending Deer Park and telling other people to prove they were cheating with “facts”. Then, they use phrases like “I was told” and “I’ve heard from multiple people” to defend Deer Park. Are we using “facts” or not?

Anyone that thinks with any logic knows what’s going on at Deer Park - it’s well known throughout the league. My prediction is that Gentry leaves after his son graduates and Deer Park will return to normal. Maybe the real Deer Park kids get to play after that.
You right about the facts part I just wanna see the game played without everyone bringing up everything but the game not a DP person just get sick of hearing about it on here when we should be talkin about on court stuff I get both sides of it just tired of everyone crying let’s get back to basketball the TOURNAMENT DRAW should be coming up shouldn’t it...

Going to watch DP Elite @ Madiera tonight. Will be a blowout but I do enjoy watching DP. Was at a SB party w/ many parents w/ players in the CHL. Players/parents over there must be losing their minds. Someone pls send a resume for the coaching position at Madeira. Will fall on deaf ears if addressed to AD. Sounds like he’s part of the problem. Send to the Prez of Athletic Boosters? Coach sounds like a goofball. He doesn’t hold a candle to the other respected and knowledge coaches there. They all want Reynolds back. Feel bad for the Madiera players. Esp the Seniors.

HUGE win for the jackets over IH

64-63

I told yall watch for the name Harrry Hilvert
Ice in his veins 2 big FT's with 9 secs left.

Crazy shot selection for IH with 5 sec left kid drives to the hoop and kicks it out....im driving and drawing a foul.

Is the league site correct? Did Madeira beat DP by 30? That's gotta be backwards right?

Last edited:
That it sucks to drive to Taylor? And it sucks for Taylor to drive everywhere else?
That's a theory that makes you think i think road teams always lose at taylor?
You claimed the drive to Taylor is a "terrible"competitive disadvantage. How ridiculous. The drive might annoy entitled, spoiled snowflakes but there is no terrible disadvantage.

that is correct. Has had some success the past two years
Made a semi-surprising run to a state final after a slow start in his first season, and then I believe made a final four or another final last year? Google says he has a 1 loss campaign in the works right now...

Made a semi-surprising run to a state final after a slow start in his first season, and then I believe made a final four or another final last year? Google says he has a 1 loss campaign in the works right now...
didnt he retire from madeira?
He didn't get asked to leave did he?

didnt he retire from madeira?
He didn't get asked to leave did he?
As far as I know, he retired on his own from coaching and teaching at Madeira, then moved to Arizona (where I believe his son works?). According to a story I read on the CHL website, he got the "coaching bug" in Arizona and decided to start coaching again there.

As far as I know, he retired on his own from coaching and teaching at Madeira, then moved to Arizona (where I believe his son works?). According to a story I read on the CHL website, he got the "coaching bug" in Arizona and decided to start coaching again there.

He moved to Tucson to be closer to his kids.

His daughter lives in Colorado and his son is Director of Basketball Operations at The University of Arizona.

Without speculating too much... I don't think it was 100% on his own accord. I believe there was some politics involved with nuance in how educators are able to capitalize on pension eligibility while also being 'rehired'. He very quickly was back on the sideline in AZ (albeit closer to his kids). So I'll just leave it there :)

I'll say that most in the community held him in high regard and regardless of who the replacement was, it was going to be challenging to fill those shoes.