CHL 2019-2020

For my money, Holland at Taylor is the best coach in the league. Not just because of this year but how he is building that program. I think Stidham at Reading is there as well. He has nothing this year but with that new school and open enrollment, I could see Reading becoming very tough. I think Caldwell at Mariemont is on thin ice...not much talent there and grumbling parents. I like Tim Burch but IH has underperformed for years. He gets real talent and size consistently but rarely gets great results. That could be a parent issue up there but I can't say. Rooks at Wyoming looks like a great coach but he is loaded with talent. Be interesting to see what happens next year with Walker being the only stud coming back.

i was really impressed with the Taylor coach when I went to their game

Wyoming led the entire game and closed them out in the 4th. They controlled the game and had a horrible night shooting the 3. Could have been 20 easily if they don't shot 14% from 3. Taylor is improved but certainly didn't give Wyoming all they could handle.. West Hi and Deer Park gave Wyoming much tougher games
Don't be offended.

I was just referring to Finneytown. But you're right, it hasn't happened at any CHL school since the statistics page at the league website went live in 2007.

In fact I'm having trouble finding anyone in the area that's done it in the last 15 years--it hasn't happened in the MVC or the GMC at least. I don't think I'll bother checking the GCL, they don't score enough points. Samari Curtis of Xenia averaged 24 per game his sophomore year in 2016/17. Kennard of course. But if I have to cherrypick Mr. Ohio's to find it, it must not happen very often.

Came across another one... Brayden Sipple out in Blanchester did it last year as well. Averaged 25.1 PPG as a sophomore, currently averaging 34 PPG as a junior.

Came across another one... Brayden Sipple out in Blanchester did it last year as well. Averaged 25.1 PPG as a sophomore, currently averaging 34 PPG as a junior.
I should have thought of him--they ended Finneytown's season last year and he had 30. All free throws, is how I remember it, but of course if I look it up that won't quite be true.

CHL: Three levels of Teams.
Top-Wyoming and Deer Park. Waiting for Wyoming to improve now that Prater is full time.
Middle-Taylor, Indian Hill, and Finneytown. IH should be better.
Bottom-Mariemont, Madeira, and Reading. The Madeira coach is afraid to let them play.

I was at the dumpster fire called basketball tonight: Mariemont vs. Madeira...( I had some friends with kids playing on both sides)...Anyone who defends Madeira’s coach should put in an insane asylum. Quite possibly one of the worst I have ever seen. Down 12 he was stalling again just like last time I saw them. They scored 6 in the first and were lucky to have 15 at half ( a kid hit a buzzer beater 3)...There is no ball screen action at all? Nobody looks to shoot or even square up ( no screens for shooters?)...nobody posts up? I can’t figure out how they were supposed to score the ball...I have seen 8th grade teams run better sets. Mariemont was marginally better. They played decent defense. They made some wide open 3’s and had some nice dive cuts. They were patient and made their shots...that will only work against a team that will play at that pace...actually Madeira tried to play slower ?....That Madeira team is not great but that was embarrassing tonight. I felt bad for those kids. Mariemont should have won by 12 but they took some bad shots down the stretch that allowed a comeback of sorts. I should have went to the Wyoming game vs IH.
I would agree with your assessment of his coaching ability. Clearly, Madeira will probably never have the talent to win the CHL. But he is doing those kids a dis-service. They are talented enough right now to post a winning record overall

I would agree with your assessment of his coaching ability. Clearly, Madeira will probably never have the talent to win the CHL. But he is doing those kids a dis-service. They are talented enough right now to post a winning record overall
They have won the CHL many times.

They have won the CHL many times.

yeah, sorry. My comment was imprecise since I made it on the fly. I was trying to qualify my comment about what a different coach could get out of this team. So better said, my comment should have been “I’m not saying this Madeira team could win the CHL with a different coach.”

This is starting to look like a really disappointing season for Indian Hill. I really thought they would contend for the CHL title but with back to back losses they are now 4-4 in league play, only one game ahead of Mariemont, Finneytown, and Madeira. Surprising upsets last night by Madeira over Finneytown and Mariemont over Taylor. I don’t see DP Elite or Wyoming losing again so its looking like the DP Elite - Wyoming game on January 31 will determine if Wyoming has to share the title with DPE.

Last edited:
This is starting to look like a really disappointing season for Indian Hill. I really though they would contend for the CHL title but with back to back losses they are now 4-4 in league play, only one game ahead of Mariemont, Finneytown, and Madeira. Surprising upsets last night by Madeira over Finneytown and Mariemont over Taylor. I don’t see DP Elite or Wyoming losing again so its looking like the DP Elite - Wyoming game on January 31 will determine if Wyoming has to share the title with DPE.

DP Elite? We definitely know that Indian Hill isn't elite

all 5 starters from Taylor were in double digits vs New Miami

Koehne 15
Austing 15
Gonzalez 10
swiegard 11
hilvert 10

Kearns off the bench with 10

6 guys in DD is prety big! I would say Taylor is the surprise in the CHL the 1st half of the season!

Koehne 15
Austing 15
Gonzalez 10
swiegard 11
hilvert 10

6 guys in DD is prety big! I would say Taylor is the surprise in the CHL the 1st half of the season!
Man you have a huge man crush on Taylor for some reason

Koehne 15
Austing 15
Gonzalez 10
swiegard 11
hilvert 10

Can they win tomorrow is the question?

Man you have a huge man crush on Taylor for some reason

Can they win tomorrow is the question?
Well im a 03' grad of taylor both my kids are students in the district so yes i follow all of their sports programs. And ive known coach Holland since before his west hi days.

No idea how tomorrows game vs DP will go but i know they will go give em hell.

Well im a 03' grad of taylor both my kids are students in the district so yes i follow all of their sports programs. And ive known coach Holland since before his west hi days.

No idea how tomorrows game vs DP will go but i know they will go give em hell.
Atleast your honest..

what was the score last time the two teams played...

93 red is is a fan. That is what this message board is about. He is excited to see his community school do well. They are a exciting group to watch as they are so small and just find ways. Good for Taylor. This is with 2 starters still hurt. Their schedule has been tough the past couple of weeks and doesn’t get easier. It will be hard for them to win many more

BTW- I met Coach Holland at Restaurant last year and he is a great man. Easy to root for someone like him.

Atleast your honest..

what was the score last time the two teams played...

67-50
but they were only down 4 at half

they were only down 4 at the half.....Taylor doesnt have the athletes to go up and down the floor with kids like that
I hope tonights a different outcome. i know holland will have them boys ready and the swarm will be CRAZY!!!