CHL 2019-2020

I tell Coach Holland he is doing a great job the few times a year I see him...past few years those kids competed hard and bought in on offense and defense. Now some good athletes are coming through the program and they are on the rise...nicest facilities in the CHL (although I haven't been to the new Reading school). I think Madeira is the toughest place to win when that little shoebox gym is full and rocking but Taylor is close with the student section at one end. So far I have seen Mariemont, Deer Park, Finneytown and Madeira. I still think Wyoming and DP battle it out but there appears to be a lot of parity after those 2. Should be some great league games this year!

I tell Coach Holland he is doing a great job the few times a year I see him...past few years those kids competed hard and bought in on offense and defense. Now some good athletes are coming through the program and they are on the rise...nicest facilities in the CHL (although I haven't been to the new Reading school). I think Madeira is the toughest place to win when that little shoebox gym is full and rocking but Taylor is close with the student section at one end. So far I have seen Mariemont, Deer Park, Finneytown and Madeira. I still think Wyoming and DP battle it out but there appears to be a lot of parity after those 2. Should be some great league games this year!
The swarm is ine of the coolest student sections in the city. Not many "small schools" have seating under their baskets.

The announcer for taylor who is our school board president posted on twitter friday night that the mariemont game friday was the hardest game he ever had to announce b/c he couldnt hear the refs or the score book keepers at the table!

Nice start for Taylor, we'll find out more after the DP game.
Yea, I wouldn’t call wins over Batavia(1-2), Talawanda(0-1), and Mariemont(1-2) program changing wins. I hope I’m wrong but Deer Park Elite will beat them by 20+.

Last edited:
Finally, get to see Wyoming in action tonight....3 good league games will tell more of the story....Anybody headed to a league game this evening?

Yea, I wouldn’t call wins over Batavia(1-2), Talawanda(0-1), and Mariemont(1-2) program changing wins. I hope I’m wrong but Deer Park Elite will beat them by 20+.
"program changing wins"? Which hole did you pull that from?

Last edited:
I will be at IH...hopefully someone gets to the Wyoming game to give us the report ?

Wow! Not sure if IH is that good or Madeira is that bad? Down 20 Madeira was stalling? I think Madeira took about 10-12 shots in tbe first half and scored 10 points...Like watching a 3rd grade rec game...IH had about 12 3’s...spaced the floor...they looked like a modern team...Madeira looked like a team from 1950...this league is all about DP, IH and Wyoming...I heard Praeter was in a boot?

Taylor is a WAY better team than anyone thinks.....it was a 7 pt game going into the 4th

Wyoming beat MM last night. It was a close game but Prater didn't play and the team has a lot of football players on it that just started practicing last week. Per Wyoming's AD's tweet, Wyoming's new head coach was literally positioning 3-4 kids on every offensive set. It's going to take them a while to get synched up, but there is a LOT of talent on that roster.

Wyoming beat MM last night. It was a close game but Prater didn't play and the team has a lot of football players on it that just started practicing last week. Per Wyoming's AD's tweet, Wyoming's new head coach was literally positioning 3-4 kids on every offensive set. It's going to take them a while to get synched up, but there is a LOT of talent on that roster.
Mariemont couldn't hit from 3 but played the rusty Wyoming team well. A few Garbage time buckets for Wyo but it was a close game overall.

Surprise upset pick this weekend. Merriment had a rough start to CHL play with two close losses. I think they come out on top against a feisty Brave team in front of raucous home crowd.
Mariemont 64 - Indian Hill 57
Glassmeyer 6pt 5 reb 2 ast

!!!FANTASY ALERT!!!
Lock your line ups before Friday night with a lock of 20+ points 5 assist and a solid 10 boards from Jack "mini" Fischer.
However, I agree with CHLFAN69 in that Mariemont will come out with some solid D and will do a great job protecting the paint.

Correct. Rockwell is the head coach. Wainscott has just been a varsity assistant for many years at Madeira now.