CHL 2019-2020

Lol...literally! The poor writing, vocabulary and grammar..the circular logic ?...I love a “Parker Brothers” diploma. Everyone who has any knowledge of this situation knows how the funding is magically appearing ?. I only wish I had sent my boys to Deer Park for the amazing education! Apparently, I have terribly misjudged the current state of affairs. I am typing slowly (adverb) so you notice the correct usage of grammar. I know it is hard to comprehend that this is not the CMAC. We are residents of these districts. Some of us are multi-generational ( not myself but my wife’s family)...I pause so you can consult your well worn copy of Websters. Most of us will root for all the CHL teams to win a state title . We are proud of both our teams and our league. We know the boys having competed from middle school on up to high school. There are folks that genuinely move into our districts from elsewhere guided by employment or family and we welcome them. For the last four years we have been overrun by carpet baggers ( consult any reasonable historical text for relevance). As a league we don’t care WHO wins the various titles, only, how they are won. We don’t care for the disingenuous.If your particular team has done poorly then put together a better program at the youth level. The simple fact that a program has been non competitive is no basis for wide scale fraud. Checkmate my unworthy oppenent...NO SOUP FOR YOU...NEXT.

Deer Park whoopings? They lost to a 6-8 (league record) Madeira team last year..Mr. or Ms.Quiote, you have begun “tilting at windmills”...consult the appropriate text...My goodness this is fun!

Being someone with no horse in the race I have a quick question. If so many people have proof or 100% know that a coach, AD, and school district has violated many, many OHSAA rules, why have they not been reported? It just seems that if this has been going on for 4 seasons now someone somewhere has to have proof that the OHSAA would love to get, or is the thought that the OHSAA doesn't care or wont do anything. After doing some research on the CHL it looks like Deer Park has the lowest cost of living and lowest average income out of the CHL schools, do any of you think that plays a reason as to why they are moving to DP vs IH?

After doing some research on the CHL it looks like Deer Park has the lowest cost of living and lowest average income out of the CHL schools, do any of you think that plays a reason as to why they are moving to DP vs IH?

Deer Park's socioeconomic situation didn't suddenly change four years ago. The question isn't why these kids are transferring (the "moving" part's a bit controversial in some cases and you can check past seasons' CHL threads for details) to DP and not IH, it's why they suddenly started transferring in large numbers when Gentry arrived.

Being someone with no horse in the race I have a quick question. If so many people have proof or 100% know that a coach, AD, and school district has violated many, many OHSAA rules, why have they not been reported? It just seems that if this has been going on for 4 seasons now someone somewhere has to have proof that the OHSAA would love to get, or is the thought that the OHSAA doesn't care or wont do anything. After doing some research on the CHL it looks like Deer Park has the lowest cost of living and lowest average income out of the CHL schools, do any of you think that plays a reason as to why they are moving to DP vs IH?

My understanding is that they have been reported by AD's, refs, parents etc. The OHSAA has to have some concrete evidence or smoking gun, if not, there is nothing that they can do. The OHSAA does not have the resources to investigate anything. Therefor unless and email, text, video etc lands in their lap there is nothing that they can do. Unfortunately it is an honors system that is left up to the AD's and administrators of each district and well, if they have no honor, then nothing will happen.
You would have to be ignorant to look at all the results and not suspect that there were some conversations between Gentry and all these kids that suddenly "moved" into the district. The bigger concern to me is that some never really moved into the district and/or were declared homeless so that they could live there with others and not actually move there with their families. Do you really think that the OHSAA is going to fight a kid on a homeless claim? That is a blatant manipulation of the rules, all for a few wins in small school basketball. If Gentry is going to do this you'd think that at least he'd have the balls to do this at a D1 school so his AAU teams could face better competition.

My understanding is that they have been reported by AD's, refs, parents etc. The OHSAA has to have some concrete evidence or smoking gun, if not, there is nothing that they can do. The OHSAA does not have the resources to investigate anything. Therefor unless and email, text, video etc lands in their lap there is nothing that they can do. Unfortunately it is an honors system that is left up to the AD's and administrators of each district and well, if they have no honor, then nothing will happen.
You would have to be ignorant to look at all the results and not suspect that there were some conversations between Gentry and all these kids that suddenly "moved" into the district. The bigger concern to me is that some never really moved into the district and/or were declared homeless so that they could live there with others and not actually move there with their families. Do you really think that the OHSAA is going to fight a kid on a homeless claim? That is a blatant manipulation of the rules, all for a few wins in small school basketball. If Gentry is going to do this you'd think that at least he'd have the balls to do this at a D1 school so his AAU teams could face better competition.
So other AD's have put their reputation on the line to report another school for cheating with out having concrete evidence. To me if an AD goes to the OHSAA they better have concrete evidence. Would be just like the boy who cried wolf. If multiple AD's have said something you really think the OHSAA would just turn a blind eye, I have a hard time believe OHSAA would not investigate a school with multiple reports of cheating let alone one that went undefeated and won a state title.

So other AD's have put their reputation on the line to report another school for cheating with out having concrete evidence. To me if an AD goes to the OHSAA they better have concrete evidence. Would be just like the boy who cried wolf. If multiple AD's have said something you really think the OHSAA would just turn a blind eye, I have a hard time believe OHSAA would not investigate a school with multiple reports of cheating let alone one that went undefeated and won a state title.

2 years ago, one of the players was interviewed on Ch. 9 and said pointblank he came to DP to play for coach Gentry. That alone is a violation of OHSAA rules. In the same interview Coach Gentry said people were hating on his program not beciase they were breaking the rules, but because the kids were black.

2 years ago, one of the players was interviewed on Ch. 9 and said pointblank he came to DP to play for coach Gentry. That alone is a violation of OHSAA rules. In the same interview Coach Gentry said people were hating on his program not beciase they were breaking the rules, but because the kids were black.
So what if a kid went on TV and said I want to go to Moeller to play for coach ??? and win a state title, is that allowed b/c Moller is private or can a student athlete and their family not make a decision based on athletics when moving in to an area, or are they allowed to make the decision based on athletics but not talk about it even if that is the case?

So what if a kid went on TV and said I want to go to Moeller to play for coach ??? and win a state title, is that allowed b/c Moller is private or can a student athlete and their family not make a decision based on athletics when moving in to an area, or are they allowed to make the decision based on athletics but not talk about it even if that is the case?
Have you ever seen the transfer rules? If so you wouldn’t ask this question. It has zippity do dah to do with what school it is.

Been mentioned on here that a kid transferred from Moeller to Wyoming. More info (name/class) please if anyone has it.

Been mentioned on here that a kid transferred from Moeller to Wyoming. More info (name/class) please if anyone has it.
I'm pretty sure he's a Jr. guard. Not sure how good he is but if he's a good PG that can help offset the loss of Edmunds (I highly doubt that level of production can be replaced) then Wyoming might be really good with a trio of Prater, Walker and this kid.

Rumor: OHSAA has ruled that Mark Wise can play the first 11 games then must sit out last 11 plus state tournament. That is the actual rule as applicable. No hard evidence on this...yet.

I'm pretty sure he's a Jr. guard. Not sure how good he is but if he's a good PG that can help offset the loss of Edmunds (I highly doubt that level of production can be replaced) then Wyoming might be really good with a trio of Prater, Walker and this kid.
The kid that transferred from Moeller is from wyoming from what I'm told. If that is the case the state allows you one transfer back to home district from private school and be eligible to play without missing games

With Wise, my guess is that he never would have transferred back unless he knew for sure that he wouldn't have to sit out any games - especially the playoffs. .

The mark wise saga is absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately its a story of a bunch of adults that make bad decisions for kids. Shocker right. I want everyone to understand this isn't a shot at Mark, the young man is a outstanding player, who's with passion and skill. He plays the game the right way. Now. Its all about address's and who's name is on those address's and who is checking those address's. The AD in question it is a known fact that he is either lazy on purpose or just over looks things. The year DP won state it is a known fact now that there were several guys living in a house owned by a well off DP resident that was rented by a family or families. One of those guys graduated, the other one (wise) still lived there with that family because The one who graduated had a sister that was still attending DP. That family over the summer moved out of DP and into cps district and the sister now attends a different school hence why Wise ended up at Taft and the story about not living in Dp anymore. Right after that story released DP changed their rule about seniors not having to live in district to attend the school if they had already been going there. Problem is that's not a OHSAA rule. But since its a school rule the AD wouldn't have to self report. Now if he is eligible to play the entire season my guess is he found someone to live with in DP or maybe his parents finally moved there? I understand completely Mark wanting to finish at DP and he should, hes been the only one there since his entire high school career, its just a shame it takes all that. Just go open enrollment. This year you have Munson from bacon, kid from taylor, kid from springfield, its a clear violation on the reason they are attending DP. Thing is its impossible to govern it all. After this season the Gentry era at DP will be over and next year it will be someone else. Be a interesting district this year with DP and Taft in D3. Thats for sure

The kid that transferred from Moeller is from wyoming from what I'm told. If that is the case the state allows you one transfer back to home district from private school and be eligible to play without missing games
Thanks! Just wondering if it was kid originally from Wyoming that went to Moeller and was "enlightened" that he wouldn't play much over there and decided to come back to where he could have a chance to play more. Would be interested to know if the kid went to Wyoming schools up until high school but decided to give Moeller a try. I know there are several kids from Wyoming that go to Moeller and St. X. I suppose there are many reason to transfer back into your home district. Tough to play at Big Moe unless you are very good. Lots of kids that play one sport at Moeller could probably be great multi-sport athletes in the CHL.

Deer Park was scheduled to play in the Cincinnati Preview at Woodward on Saturday night. Does anyone know if they played (I think they were scheduled to play Western Hills)? And if they did play, how did they do and did Wise play?

275 Hoops posted highlights from the DP-WH scrimmage but the clips only showed highlights of a standout player on West High.

I did read that Finneytown beat Oyler by 6 points.

I was at the preview game. I left with about 2 mins to go and West High was up somewhere around 12-15 points.

DP was playing without Mark Wise who was on the sideline in a boot.

They started Steve Gentry Jr, Deshaun McEntire, Anni Elliott (Springfield transfer), Tre Munson (Roger Bacon transfer) and the Taylor transfer (sorry his name alludes me right now).

I was at the preview game. I left with about 2 mins to go and West High was up somewhere around 12-15 points.

DP was playing without Mark Wise who was on the sideline in a boot.

They started Steve Gentry Jr, Deshaun McEntire, Anni Elliott (Springfield transfer), Tre Munson (Roger Bacon transfer) and the Taylor transfer (sorry his name alludes me right now).
You should actually include Steve Gentry Jr (Purcell) and Deshaun McEntire's original school as well - not sure what school he transferred from? I think that I read that he kid from Springfield was pretty big (6'5"?), does he play as a low post guy or is he pretty versatile all over the court?

With all CHL teams starting this week (besides Wyoming) I thought I'd take a stab at the CHL power rankings:

1- Wyoming - Loaded with talent and better coached than DP but will fight them for top spot
2 - Deer Park Elite - Tons of talent. Will likely take a little while to gel together but should battle Wyoming for top spot
3 - Indian Hill - Most years this team is good enough to win CHL
4 - Finneytown - Not usually this high but they have key players returning and rest of league looks very average
5 - Mariemont - Good nucleus of young players should improve as season goes but loss of big man will hurt
6 - Taylor - Should be the top of the bottom feeders but cant see them much higher
7 - Madeira - Lost leading scorers and cant see them making any noise this year
8 - Reading - Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see them doing much

Where am I wrong?

Last edited:
The mark wise saga is absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately its a story of a bunch of adults that make bad decisions for kids. Shocker right. I want everyone to understand this isn't a shot at Mark, the young man is a outstanding player, who's with passion and skill. He plays the game the right way. Now. Its all about address's and who's name is on those address's and who is checking those address's. The AD in question it is a known fact that he is either lazy on purpose or just over looks things. The year DP won state it is a known fact now that there were several guys living in a house owned by a well off DP resident that was rented by a family or families. One of those guys graduated, the other one (wise) still lived there with that family because The one who graduated had a sister that was still attending DP. That family over the summer moved out of DP and into cps district and the sister now attends a different school hence why Wise ended up at Taft and the story about not living in Dp anymore. Right after that story released DP changed their rule about seniors not having to live in district to attend the school if they had already been going there. Problem is that's not a OHSAA rule. But since its a school rule the AD wouldn't have to self report. Now if he is eligible to play the entire season my guess is he found someone to live with in DP or maybe his parents finally moved there? I understand completely Mark wanting to finish at DP and he should, hes been the only one there since his entire high school career, its just a shame it takes all that. Just go open enrollment. This year you have Munson from bacon, kid from taylor, kid from springfield, its a clear violation on the reason they are attending DP. Thing is its impossible to govern it all. After this season the Gentry era at DP will be over and next year it will be someone else. Be a interesting district this year with DP and Taft in D3. Thats for sure
Still on last year? No the house that was rented is not owed by a well off DP resident, just a ordinary landlord, where do you come up with this bull?

For Wyoming outside of the two very good players in Prater and Walker, who else do they have that will help them finish 1st or maybe second in the CHL or are those two enough.

How is CPS treating you Chica? I guess the wonderful DP academics weren’t enough to make you stay?

Attachments

• F243D5B8-6C14-4AF2-AA4E-D86EC2640AF8.jpeg
    F243D5B8-6C14-4AF2-AA4E-D86EC2640AF8.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 8