Central Ohio Job Openings - DAVIDSON now open

Big Nut & HT filled. Davidson just closed the applications. Assuming they will start interviews soon. Big question is does Davidson stay inside or go out. Names of guys who could get a big pay raise... Burchfield (Hartley) or Wiggins (DeSales) going from Private to public. Small school guys: Bloom Carrol Coach, London Coach, Mechanicsburg Coach, Teays Valley Coach, Jonathan Alder Coach

You can eliminate the Jonathan Alder coach from this list, 200%

Interested on who takes the Groveport job. My guess is Haffele from Marion franklin. Now at Pickerington Central

Read the account in the local paper and as usual he cites family reasons. Not saying this doesn't play into these types of decisions mind you. I will say that it is used and sometimes the coach gets another job before too long . Schoony " says he is taking at least a year away from the sidelines .

Davidson likely just stays with an inhouse guy. Some Davidson faithful I know probably want a new start and not go with this system into another decade or two but it is very unique and I don't think most people look long term in these type of situations and just want things to stay the same in the short term. I mean UA changed dramatically with their hire going from a multiple balanced offense to run only { Pass less than 6-7 times a game and sometimes not at all is my description of that} . I don't expect Davidson to get a guy who has run a more modern offense . Schoony was a big run guy with GPM , so I took a pause after he stepped down but the applications were closed and Schoony said he's taking a year off .

I have been told that one possible reason White stepped down this year was because the overall talent pool is drying up at Davidson.
I was also told that many are hoping for a new offensive scheme. I did not get the impression that they want to start airing it out but try tone more balanced and have a system that can utilize WR and TE to open up the run game. This was only one person that I spoke with so I have no ideal if it is true or not.
I personally hope they change their offense.

I have been told that one possible reason White stepped down this year was because the overall talent pool is drying up at Davidson.
I was also told that many are hoping for a new offensive scheme. I did not get the impression that they want to start airing it out but try tone more balanced and have a system that can utilize WR and TE to open up the run game. This was only one person that I spoke with so I have no ideal if it is true or not.
I personally hope they change their offense.
Heard similar. Also heard over the weekend there is mutual interest between Davidson and another head coach in the area that has been pretty successful over the past 3-4 seasons.

Gecewich isn’t leaving Jerome for Davidson . I would be very surprised . London guy? That is much more of a step up than Jerome to Davidson would be at this moment which is more lateral and Jerome probably has more talent in the younger classes as well .

Completely agree about the Jerome coach not going to Davidson. Assuming he also teaches at Jerome, it financially would make no sense to leave Jerome for Davidson.

Regarding coach Cutler at London (a Jonathan Alder grad and brother of the Coach Cutler at Ready & formerly UA) he’s done great things in building the Red Raiders program up and they are looking good for the next few seasons as well. A former West Jefferson assistant coach, I think Cutler’s toughness and run base offense would transition well to Davidson. Yes, coach White’s offense could be boring, predictable and maybe it cost a kid or two a scholarship opportunity over the years but it did provide approximately 150+ players to say they are & always will be state champs. However, change is inevitable. Perhaps throwing the ball around a bit more (which I believe Cutler would do) will help get a few more kids out, that can only help Davidson.

Gecewich isn’t leaving Jerome for Davidson . I would be very surprised . London guy? That is much more of a step up than Jerome to Davidson would be at this moment which is more lateral and Jerome probably has more talent in the younger classes as well .
Gecewich was the name I heard. Maybe he's just kicking the tires. I'd consider the move lateral at best so it doesn't make much sense to me either unless there are other variables that we don't know about.

If they got Gecewich the Davidson run only option style would be finished . Not saying those who are left are as adamant as White was to not pass unless absolutely necessary , but Gecewich would not be advocating that system . Davidson would be smart to hire a guy like that and change the system if they wanted to do that , but with the solid athletic classes coming up for Jerome it’s unlikely he would leave after putting in the time to build the culture there

Gecewich was the name I heard. Maybe he's just kicking the tires. I'd consider the move lateral at best so it doesn't make much sense to me either unless there are other variables that we don't know about.

He looked around last year and was offered the Versailles job, only to turn it down. I would say other variables have played a part in his tenure there.

I will agree he probably sees that he has likely reached a ceiling at Jerome . He’s made the playoffs and won games in the first round . Is there a higher ceiling ? He was at Marion local a school that is a champion or bust program . He is also may be a more blue collar guy at heart ( Euclid? ) and prefers a more rural smaller town lifestyle fir his family after being in that environment pre Jerome ?

Jerome has a bit of an elitist vibe to it . No one can say it doesn’t . May be he wants something different in a smaller school setting where he thinks he can win more playoff games or compete for titles? Most D-1 public schools aren’t really realistically competing for titles and his “ homegrown “ drumbeat and his taking shots at some D- 1 heavyweights for having some transfers coming in might be a reason he wants to not stay in his situation . ?

Big Nut & HT filled. Davidson just closed the applications. Assuming they will start interviews soon. Big question is does Davidson stay inside or go out. Names of guys who could get a big pay raise... Burchfield (Hartley) or Wiggins (DeSales) going from Private to public. Small school guys: Bloom Carrol Coach, London Coach, Mechanicsburg Coach, Teays Valley Coach, Jonathan Alder Coach
Davidson's will go outside....small school

I know Davidson is not the Davidson of old but it's still a storied program, with a tremendous tradition, in a football town! In my opinion this is a marque job and I hope the Admin treats it as such.

I see Groveport and Grove City officially posted at the end of last week. Thoughts on potential candidates or good fits?

Think it's pretty strange Grove City posted the job 1-10 and only taking applications until 1-16.

Heard a rumor that they have an in-house candidate already in mind. Have no idea who that is.
[/QUOTE Wouldnt be surprised if internal. GC has a cult like program full of terrible GC alumni. The HC doesnt even run the football team. Best thing for GC is to get rid of football. They will not be competititve until they remove the AD, alum coaches, and start over with a quality external HC and an AD who's focus is to rebuild the program.

Just a sad state of affairs at Grove City. In the 1990's they were probably the best Central Ohio D1 school and one of the better one's in the whole state. Now Grove City isn't even the best school in the Southwestern School District; I would say Grove City Central Crossing wins that distinction by default because of GC, Westland and Franklin Heights dysfunction and poor performance over the years. Something is wrong at the top at Grove City and has been for quite some time. Grove City will not get a quality coach like London's Coach Cutler as long as things remain the same in the Grove City hierarchy. It kind of reminds me of what's going on up in Cleveland with the Browns. It's too bad, Grove City was a great place to watch a game and I loved the toughness they played with but those days are 20 years ago.

I see Groveport and Grove City officially posted at the end of last week. Thoughts on potential candidates or good fits?

Think it's pretty strange Grove City posted the job 1-10 and only taking applications until 1-16.
There’s a coach who was on Coach Schoonover’s staff that has had some good success lately as a head coach. Not sure if he’s interested or would be a candidate, but could be a good fit.