Central Ohio Cross Country Invitational

SLS

Possibly a short course? Only two of the top 25 runners in the Boys' Varsity 1 race did not PR. In the Boys Varsity 2 race only 7 of the top 25 did not PR. I know that the weather was nice yesterday,and the footing was good, but I doubt most of those runners match those times again this season.

5x26

Daughters watch came in at 3.12 when she walked it. Flat course, short grass, some concrete and great temps.

SLS

I guess we'll see as the season goes on. I think that a wheel properly used is more accurate than a GPS watch.

Running Man 101

I guess we'll see as the season goes on. I think that a wheel properly used is more accurate than a GPS watch.
Yes, it generally is more accurate. The GPS watches have minimum movement changes and typically are long on courses that involve many switchbacks. If it is long and straight with few sharp turns, they are usually pretty close.

We have two one mile loops our kids run in practice. I have my kids measure these very accurate mile courses we run. One loop has quick switchbacks and side to side motion and the other one is long and straight with not many turns. We get up to 5% variation on the side-to-side one and 2% on the long straight one. I get a total of 8 feet variation with a wheel.

mathking

This weekend doesn’t really add much clarity. The times for the Celtic clash were so fast relative to other courses that it’s hard to compare. Certainly you can’t directly compare them with Lancaster.