Central OH Dual Results

BradSyfers

Normally we have a thread to serve as a results hub of sorts, didn't see one so I figured Id get it started.

We hosted East Side Duals last night, once I get my hands on the score sheets I'll add individual matches.

We had a few girls matches as well, with Savannah Holderby (Reyn) Pinning Emma Watkins (WMHS). Gia Weaver (Reyn) Pinning Meagan Justice (WMHS), then Justice beating Summer Batts (Reyn) by Dec.

Duals (Again, individual results to come, but nothing huge that I noticed)

R1
Watkins 50 - Licking Heights 25
Reynoldsburg 45 - New Albany 30

R2
Watkins 45 - Reynoldsburg 27
Licking Heights 44 - New Albany 30

Our Twitter is @WatkinsWrestle - We try our best to post at least final results of all of our events. Give us a follow if you've not already.

Last edited:

Thank you for starting this. We normally have a running record of duals through the year on this site.
I don't know if I could kick a dead horse any more, but the wrestling coverage in Central Ohio is TERRIBLE.
The only thing we can really count on is Insidethe360.

I agree, but unfortunately it is only going to get worse. I just heard from a reliable source that This Week News will no longer be covering high school sports after Jan 10. That is pretty sad, it was the only coverage most area high schools received and I thought they did a great job!

Thank you for starting this. We normally have a running record of duals through the year on this site.
I don't know if I could kick a dead horse any more, but the wrestling coverage in Central Ohio is TERRIBLE.

No problem - like you said, mainly just wanted everyone to have a (somewhat) one stop shop for Dual results in the area.
Yeah, it could certainly improve in terms of coverage.

A lot of schools are very active on twitter, but as good/convenient as that is, it can be a bit of a pain searching through it all looking for results. The ITC fellas can only do so much as well.

Suggestion...Someone on the central district coaches board create a google form for teams to report dual results? They are super easy to use and all the info dumps into one spreadsheet. Someone can then post them here or another site.

Home team reports...Team score reporting would literally take seconds. Individual results a little longer. Each team could appoint a stat to report it after the event.

Suggestion...Someone on the central district coaches board create a google form for teams to report dual results? They are super easy to use and all the info dumps into one spreadsheet. Someone can then post them here or another site.

Home team reports...Team score reporting would literally take seconds. Individual results a little longer. Each team could appoint a stat to report it after the event.
This has been suggested countless times (by me & others). But the basic fact is, the coaches still have to send the info. Whether they send it to the file you suggest, ITC, the Dispatch, or anyone else - the end result is someone sending it somewhere. And that is the broken piece. And I have no clue how to fix it.

How does football, basketball, and baseball/softball pull it off? Maybe we need to get ADs on board to put the same pressure to report on the wrestling coaches that they do on the other sports?

Licking Heights 2x4 with LH, Hilliard Davidson, Groveport, & Marion Franklin

Licking Heights 45, Marion Franklin 36
106: Cote (LH) WBFF
113: Merriman (LH)
120: Storts (LH) WBF Seagle (MF) 1:01
126: Cahill (LH) dec. Jackson (MF) 2-0
132: Ellison (LH) WBF O’Neal (MF) 2:31
138: Zearly (LH) WBF Reed (MF) 1:02
144: Billingsley (MF) WBF Doran-Murphy (LH) 1:34
150: Beal (MF) WBFF
157: Billingsly (MF) WBFF
165: Alamanov (LH) WBFF
175: Rosebrough (LH) WBF Ali (MF) 3:55
190: Childs (MF) WBF Stephens (LH) :56
215: Hairston (MF) WBF Beyer (LH) 1:38
285: Jones (MF) WBF Kirby (LH) 2:49

Hilliard Davidson 53, Licking Heights 21
106: Cote (LH) WBF Maribaugh (HDav) 2:11
113: Merriman (LH) WBF Ayoub (HDav) 1:18
120: Storts (LH) WBF Awadh (HDav) 2:57
126: Cahill (LH) dec. Bishoff (HDav) 3-1
132: Moore (HDav) WBF Ellison (LH) 2:25
138: Maribaugh (HDav) WBF Zearly (LH) 3:16
144: Baur (HDav) WBF Doran-Murphy (LH) :44
150: Sowers (HDav) WBFF
157: Double FF
165: Kirtland (HDav) TF Sexton (LH) 20-3
175: Henderson (HDav) WBF Rosebrough (LH) 3:10
190: W. Lawrence (HDav) WBF Stephens (LH) 1:02
215: R. Lawrence (HDav) WBF Beyer (LH) :33
285: Sparkman (HDav) WBF Kirby (LH) 1:02

The wrestling coverage in just about every area in Ohio leaves a lot to be desired.

Springboro tops Olentangy Liberty 48-16. Panthers take match score 11-3.

Pins provided by:
Ryan Wissmar 138
Kyler Rackett 157
Jack Hoffman 165

Additional wins by:

Caitlyn Graham 106,
Evan Boulton 126
Evan Hemmeter 144
Conner Kleinberg 150
Matt Kowalski 175
Aidan Weimer 190
Myles Johnson 215
Bubba Thornton 285

Russo sat this one out

Springboro tops Olentangy Liberty 48-16. Panthers take match score 11-3.

Pins provided by:
Ryan Wissmar 138
Kyler Rackett 157
Jack Hoffman 165

Additional wins by:

Caitlyn Graham 106,
Evan Boulton 126
Evan Hemmeter 144
Conner Kleinberg 150
Matt Kowalski 175
Aidan Weimer 190
Myles Johnson 215
Bubba Thornton 285

Russo sat this one out
Russo and Fitzpatrick sat this one out. Still, a lopsided result.

For Liberty, Williams pin over Frantz. Rosselli pin. Archibald with a major. Everything else went Springboro's way. Congrats to them - dominating win.

No way?

Did Liberty end up scoring more points then any central district team at Ironman like their little asst coach and the other twitter legend asst coach said they would? Asking for a friend.
Troll-hero.png

Grove City defeated Central Crossing 36-25 in front of an electric crowd Wednesday night. Great atmosphere for wrestling!

Attachments

• 95370B6A-0A8D-40B5-86C5-59193DA39982.png
    95370B6A-0A8D-40B5-86C5-59193DA39982.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 52
Russo and Fitzpatrick sat this one out. Still, a lopsided result.

For Liberty, Williams pin over Frantz. Rosselli pin. Archibald with a major. Everything else went Springboro's way. Congrats to them - dominating win.
Think Liberty wrestled most of the team up a weight and forfeited 106 in addition to the sit outs.

Forfeited 106 and 175
Liberty is always well coached and they will win a lot of duals.

i will say that credit belongs to Springboro. This is a team that is quite literally a 1-0 loss away from also defeating Graham this season.
The Boro program is massive, 56 kids in JH, looked like they had another 30-40 at the high school level. Last years team had no seniors so this lineup has 600+ wins going into every dual. That’s a lot of experience that can’t be duplicated unless you’re wrestling every season or you have absolute hammers in your lineup. Credit to Boro, they have been well coached for years and were the better team even with the forfeits.

Last edited: