Central Catholic League thoughts for 2022?

Dell 112

Lets get some talk and predictions for the central catholic league.

Can Desales and Watterson beat Hartley? Will St. Charles be improved?

Hartley has lost so much enrollment and so much in CB numbers it’s hard to imagine them being able to compete with D2 giants like DeSales and St Chucks and D3 powers like Watty. Too bad they don’t have a similar D4 opponent like Ready on the schedule anymore

Hartley has lost so much enrollment and so much in CB numbers it’s hard to imagine them being able to compete with D2 giants like DeSales and St Chucks and D3 powers like Watty. Too bad they don’t have a similar D4 opponent like Ready on the schedule anymore
Why do Hartley and ready not play if they are in the same division?

Last edited:
Why do Hartley and ready not play if they are in the same division?
Because Hartley and Ready are in the same division the same way that the Yankees and Columbus Clippers are both professional baseball teams. Hartley has manipulated male enrollment and what tier each player on their roster is while Ready simply takes any student they can get to remain a healthy and viable community. No way their male enrollment and CB # has naturally plummeted like it has while female enrollment is similar. But listen to them and they’re home grown……even though their one diocese feeder school team (Pius) is nothing like the roster that enrolls when it’s time for high school. Now to football talk…..I think Hartley takes the CCL and has a deep run back in the division they won state championships in previously

I'm pretty sure that Hartley and Coach Burchfield will be just fine. Kind of looking forward to the week one match-up vs Big Nut. I'm hearing Big Nut is loaded with D1 talent. But besides that game, the Hawks should be the class of the CCL. just my 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure that Hartley and Coach Burchfield will be just fine. Kind of looking forward to the week one match-up vs Big Nut. I'm hearing Big Nut is loaded with D1 talent. But besides that game, the Hawks should be the class of the CCL. just my 2 cents.
It didn't help them much in the playoffs last year as their weak schedule got exposed big time. I'll take the Hawks by 16.

It didn't help them much in the playoffs last year as their weak schedule got exposed big time. I'll take the Hawks by 16.
I will stick up for them a little here. Their main non league weak spots were Norwalk, Centennial, and SVSM. Hard to predict SVSM would be that bad and the other 2 may have been scheduled with the idea that someone is better than a bye. Scheduling those weeks when you don’t have a large league can be brutal

i expect DeSales to be a very good team this year however their schedule is the most challenging in the CCL. They have a lot of talent coming up in the younger classes that should set them up for years to come. Watterson has a VERY manageable schedule that should allow them to build their program back to where they want it. St Chuck’s……no idea!

Chuck’s schedule has a max of four wins on it, at best. Logan = automatic W; Lutheran East = likely W on the basis of them not being fundamentally sound; Beechcroft = not the Croft of old?; Northland = ???

All other games are likely L’s.

i expect DeSales to be a very good team this year however their schedule is the most challenging in the CCL. They have a lot of talent coming up in the younger classes that should set them up for years to come. Watterson has a VERY manageable schedule that should allow them to build their program back to where they want it. St Chuck’s……no idea!

Desales looked solid last week at 7 on 7's, yea on 7 on 7's but the qb was athletic and the defense looked very sound.

Sad to see the CCL thread have less activity in recent years compared to the days of the Huddle.

The Huddle days weren’t always perfect (it wasn’t necessary to have MikeHawk69SFD and BigBus2Taasty420, and their friends, crapping up the threads) but even in the most ‘average’ of times you had quality contributions from all five fanbases (yes, even Chucks — mcph07 and a couple others.) Hartley had a good group of posters to offset the regular core of sh-tbrick posters (not trolls) in the talons; Ready had a great group of guys, including ReadyKnightsFan; Watty and DeSales had some O.G.’s who are still here today.

I get that forums are a dying tradition, but it’s hard to see a proud league have less abs less support on here. Did the “reunification” indirectly contribute to the demise of the tradition, since cornerstone games like Watty-DeSales and Hartley-Ready became insignificant to the league crown(s)? Or are there other factors?

Bad look to see fans talk down their team’s obvious talent level, especially here.

Is it that hard to say “thanks for the compliment” and move on?

A question that I think needs to be asked is when does Watterson finally win the league with the talent they have. Many are quick to act like the coaches don’t have much to work with but year in and year out their feeder schools are the best teams amongst the Columbus Catholics. When does that success translate to Friday night?

A question that I think needs to be asked is when does Watterson finally win the league with the talent they have. Many are quick to act like the coaches don’t have much to work with but year in and year out their feeder schools are the best teams amongst the Columbus Catholics. When does that success translate to Friday night?
I think this year will be really solid. Tons of returning starters with experience. An experienced QB, D1 left tackle. A lot of young talent. The junior class has nearly 40 kids and the sophomore class has a few kids who will play significant roles on varsity team right away (WR, LB, etc.). I saw comment about elementary/middle school winning all the time but not translating to HS. Last season, the freshman and JV both swept CCL leagues. Fingers crossed!

I think this year will be really solid. Tons of returning starters with experience. An experienced QB, D1 left tackle. A lot of young talent. The junior class has nearly 40 kids and the sophomore class has a few kids who will play significant roles on varsity team right away (WR, LB, etc.). I saw comment about elementary/middle school winning all the time but not translating to HS. Last season, the freshman and JV both swept CCL leagues. Fingers crossed!

QB Rudzinski?