Central Buckeye Conference 2022

here’s a fun one from a Northwestern perspective only- what would the closest 7 schools be of similar size (the ideal conference)

Greenon- 20 minutes
Graham- 18 minutes
Tecumseh- 16 minutes
Miami East- 23 minutes
Bethel- 21 minutes
Shawnee- 21 minutes
Kenton Ridge- 19 minutes

Average drive time in minutes: 19
One of multiple reasons they'd be far better off IMO in either a geographically split CBC or going to the TRC.

Greenon and Southeastern are the only schools in the OHC South that Northwestern has any history with, outside of maybe Greeneview a bit. it wouldn’t make sense for them at the moment. now, that’s not to say the Mad River division is any better for them.
I know you don’t like to acknowledge Central but they also have a long history with NW. I think the bball series is over 50 years old and soccer both boys and girls also has been going on for years. There have been many seasons were the winners of that game was the best in the county.

And this folks is why I was worried about playing London. The Chiefs history against them kinda reminds me of another red/white team that the Chiefs couldn’t never pull off the W with :rolleyes:

final
London 28 Bellefontaine 14

Last edited:
I know you don’t like to acknowledge Central but they also have a long history with NW. I think the bball series is over 50 years old and soccer both boys and girls also has been going on for years. There have been many seasons were the winners of that game was the best in the county.
when is the last time they have played eachother in football? trust me, i did think about them. i just couldn’t remember when the last time they played was.

And this folks is why I was worried about playing London. The Chiefs history against them kinda reminds me of another red/white team that the Chiefs couldn’t never pull off the W with :rolleyes:

final
London 28 Bellefontaine 14
Fogan left the game early... never returned, London Defense holds Bellefontaine Offense to 1 TD, Blocked FG for TD with 3.5 sec before Halftime was a big momentum swing. Great 2nd Half by London O and D Lines. Good luck to both teams in Playoffs!

when is the last time they have played eachother in football? trust me, i did think about them. i just couldn’t remember when the last time they played was.
They have played in fb it was toward the end of the Steve Dewitt era. Seems like it was may six games. They also had a regular scrimmage scheduled for several years. Regarding anew league I always wanted NW and Bethel in the league. I’d much rather take 20 minutes to Bethel than 45 or more to Triad. The problem with Bethel is they will soon outgrow whatever league they are in.

perhaps the biggest winner of the night were the Benjamin Logan Raiders.

against many odds, they will miss the playoffs, and will avoid a trip to Cleveland Glenville. that would have to be a top 5 mismatch in OHSAA playoff history.

Wow, in just a few short weeks, the Chiefs went from the greatest of all time, to a benefit of OHSAA’s money grab playoff expansion, and now an early exit !
Youve been waiting 8 weeks to post that! Big hater feelin some sorta way about the Chiefs! Losing a close game at London without stud running back. If Fogan is active..Chiefs roll

Last edited:
Youve been waiting 8 weeks to post that! Big hater feelin some sorta way about the Chiefs! Losing a close game at London without stud running back. If Fogan is active..Chiefs roll
Well, that was a little tongue in cheek sarcasm.
And, you are correct, Fogan is a stud & game changer whether he’s in or out of the game.
maybe next time I should use the winkie eye emoji!

Week 11.
Congrats to Bellefontaine and London for Co=Champions in the KT. Congrats to Urbana, MR Champion...who would have predicated that:banana:
Here we are playoff time and 8 of 12 CBC teams made the playoffs. A next week game is no longer guaranteed, so give it your all fellows.

DV R18
North Union at Coldwater - Sorry Wildcats your have run into a MAC buzz saw.

DIV R16
Graham at Urbana - Going out on a limb here and taking the Climbers with a repeat of week 6. I would give the birds a better comment but losing to BL and struggling a bit with the Lake is not the way you want to enter the playoffs.

Roger Bacon at Shawnee - Totally out to lunch here and possibly dinner too. Bacon usually strong but not sure their conference is as strong as it was and are they smoke in mirrors. Taft beat them down in week 1 with Bacon having a total of -70 yards offense...uh, oh, the Senators may be more than we know. Shawnee embarrassed Alder after dropping three in a row, though two were close. I'll stick with the CBC on this one and give it to the Braves in a high scoring contest of 48-41.

DIII R11
Chillicothe at London - The Red Raiders seem to have hit their stride and that can be bad news for the next couple of opponents. Not knowing much about the Cavaliers other than their loss to the Raiders in week 2, I'll again stick with the CBC and pick London by 17.

Bellefontaine at Granville - Common opponent is Licking Heights, advantage Chefs. I like Granville's win over Watkins Memorial while not liking the loss of Bellefontaine to London. If the Chiefs have all their players going into and finishing this game, I'll take them 31-28.

Alder at Tri Valley - Alder's one man show was cancelled last week and that hurts them badly, The Pioneers are going to need more than one player to move on in the playoffs and the Scotties know that. Tri Valley in a run away.

DIII R12
New Richmond at Tecumseh - The Lions appear to be a throw happy team with their QB finishing second to Novak from Western Brown and that could spell trouble for the Arrows. However, the Shawnee Chief has withstood some good conference aerial attacks and pounded their rushing attack down the field to a really good year. I really like the Arrows to take this one and it may be more high scoring than they like but they move on to the second round.

cbcsportsonline.com has the all conference players listed.

KT
OPOY
St. Clair - Bellefontaine
Berner - Tecumseh
I think we all knew St. Clair would be a selection. His value to his team is unmeasurable and he rightfully deserves this selection. I agree with Berner as well, not only was he my pick, but he was the go to guy for Tecumseh. I think you can toss a hat over them for what they contributed. Congrats to both.

DPOY
Johns - London
Caudill - Bellefontaine
Didn't expect Johns to be in the mix but when your team shares the divisional title there are well deserved accolades. Caudill, is a solid pick, though I took Miller but again, conference Champs deserve conference recognition. Congrats to both.

MR
OPOY
Hildebrand - Urbana
Davis - North Union

Didn't expect this Climber being the OPOY as I thought Donahoe would have been the go to for Urbana. Davis, spot on with this pick. Congrats to both.

DPOY
Rogan - Urbana
With the stats he put up on defense he kind of seemed a lock but he could have easily been considered in the offensive category as well.

I did notice there are a lot of underclassmen (12 of 26) on the 1st Team KT and that bodes well for the next year.

Great job young men on your awards and keep working to be better.

cbcsportsonline.com has the all conference players listed.

KT
OPOY
St. Clair - Bellefontaine
Berner - Tecumseh
I think we all knew St. Clair would be a selection. His value to his team is unmeasurable and he rightfully deserves this selection. I agree with Berner as well, not only was he my pick, but he was the go to guy for Tecumseh. I think you can toss a hat over them for what they contributed. Congrats to both.

DPOY
Johns - London
Caudill - Bellefontaine
Didn't expect Johns to be in the mix but when your team shares the divisional title there are well deserved accolades. Caudill, is a solid pick, though I took Miller but again, conference Champs deserve conference recognition. Congrats to both.

KT OPOY:
St. Clair - Bellefontaine, I was impressed by his maturity... always calm, positive body language, didn't seem to force throws. Should be fun to watch him progress the next two years and beyond.
Berner- Tecumseh, Seems like he has been an important part of the Tecumseh Offense for 4 years... earned OPOY with solid consistent effort over 4 years.
Sollars/Mitchell/Johns/Jones- London, I agree with the St. Clair and Berner selections but want to recognize the London backfield as a group. The Offensive scheme makes it easier to lose 1 athlete and continue to move the ball. Similar situations at the JV and Middle School levels... multiple options to share the ball.

KT DPOY:
Johns- London, I was happy to see him recognized. London has graduated solid DPOY like J. Stevens, T. Huff, I. Jones over the past 3 years and Johns stepped into a Leadership role this season and took a big step up in production. He made big plays at key moments all season.
Caudill- Bellefontaine, He was all over the field vs London... seemed to be in on every tackle and made a great break on the ball for the Pick 6. Well deserved from what I've seen.

Congrats to all CBC players... wish you all luck and good health during the Playoffs!!!

I’m not sure that’s much of a flex. That’s just slightly higher than the %of teams in each of the regions the CBC is in that make the playoffs. CBC is slightly above average….well done.
Trying to inspire some conversation for the CBC schools and their fans on this site. Going into the season, I thought the "Big 4"in the KT would make the playoffs and now adding Tecumseh to the mix is great and a surprise. I thought the MR would be trending downward with Indian Lake and Graham losing a lot from last year but Graham stepped up and now Urbana entered the picture, which is probably a shocker to everyone in the CBC...especially North Union after last week. IMO, I had 5, outside 6, teams from both divisions making the playoffs but they have 8. That's pretty good for the "little piece of Ohio" and really good for kids that play where they are raised and aren't cherry picked to a local larger school or Dayton area Catholic schools.

Yes, "well done". Good luck tonight to all the CBC teams, I for one will be rooting for each of you.

Maybe we should talk wrestling in a couple of months and see how this "little piece of Ohio" is doing...just say'n

Last edited:
Trying to inspire some conversation for the CBC schools and their fans on this site. Going into the season, I thought the "Big 4"in the KT would make the playoffs and now adding Tecumseh to the mix is great and a surprise. I thought the MR would be trending downward with Indian Lake and Graham losing a lot from last year but Graham stepped up and now Urbana entered the picture, which is probably a shocker to everyone in the CBC...especially North Union after last week. IMO, I had 5, outside 6, teams from both divisions making the playoffs but they have 8. That's pretty good for the "little piece of Ohio" and really good for kids that play where they are raised and aren't cherry picked to a local larger school or Dayton area Catholic schools.

Yes, "well done". Good luck tonight to all the CBC teams, I for one will be rooting for each of you.

Maybe we should talk wrestling in a couple of months and see how this "little piece of Ohio" is doing...just say'n
I am very happy to see Urbana return. Hopefully it will be the start of a great few years for them. Now if you want to talk wrestling you can’t talk about cherry picking boys and boys coming in from all over the place without talking about the most successful wrestling program in your conference

I am very happy to see Urbana return. Hopefully it will be the start of a great few years for them. Now if you want to talk wrestling you can’t talk about cherry picking boys and boys coming in from all over the place without talking about the most successful wrestling program in your conference
This may be a one off for Urbana but we shall see next year when they move up to the KT. Also, curious to see if the Arrows can continue on with this years success. Both schools have exceeded expectations to the outsiders.

"In your conference", try the state, lol. Kind of like Catholic schools getting a certain talented demographic that are not by religious belief Catholic... why is that? Just being honest and I kind of set you up for that.
I do know one kid transferred from Urbana to Greenon (OHC) and won that school's first individual state title. Surprisingly he didn't go to Graham. However, Graham is one school, one very good wrestling school and maybe not just because of the past coach but the legacy he has left, considering the recent successes. Yet, St. Eds and even Queen City Catholic schools have their fingers in that pie as well but haven't achieved that Graham dominance. Maybe not as important as football, just a guess.

Finally, how do disenfranchised kids go to and/or afford schools that have thousands, ten(s) of dollars per year, of tuition? Why football? Economically, that is not feasible for those families but for a football or wrestler athletically gifted kid, it absolutely makes it feasible...dont want to hear the voucher system excuse, blah, blah, blah. Are the same benefits provided to a tuba player in the band that has the talent to dot the "I" at tOSU, the artist, debater, science savant or God forbid an Olympic quality gymnast that is a cheerleader?

Kind of the the sliver in another's eye versus a log in your own eye...sort of thing. I need to read the bible more.

Last edited:
This may be a one off for Urbana but we shall see next year when they move up to the KT. Also, curious to see if the Arrows can continue on with this years success. Both schools have exceeded expectations to the outsiders.

"In your conference", try the state, lol. Kind of like Catholic schools getting a certain talented demographic that are not by religious belief Catholic... why is that? Just being honest and I kind of set you up for that.
I do know one kid transferred from Urbana to Greenon (OHC) and won that school's first individual state title. Surprisingly he didn't go to Graham. However, Graham is one school, one very good wrestling school and maybe not just because of the past coach but the legacy he has left, considering the recent successes. Yet, St. Eds and even Queen City Catholic schools have their fingers in that pie as well but haven't achieved that Graham dominance. Maybe not as important as football, just a guess.

Finally, how do disenfranchised kids go to and/or afford schools that have thousands, ten(s) of dollars per year, of tuition? Why football? Economically, that is not feasible for those families but for a football or wrestler athletically gifted kid, it absolutely makes it feasible...dont want to hear the voucher system excuse, blah, blah, blah. Are the same benefits provided to a tuba player in the band that has the talent to dot the "I" at tOSU, the artist, debater, science savant or God forbid an Olympic quality gymnast that is a cheerleader?

Kind of the the sliver in another's eye versus a log in your own eye...sort of thing. I need to read the bible more.
Do you know of any disenfranchised children/families that have sat down with those schools stating their interest in attending that school and their inability to pay for it? I have seen first hand schools bend over backwards to work with families of all incomes regardless of whether they run a 4.5 or if they can’t walk and chew gum at the same time but are good students and citizens. Vouchers cover $7500. There are now income levels to additional assistance through the voucher program as well. These schools have endowments and work study programs for the parents and students. If the will is there a way can be found.
I sincerely think a vast majority of “recruiting” or “cherry picking” that takes place is more of athletes being attracted to program success and the opportunity to be surrounded by similarly dedicated athletes. I highly doubt the Jordans are combing the state with sales pitches to prospective wrestlers.
I can completely understand a highly dedicated football player wanting to play for a similarly dedicated football program that offers more discipline system wide, a chance to compete for a state championship, and routinely has big name college coaches roaming the hallways.
I don’t know that all privates operate the same but I’m certain that almost all of them have the same funds and endowments available to tuba players as they do football players.

Playoff finals tonight
KT
Granville 25 Bellefontaine 21
London 42 Chillicothe 12
Tri Valley 20 Jonathan Alder 10
New Richmond 28 Tecumseh 27
Shanwee is up big on Roger Bacon 33-7 in the 4th

MD
Urbana 42 Graham 35
Coldwater 41 North Union 7