Central Buckeye Conference 2020

Right now JA is not only successful in football, but across all sports in the CBC. Four years in the league and they'll soon have four all-sports trophies. Winning breeds winning.
Of all the conference schools, JA does impress me the most by far. No doubt about that. Is a bit interesting that it seems like the 'new schools' are the ones who are heads and shoulders above everyone else.

Will see what the rest of the year brings and if the league can make some noise on the state level as we are just not really hitting the big time for the postseason.

See where Mechanicsburg/Adena is being played at London.

Of all the conference schools, JA does impress me the most by far. No doubt about that. Is a bit interesting that it seems like the 'new schools' are the ones who are heads and shoulders above everyone else.

Will see what the rest of the year brings and if the league can make some noise on the state level as we are just not really hitting the big time for the postseason.

See where Mechanicsburg/Adena is being played at London.
games should still be at the site of the higher seed at least through this week

never mind. just saw it was moved!

Would not be surprised to see games moved from poor schools who do not have turf after last week's games, especially if they were on Friday night.
I also heard they are giving the option to the regional finalist top seed the option to host or decide on a neutral site. In D3 Region 11 Alder, Hartley, Desales & Sheridan all have turf so I wouldn't be surprised the best seed left hosts the final.

Besides having turf as opposed to playing on grass that will be heavily soaked later this week, I imagine that playing at London allows for a decent increase in attendance over playing at Mechanicsburg. Given how short the trip is, I don't think this was too difficult of an administrative decision to give up the home game for the nearby neutral site.

Alder-legit. London-above average. Shawnee-very well coached so successful in division 5. Graham- veteran team that won a title. North union- good talent that is coming together and feasting on less talented teams. Other teams very bad to average. Kr and bellefontaine were worst teams had in years. Tecumseh beat 4 bad teams. Indian lake hard nosed kids that compete. Ben Logan some talent but undisciplined. Urbana and nw were atrocious.

Alder-legit. London-above average. Shawnee-very well coached so successful in division 5. Graham- veteran team that won a title. North union- good talent that is coming together and feasting on less talented teams. Other teams very bad to average. Kr and bellefontaine were worst teams had in years. Tecumseh beat 4 bad teams. Indian lake hard nosed kids that compete. Ben Logan some talent but undisciplined. Urbana and nw were atrocious.
wow. I really couldn't have said it better myself.

Even in down years you look for improvement from week 0 through the last game.
For the teams you saw often, do ya feel the program progressed? Digressed? Stayed the same?

Sort of an unique situation where Anna scrimmaged IL this year, and played last week. Anna also picked up a gMw this Friday v Lima Shawnee and the Lake packed it in.
In seeing both matchups I saw a team that improved quite a bit, and one that didn't. It will be interesting moving forward for the lake with their HC retiring after 24 years.

For the teams you saw often, do ya feel the program progressed? Digressed? Stayed the same?

Sort of an unique situation where Anna scrimmaged IL this year, and played last week. Anna also picked up a gMw this Friday v Lima Shawnee and the Lake packed it in.
In seeing both matchups I saw a team that improved quite a bit, and one that didn't. It will be interesting moving forward for the lake with their HC retiring after 24 years.
I believe Anna picked up Covington and Minster picked up Lima Shawnee

I believe Anna picked up Covington and Minster picked up Lima Shawnee
That right. My bad.
Still ...goood to see some teams doing what they can to get much needed reps. Football is the toughest sport to get legit work in and games are the only way to accomplish said task.

I'm not sure when that urbana, KR matchup was put on the Cc site so apparently it was incorrect.

I would think that job would get some quality candidates if they opened it up externally...for the most part, they've been pretty competitive for the last decade or so even when their records weren't all that great. I would think this would be an interesting spot for somebody like Toby Smith.

Getting some interesting matchups that we wouldn't typically see due to this screwy COVID situation. I see on Arbiter Northwestern will host Madison-Plains this week.

I would think that job would get some quality candidates if they opened it up externally...for the most part, they've been pretty competitive for the last decade or so even when their records weren't all that great. I would think this would be an interesting spot for somebody like Toby Smith.
Said the same thing but it will likely stay in house.

I hope it is and I see it as a good CBC/OHC bowl game but I see MP winning big. I just don't think NW has enough poop in the colon.

They probably don't...they are waaaay down this year.

That said, from what I've seen Madison-Plains seems to be pretty good offensively, but pretty deficient defensively and on special teams this year. Last week they had a MAC/Big 12 caliber 64-62 4OT shootout. Hopefully this is an entertaining nontraditional matchup for both to end the season.

Who is left in the CBC? Shawnee, North Union and Alder? Is that it? Can they all pull out a victory?

Who is left in the CBC? Shawnee, North Union and Alder? Is that it? Can they all pull out a victory?
Shawnee has the best chance. I wouldn't be surprised if North Union wins as well. Alder is a coin toss, definitely the underdog, best opponent they have faced this year.

Riversides Long rips off 325 yards in a 42-19 win over Ben Logan. The Pirates RB finished the season with an impressive 2,300 yards.

Good to see Ben Logan still playing.
Some programs were looking to the future after getting beat out. Anna lot playing, Minster as well and I wanna say they played on Thursday with just juniors and below to prepare for next year. You can never get back or replace game snaps. I hope this really pays off for Ben Logan next year.

Fort recovery loses some big talent next year and this year they were only 3-5.
But, Urbana is Urbana.