Central Buckeye Conference 2020

Eaton 14
Graham 28

Has Graham ever reached the 3rd round of football playoffs before?
This is the 5th time Graham has reached the quarterfinals of the regional playoffs or better.

1990: Won Regional Semifinal vs Northeastern
Lost Regional Final vs. Hamilton Badin

1991: Lost Regional Semifinal vs. Bellbrook

2002: Lost Regional Quarterfinal vs. Urbana

2003: Lost Regional Quarterfinal vs. Alter

2020: Won Regional Round of 16 vs.Eaton
Regional Quarterfinal vs. Wyoming tbd

So 1990 the Falcons made it to the statewide round of 8. 1991 was statewide round of 16. 2002; 2003 and 2020 currently are all statewide round of 32. Important to keep everything in perspective. Truly great to see the Falcons back into the statewide round of 32 after all these years.

3rd Round of the playoffs here we go:

CBC goes 5-1 with Indian Lake losing

London @ Alder
Graham @ Wyoming
North Union @ Liberty Benton
Shawnee @ Blanchester

Non playoff games

Urbana @ Bellefontaine
Ben Logan @ Kenton Ridge
No games scheduled as of today for Tecumseh, Lake, NW

Solid past week for the CBC playoff teams. Gets much tougher in the next round. Unfortunately two teams play each other but it will be an epic rematch between these two county rivals. Winner most likely will face #1 Desales. Out of the rest I think Shawnee has the best chance of moving on.

Historic win for the Falcon program. Have to think the HC gets some coach of the year recognition for the turnaround that program is on.
Shawnee looked great...was able to weasel my way into that football game and it was a physical beating. I like their chances to move on again with Blnchester.
Don’t know much about Liberty but they have a big win over LCC early in the year. North Union is on a tear and if they run the ball they have a chance.
London Alder will be a great rematch but I think JA will win it again.

I think Shawnee advances rather comfortably this week by a few scores. The Braves would probably wipe the floor with everyone Blanchester has played this year.

Liberty-Benton is usually pretty stout, but North Union has been getting things together over the last month after a slow start to the year. If they play well I think they'll at least make it competitive.

NU has played well as of lately. Its always somewhat harder gauging Liberty-Benton when they play in the smaller BVC but they are definitely a good football team and will be the favorite. Will be interested to see what happens on Saturday.

I think Shawnee could put a running clock on Blanchester.

I think North Union plays Liberty Benton tough. 1 score game either way.

Alder beats London by 2-3 scores again.

I think Shawnee could put a running clock on Blanchester.

I think North Union plays Liberty Benton tough. 1 score game either way.

Alder beats London by 2-3 scores again.
LOL. You still mad about Blanchester making the playoffs last year over Greenon? Good luck at Roger Bacon.

LOL. You still mad about Blanchester making the playoffs last year over Greenon? Good luck at Roger Bacon.
nope. more so I am gaining confidence in Shawnee. I thought Madison had a chance against Shawnee but the Braves smoked them. Madison Plains played with Blanchester for a half. Blanchester hasn't seen a team like Shawnee this year.

Bravo to Indian Lake for picking up Anna for week 9
They were to play week one, but did scrimmage. Will be neat to see the progress as both teams were breaking in new QBs. Anna last 22 seniors, 20 starters from last year and has not been very good this year. Probably the weakest rocket team since they joined the MAC.

Bellefontaine needs that rivalry game against Urbana to build some confidence. Was surprised to see them lose against Tecumseh and Columbus South.

Bellefontaine needs that rivalry game against Urbana to build some confidence. Was surprised to see them lose against Tecumseh and Columbus South.

Didn’t you know that TheVoice knows everything about every school in Western Ohio? He has 15,000 posts on an internet site. Imagine the amount of time he spends on the lives of high school kids he’s never met.....He can’t just stick to Indian Lake football. He has to put his nose in every other programs as well.
With all his “connections”, you’d think he would know that Urbana cancelled the Bellefontaine game and the Bellefontaine is shut down for the time being due to a COVID case.

Didn’t you know that TheVoice knows everything about every school in Western Ohio? He has 15,000 posts on an internet site. Imagine the amount of time he spends on the lives of high school kids he’s never met.....He can’t just stick to Indian Lake football. He has to put his nose in every other programs as well.
With all his “connections”, you’d think he would know that Urbana cancelled the Bellefontaine game and the Bellefontaine is shut down for the time being due to a COVID case.
ThaVoice is a very good poster. has my respect. very informed about a lot.

Bellefontaine is young and incredibly inconsistent. They need to get a lot better this offseason. I got to think they know that.

The good news is they only lose about 3-4 players who’ve made much of an impact. The Campbell kid at Split-End is a big loss but WR is a strength.
I thought they would be better than they are but that’s proof that HS ball is more of a mans game. They’ve been out physicaled.

Bellefontaine is young and incredibly inconsistent. They need to get a lot better this offseason. I got to think they know that.

The good news is they only lose about 3-4 players who’ve made much of an impact. The Campbell kid at Split-End is a big loss but WR is a strength.
I thought they would be better than they are but that’s proof that HS ball is more of a mans game. They’ve been out physicaled.
What happened to the 2 Urbana kids that transferred in. I saw one played a game or two and the other one never played.

Rogan was only eligible for two games. Don’t ask me how. I’ve had several people try to explain that and I still don’t get it.
I don’t know of another Urbana kid but that doesn’t mean there isn’t someone.

Bellefontaine has a long ways to go, further than some on here may think. Urbana has even farther. It’s going to hard for them to dig themselves out of this mess.
Bellefontaine has a long ways to go, further than some on here may think. Urbana has even farther. It’s going to hard for them to dig themselves out of this mess.
Grass not greener after running out their coach last year?
This is just a slight dip though, the Chief's will be contending for titles in 22 and 23.

Grass not greener after running out their coach last year?
This is just a slight dip though, the Chief's will be contending for titles in 22 and 23.

What titles? You don’t just flip the switch. They aren’t very well coached now. How does all that just instantly change?

Rogan was only eligible for two games. Don’t ask me how. I’ve had several people try to explain that and I still don’t get it.
I don’t know of another Urbana kid but that doesn’t mean there isn’t someone.
I thought the running back Trevor Stewart transferred there as well

What titles? You don’t just flip the switch. They aren’t very well coached now. How does all that just instantly change?

I don’t know about any instant change. I know they’ve played a ton of Freshmen and Sophomores and at times they’ve played like a decent team. They beat the Lake, lost to Shawnee in OT and played even with London and South each for a half of football. The flip side is they’ve played awful at times as well. My guess is the consistency gets better with age and experience and the Chiefs will be competing well in the near future

I'm gaining some confidence I the Braves after the thumping of Middletown Madison.

I see them losing in the regional final game.