Central Buckeye Conference 2020

Google map it. You’ll see the fence around the track.
It’s not a great view, but you’ll be able to see the game and hear pads cracking.

Bellefontaine is young and inexperienced. Many Knew that the D line and o line would struggle badly this year after what they lost. It’s hard to replace what they had the last couple years in the trenches and many could say the seniors from last year probably had one of the best O lines in school history although that is a big stretch from me but I have watched a good amount of there games the last 3 years. But I do believe they sent 2 kids to Ashland university up front??? and if that’s the case you’d bet for a major drop off Espcially replacing them with very young guys. The future is still bright for the chiefs but they will continue tI go through growing pains as the season loves along.
Yes 1 went on scholarship and 1 walked on at Ashland. 2 others were pretty dang solid. If it wasn’t the best line in school history it has to be dang close. If they would have used a qb with any amount of speed the line would have looked even better. I said it numerous times qb was a square peg in a round hole in that offense.

Yes 1 went on scholarship and 1 walked on at Ashland. 2 others were pretty dang solid. If it wasn’t the best line in school history it has to be dang close. If they would have used a qb with any amount of speed the line would have looked even better. I said it numerous times qb was a square peg in a round hole in that offense.
Very solid line, great kids & teammates.
Yeah, QB was a real square. Pretty good numbers, especially when you pack on another 1,100 yards from the RB.
AB09A776-3809-4DF5-ADEE-B06D8B0C6987.jpeg

What are the expectations for the 2 guys going to Ashland? sorry I don’t know there names. I’m assuming the scholarship player must be a legit player because ashland is a very good school but is the “walk on” good enough to play at some point? My nephew went to Ashland for baseball and let me tell ya they are a very good program top to bottom. I also do agree the QB play was inconsistent at times.

Week 4 CBC:
MAD RIVER:
Ben Logan 33
Indian Lake 17
North Union 41 Northwestern 7
Graham 40 Urbana 6

KENTON TRAIL
Johnathan Alder 31
Tecumseh 20
London 21 Shawnee 20
Bellefontaine 28 Kenton Ridge 7

Week 4 CBC:
MAD RIVER:
Ben Logan 33
Indian Lake 17
North Union 41 Northwestern 7
Graham 40 Urbana 6

KENTON TRAIL
Johnathan Alder 31
Tecumseh 20
London 21 Shawnee 20
Bellefontaine 28 Kenton Ridge 7
Those look about right, but I like Shawnee and JA will have a running clock. They are that good.

What are the expectations for the 2 guys going to Ashland? sorry I don’t know there names. I’m assuming the scholarship player must be a legit player because ashland is a very good school but is the “walk on” good enough to play at some point? My nephew went to Ashland for baseball and let me tell ya they are a very good program top to bottom. I also do agree the QB play was inconsistent at times.
I’ve heard that Pool is doing really well and has bulked up. Have not heard about Kidwell

Those look about right, but I like Shawnee and JA will have a running clock. They are that good.
After watching the Shawnee/Tecumseh game. It was 18-14 going into the 4th Quarter. Tecumseh dropped a wide open TD earlier in the game on a series I don't believe they scored on. Shawnee took back three int's for TD's in the 4th. One of those was deep in Shawnee territory. London has a pretty good defense, not sure I can say that about Shawnee at this point, not as strong upfront as last years group but some ball hawks in the secondary. I don't see London passing much.

I'm going to give Tecumseh a little more respect, I think they can hang with Alder, but if they are sloppy again with the ball it won't be close.

After watching the Shawnee/Tecumseh game. It was 18-14 going into the 4th Quarter. Tecumseh dropped a wide open TD earlier in the game on a series I don't believe they scored on. Shawnee took back three int's for TD's in the 4th. One of those was deep in Shawnee territory. London has a pretty good defense, not sure I can say that about Shawnee at this point, not as strong upfront as last years group but some ball hawks in the secondary. I don't see London passing much.

I'm going to give Tecumseh a little more respect, I think they can hang with Alder, but if they are sloppy again with the ball it won't be close.
Shawnee is young also, especially in the secondary.

Is BL kicking game so bad they cannot attempt a 27 yard FG for the win? I admit I did not pay much attention to the EP or KO, but they had one play from the 10, with a good angle, or go for a FG for the win Friday.

Their QB can throw a little and ave a nice RB but seemed, again, undisciplined! Anyone know the ticket policy for that game? Seemed to be more BL fans at the game than away teams have in some NORMAL years.

Word is Bellefontaine QB was injured? He slated to return

Turn the page to Week 5

NW @ Ben Logan
Graham
@ IL
Bellefontaine @ London
Alder
@ Shawnee
KR @ Tecumseh
North Union @ Urbana

Not sure I would peg any of these games as must see. Think KR can get there first conference win and Graham can clinch a share of the Mad River. London and Alder appear to be on a collision course to decide the Kenton Trail in week 6.

Week 5 ALREADY?!?!?!? Here we go
MAD RIVER:
Northwestern @ Ben Logan 27-6
Graham @
Indian Lake 35-28
North Union
@ Urbana 35-0

KENTON TRAIL:

Bellefontaine @ London 34-14
Alder
@ Shawnee 41-20
Kenton Ridge @ Tecumseh 28-27

Outside of Alder and London does anyone even make a squeak in the playoffs?:unsure:

NW @ Ben Logan
Graham
@ IL
Bellefontaine @ London
Alder
@ Shawnee
KR @ Tecumseh
North Union @ Urbana

The only team other than Alder and London that I could see winning a few playoff games is Graham. It all depends on the seeding though.

Obviously London & JA will go at least 3 to 4 games deep in to the playoffs and I believe Graham and North Union will win their first playoff game. The rest of the CBC; probable one and done.

If KR would throw the ball to #85 (the tallest kid out there) instead of throwing to the smallest guy on the field, they might have won a game or two. Not that I'm complaining. ?

Obviously London & JA will go at least 3 to 4 games deep in to the playoffs and I believe Graham and North Union will win their first playoff game. The rest of the CBC; probable one and done.
I could see a 3-4 games as well for either or both. It really depends on how the seeding shakes out. 23 teams in D3 Region 11. The brackets are set before week 6 ends. I think both of them will get a first round bye and should get by there first round opponent rather easily. After that, it will be interesting to see who they would play in the 3rd round. The region has some good teams (Sheridan, Jackson, Hartley, Desales, Watterson, Tri Valley & Granville)

BlackAttack - Yes, Div III, Region 11 is brutal. It is very deep and yes, JA and/or London could get knocked out early if they were to play a sloppy game. However, I think JA will be a very tough out as will London. If London had not lost their starting qb for the 2nd year in a row, who knows how far they could go. The CBC crown goes to the winner of the London @ JA Week 6 matchup, have to give JA the edge with the home field and London playing with a backup qb.

Seeding will have a major impact on how that region goes...and if you can figure out how that will go you must be Nostradamus. What’s going to hurt is the CCL team beating up on each other. Hartley or Watterson getting a lower than should be seed will be a crime. I don’t care, one of those teams at 3-2 or 2-3 is better than a 5-0 Jackson. Now, will coaches vote like that? Some, but probably not enough. And you might have 23 different ballots when it comes to seeding teams 11-23 in that region. There’s not a lot of separation between those teams.

The seeding will surely be interesting. You've got 23 teams playing 5 games (by the time the HC votes). Almost all of those games are in-conference games, so very little to compare people to.

I think alot of coaches will give credit for games won last year and in recent history, which is probably a better strategy than just purely looking at records.

That being said, I would expect DeSales, Hartley, Watterson, Tri-Valley, London and Alder to be the top six seeds in some order. Probably go roughly off best records after that.

Top 9 teams should have a bye in Round 1 then 10 v 23, 11 v 22, 12 v 21, 13 v 20, 14 v 19, 15 v 18, and 16 v 17.