Central Buckeye Conference 2020

Alder starts nine underclassman on defense and seven on offense

Not sure where this information is coming from as what I see from the CBC roster Alder has listed and tying it to their film.... they had 17 or 18 of the 22 starters from offense\defense on Friday which were seniors.

Not sure where this information is coming from as what I see from the CBC roster Alder has listed and tying it to their film.... they had 17 or 18 of the 22 starters from offense\defense on Friday which were seniors.

Alder has 12 seniors, 3 of them don’t play downs on Offense or Defense, only Special Teams. 3-4 of them play both ways, #5, #27 & #51, #4 (Rotates)

7 starters on offense, 3 on defense
1 soph, 3 Juniors on offense, 4 soph, 4 juniors on defense

Last edited:
Alder has 12 seniors, 3 of them don’t play downs on Offense or Defense, only Special Teams. 3-4 of them play both ways, #5, #27 & #51, #4 (Rotates)

7 starters on offense, 3 on defense
1 soph, 3 Juniors on offense, 4 soph, 4 juniors on defense

ok - CBC site must be incorrect...it lists Alder with 23 seniors

I know Bellefontaine is playing a bunch of 9th and 10th graders. Some may not be starting but they are seeing significant playing time.

Young guys I’ve seen playing for the Chiefs....

9th- Fogan, Manns, Wilson, Scott
10th- Deitsch, Caudill, Mott, Ashcraft, Moore. I’m told Rogan will play soon. He’s been the talk of early practices.

Chiefs are kinda who I thought they’d be. Sloppy execution due to inexperience. Struggles with new offensive line......They are much better than last year defensively. Trent Kelly is a beast, and DBs were ball hawks last two weeks.

My updated rankings....

1. Alder
2. London
3. N Union
4. Shawnee
5. Bellefontaine
6. Graham
7. Ben Logan
8. Tecumseh
9. Indian Lake
10. Kenton Ridge
11. Northwestern
12. Urbana

Graham @ Ben Logan, I'll take Ben Logan. Their defense is tough and they pull out a Victory!
North Union @ Indian Lake, I'll take North Union by a lot.
KR @ JA, JA See above.
Urbana @ NW, Ill take Urbana in OT!
Bell @ Shawnee, could be another close game here. I'll take the Braves in OT!
I was spot on on OT for the Braves.

The JA @ Bell and Shawnee @ Tecumseh are going to be good this week. Any other games stand out?

Graham North Union for the Mad River title.....last year wasn't close at ALL. Per Joe Eitel, 56-10 last season.

Do the Falcons stand a shot or are they just 2nd best in a very down year? North Union 13-0 over IL was interesting last week.

10th- Deitsch, Caudill, Mott, Ashcraft, Moore. I’m told Rogan will play soon. He’s been the talk of early practices.
9 underclassmen and How many returning starters are playing new positions?

Not many returners....Moore (New QB), Leeper, Campbell, Comstock, Fogan

I could be missing some but that’s off top of my head from last season.

Week 3
Alder @ Bellefontaine
North Union @ Graham
London
@ Kenton Ridge
Indian Lake @ Northwestern
Shawnee @ Tecumseh
Ben Logan
@ Urbana

Should be some good games this week.

Week 3
Alder @ Bellefontaine I hope this is a better game than I think
North Union @ Graham
London @ Kenton Ridge
Indian Lake @ Northwestern
Shawnee @ Tecumseh
Ben Logan @ Urbana

38-7 IL over Northwestern?

What is going on over in Springfield?!? NW was a playoff team just 2 seasons ago I believe and now looking at their schedule they've won their only game this season IMO with the remaining schedule @north Union, @Ben Logan, home for Graham.

The Braves are young too. Wow a Rogan not going to Urbana, Now I've heard it all. LOL!

38-7 IL over Northwestern?

What is going on over in Springfield?!? NW was a playoff team just 2 seasons ago I believe and now looking at their schedule they've won their only game this season IMO with the remaining schedule @north Union, @Ben Logan, home for Graham.

They have an unfavorable combination of both youth and inexperience at the varsity level this year. They graduated a ton the last two years, and would have been very heavily reliant on the Van Noord kid this year to be competitive...and he wisely transferred to Springfield to try to better his recruiting prospects. It's going to be a rough year.

They have an unfavorable combination of both youth and inexperience at the varsity level this year. They graduated a ton the last two years, and would have been very heavily reliant on the Van Noord kid this year to be competitive...and he wisely transferred to Springfield to try to better his recruiting prospects. It's going to be a rough year.
Ah...i.assumed that good RB graduated. I hate when kids jump ship from their HS. Was a brutal game to watch, and the TV coverage was just as poor. Made it until half then it was replays of other HS games after that.

Ah...i.assumed that good RB graduated. I hate when kids jump ship from their HS. Was a brutal game to watch, and the TV coverage was just as poor. Made it until half then it was replays of other HS games after that.

I can hardly blame the kid in this case...as opposed to getting hit 25-30 times a game running the ball, he gets to play his best offensive position at receiver while paired with a big time QB against much better competition. With camps and combines getting wiped out this year, he wasn't upgrading his stock at NW. If he continues producing like he has the first two weeks at Springfield, he's going to be on scholarship next year at a MAC or FCS school.

I periodically tuned in and out last night. I appreciate any high school football that gets broadcasted, but the crew in the booth put the awful into announcing.

I can hardly blame the kid in this case...as opposed to getting hit 25-30 times a game running the ball, he gets to play his best offensive position at receiver while paired with a big time QB against much better competition. With camps and combines getting wiped out this year, he wasn't upgrading his stock at NW. If he continues producing like he has the first two weeks at Springfield, he's going to be on scholarship next year at a MAC or FCS school.

I periodically tuned in and out last night. I appreciate any high school football that gets broadcasted, but the crew in the booth put the awful into announcing.
To say they were awful is a compliment. They were atrocious.