Central Buckeye Conference 2020

Kenton Ridge opted to schedule Columbus Independence week 1 instead of Greenon. very disappointed as we all should be. no reason Greenon and Kenton Ridge shouldn’t have gotten this done.
Unfortunate that they couldn't get this done...Columbus Beechcroft still looking for games might not be a terrible matchup. Lima Senior (D2) is open as well, also could take the club route and schedule a reigning sports academy or a Columbus crusaders. West HS opened up as well. With it being this late in the selection process the options are a little dry.

I'm not. It's good to see KR getting expanding their schedule. I thought you said earlier that Shawnee was Greenon's week one game.

I'm not. It's good to see KR getting expanding their schedule. I thought you said earlier that Shawnee was Greenon's week one game.
yes, i meant week 2. Shawnee is still on the schedule for week 1.

Kenton Ridge
week 1- home vs Mechanicsburg
week 2- @ Columbus Independence

although the first 2 games for KR are gone be very tough to win I applaud them for challenging themselves and not picking up cubcake games.

Looks like Alder re-ups on another 2 year deal with Bloom Carroll for 2021 & 2022 in Week 3. Think this will be a good series over the next 3 years.

Also looks like London will play Licking Valley in week 2 next season 2020, that should be a great test to see where they are early in the season.

Just moved to Union County and was wondering what the football was like around here. I have done a little research on Alder, Marysville and North Union. Alder and NU seem to have a pretty good football tradition and Marysville looks they had a pretty good year last year. Any info would be much appreciated.

Just moved to Union County and was wondering what the football was like around here. I have done a little research on Alder, Marysville and North Union. Alder and NU seem to have a pretty good football tradition and Marysville looks they had a pretty good year last year. Any info would be much appreciated.
Fairbanks is pretty good too most years as well. the Union county teams tend to have some athletes from my experience. Union county gets a lot of families commuting to Dublin (also a very nice place) so generally good families=good culture=success

Per Shawnee school website:
Wk1 Greenon
Wk 2 Eaton (Replaces Tipp City)
Wk 3 @ Carroll (Replaces Thurgood Marshall)
Wk 4 Northwestern
Wk 5 @ Urbana
Wk 6 Bellefontaine
Wk 7 @ Tecumseh
Wk 8 @ London
Wk 9 Jonathan Alder
Wk 10 @ Kenton Ridge

I would say the OOC Wk 2 is a downgrade and Wk 3 is an upgrade. Way to early prediction would be 6-4 and making playoffs in DV but missing in DIV.

Per Shawnee school website:
Wk1 Greenon
Wk 2 Eaton (Replaces Tipp City)
Wk 3 @ Carroll (Replaces Thurgood Marshall)
Wk 4 Northwestern
Wk 5 @ Urbana
Wk 6 Bellefontaine
Wk 7 @ Tecumseh
Wk 8 @ London
Wk 9 Jonathan Alder
Wk 10 @ Kenton Ridge

I would say the OOC Wk 2 is a downgrade and Wk 3 is an upgrade. Way to early prediction would be 6-4 and making playoffs in DV but missing in DIV.
im actually not sure what to expect from the Braves next year. they lose pretty much all there production (Glass, Guyer, Hall) but i remember them having some decent young kids. 6-4/5-5 is probably fair as the Kenton Trail should be fairly weak again this year. i’m hearing they will be a D4 team. i don’t think they will have a shot at the playoffs unless they knock off one of Greenon, London, or Jonathan Alder. i predict they lose to those three, with Bellefontaine and Carroll being toss-ups.

Shawnee isn't getting bigger, they're getting smaller. They'll be in Div VI here soon.
they will consistently be D5 here soon but last year they were one of, if not the biggest schools in D5. right now they are more on the edge of D4/D5 and i think it will stay that way for a few years or so

Where did you get your information? I got it straight from Mr. Tincher's mouth. Shawnee was two kids over the D VI to make the D V. They are the smallest D V school and will be D VI here soon. You can take that to the bank!

^^you don’t just jump from being a D4 team one season to almost being D6 the next. it doesn’t just work like that

^^you don’t just jump from being a D4 team one season to almost being D6 the next. it doesn’t just work like that
I don't know what to tell you but they are getting smaller. Next time you are at Shawnee, go up to Mr Tincher and ask him if you don't believe me. He's the AD for Shawnee. I'm just the delivery man. ROTFLMAO!

I think that's why Greenon is dropping them after next season. Shoot, ask your AD why Geenon is dropping them.

Where did you get your information? I got it straight from Mr. Tincher's mouth. Shawnee was two kids over the D VI to make the D V. They are the smallest D V school and will be D VI here soon. You can take that to the bank!

Blondie, I think you are getting the previous year mixed up. The previous year, Shawnee was one of the smallest D4 schools. Last year, they were one of the largest D5 schools. Think about it, West Liberty-Salem was D5 too last year (one of the smaller). Shawnee is much larger. Look at that link that @hdvhsmgr posted. Shawnee is a long ways away from falling to D6.

I've heard the same thing Blondie. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. Shawnee has cut way down on open enrollment too. That may add to them dropping to D VI if this trend continues.

Shawnee regular season since 2004:
DII 2004 - 8-2
DIII 2005 - 9-1
DIII 2006 - 5-5
DIII 2007 - 3-7
DIII 2008 - 5-5
DIII 2009 - 7-3
DIII 2010 - 9-1
DIII 2011 - 10-0
DIII 2012 - 7-3
DIII 2013 - 9-1
DIII 2014 - 6-4
DIV 2015 - 3-7
DIV 2016 - 6-4
DIV 2017 - 5-5
DIV 2018 - 6-4
DV 2019 - 8-2

106 wins over four divisions and two losing seasons in 16 years. Though they are getting smaller they are always competitive. Question is...assume within the next several years they drop to DVI does the CBC KT schools tell them they need to drop into the MR? I can't see Shawnee wanting to drop into the MR since they are competitive in the KT. They have played Carroll, Butler, Springfield, Troy, West Carrolton and Massie in OOC, so I don't think being a DVI and playing DIII and DII bothers them too much but that may not be the case the other way around.

I've heard the same thing Blondie. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. Shawnee has cut way down on open enrollment too. That may add to them dropping to D VI if this trend continues.

They would have to cut 100 students (50 boys) out to even be borderline D6. That's an unheard of amount. I mean, it could happen, but that seems crazy. Will be interesting to see if it happens. Also makes you wonder if the CBC would want Shawnee out - from a football perspective, having a D6 school doesn't do too much for the rest of the league (even in the MRD). The OHC would be salivating, haha.

Springfield Shawnee's enrollment in the last two counts per the OHSAA:
* 2015 Boys 237, Girls 253
* 2018 Boys 199, Girls 231 - A drop of 38 boys from 2015 to 2018.

Division Breakdowns for 2018-2019 season:
DI 591 and more
DII 590 -376
DIII 375-269
DIV 268-208
DV 207-158
DVI 157-117
DVII 116 and less

If Shawnee ever drops to DVI, it will not be for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Yes Shawnee has been competitive and successful over the last 20 years but I only saw about 40 kids on the sidelines in wk 12 vs West Jefferson and it looked like they will lose about 15 seniors off of the 2019 team. In 2020 it would be a big stretch for Shawnee to beat Jonathan Alder & London, Greenon the advantage in week 1 just because of their QB, Bellefountain, Eaton and Carrol - I would think Shawnee will be the underdog. 5-5 would be starting point for Shawnee in 2020 and that would not put them anywhere close to a playoff spot in DV.

They've supposedly had just under 2,000 kids enrolled preK-12 the last couple years. For the foreseeable future they should be a small D4 for football that may occasionally drop to D5 if they have a couple of smaller classes back-to-back.

The 154 per class is actually a bit higher than actual Shawnee's count from 2018: 199 boys +231 girls = 430 total for grades 9 thru 11 is 143 kids per class. Assuming the 2,000 kids in the Shawnee school system is correct, it does not appear Shawnee will be Div VI in the foreseeable future.

If you are talking about winning Tradition out of those three/four I would rank them as 1. Alder, 2. North Union, 3. Marysville, 4. Fairbanks over the past 2-3 decades. I will give a slight edge of North Union over Marysville. Marysville should be on the rise with the re-alignment of the OCC conference. North Union had a decent season and should be just as good or even better next year. Alder is coming off a regional final appearance and should have another shot at a good season next year. Fairbanks has finally found a conference that fits their size and there competitive level so they should be set up for success going forward. Alder and Marysville just got turf this past season and both of those communities continue to grow. Alder's coaching staff probably has the most seniority out of the 4 programs in the county.

I think that's why Greenon is dropping them after next season. Shoot, ask your AD why Geenon is dropping them.
as far as i know, they re-upped a two year contract for this year and next year (2020/2021). i think you have things a little mixed up.