Central Buckeye Conference 2020

I imagine KR's going to likely be promoting from within. If that job legitimately opened up it would get a ton of interest. They seem to have very good athletes just about every year, but have been lacking a bit in the trenches recently.

I imagine KR's going to likely be promoting from within. If that job legitimately opened up it would get a ton of interest. They seem to have very good athletes just about every year, but have been lacking a bit in the trenches recently.
That's what I thought too, but he resigned mid November.

I work in the district and saw it. I never saw it posted on OHSAA though. They must be looking outside of the district somehow, b/c it's been open for quite a while.

New coach at KR will have to replace all state talent right away in Lemen and Diebert....KR will be interesting to follow this fall. Mechanicsburg week 1 would be a heck of a measuring stick.

Kenton Ridge has underachieved the last few years. I think a new direction won't be the worst thing for them and theres alot of potential there for the Cougars if they can develop a good strength and conditioning program. They leaned way too heavily on Lemen the last couple of years and didnt do much else. I dont think next year will be too good. They should beat the bad teams but 5-5 is probably the ceiling

Kenton Ridge has underachieved the last few years. I think a new direction won't be the worst thing for them and theres alot of potential there for the Cougars if they can develop a good strength and conditioning program. They leaned way too heavily on Lemen the last couple of years and didnt do much else. I dont think next year will be too good. They should beat the bad teams but 5-5 is probably the ceiling
Kenton Trail games should be rough sledding...Tecumseh will always be winnable to do enrollment issues. Looking online they drew Graham at home and they play @ Northwestern in the crossover. They should grab one or both of them

I was coming to ask if there was an update on the KR head coach. I’m not even looking forward to playing them the first game of the year, I was hoping for some competition the last two seasons and it was a total butt whooping both times, even with Burg turning the ball over 5764 times this year lol

i see Graham picked up Buckeye Valley and Johnstown Monroe. any reason why they are picking up central ohio schools? interesting matchups

New coach at KR will have to replace all state talent right away in Lemen and Diebert....KR will be interesting to follow this fall. Mechanicsburg week 1 would be a heck of a measuring stick.

They weren't successful against Mechanicsburg WITH either of those two.
i see Graham picked up Buckeye Valley and Johnstown Monroe. any reason why they are picking up central ohio schools? interesting matchups

BV is super down right now, but adding Johnstown wasn't a bright move unless JHS is going to be really down. Judging by the past even a down JHS would whip up on Graham. I don't get some of the CBC non-league scheduling sometimes.

They weren't successful against Mechanicsburg WITH either of those two.

BV is super down right now, but adding Johnstown wasn't a bright move unless JHS is going to be really down. Judging by the past even a down JHS would whip up on Graham. I don't get some of the CBC non-league scheduling sometimes.
i completely agree

i completely agree

Looks like that was just a 1-year deal....it's hard to schedule games, very hard. But with the state of Graham football, I would have tried hard to get something other than JHS. It's not like they were rolling over either Southeastern or Lehman. Maybe find a city league team somewhere and throw them a few $$ to come to Graham.

North Union picked up New London - that's not a great game for them and will provide no computer points.

Kenton Trail games should be rough sledding...Tecumseh will always be winnable to do enrollment issues. Looking online they drew Graham at home and they play @ Northwestern in the crossover. They should grab one or both of them

I don't believe the 21-22 schedule for crossovers is correct on the website. I am pretty sure they've changed.

I was coming to ask if there was an update on the KR head coach. I’m not even looking forward to playing them the first game of the year, I was hoping for some competition the last two seasons and it was a total butt whooping both times, even with Burg turning the ball over 5764 times this year lol

I'm no genius; but I'm going to guess that if Mechanicsburg turns the ball over 5,764 time, they're going to lose the game.

in my opinion the CBC does an awful job scheduling crossovers in most sports. as a common fan, I would like to see these matchups on a yearly basis in football.

Kenton Trail
London- North Union, Urbana
Jonathan Alder- Indian Lake, North Union
Shawnee- Northwestern, Ben Logan
Kenton Ridge- Graham, Northwestern
Tecumseh- Urbana, Graham
Bellefontaine- Ben Logan, Indian Lake

Mad River
Northwestern- Shawnee, Kenton Ridge
Graham- Kenton Ridge, Tecumseh
Urbana- Tecumseh, London
Ben Logan-Bellefontaine, Shawnee
Indian Lake- Jonathan Alder, Bellefontaine
North Union- London, Jonathan Alder

I thought they've already been completed? My understanding is that they will make a decision by 1/20.

I guess it depends on who you talk to - my understanding was at least one candidate today and another one on Wednesday. I heard up to 7 maybe were being interviewed but not sure if this is actual or not. There was one candidate mentioned on here that was confirmed to have interviewed last week already but I did not hear of anyone else already completed.

I guess it depends on who you talk to - my understanding was at least one candidate today and another one on Wednesday. I heard up to 7 maybe were being interviewed but not sure if this is actual or not. There was one candidate mentioned on here that was confirmed to have interviewed last week already but I did not hear of anyone else already completed.
All interviews will be done by the end of this week .
Top 3 will get 2nd interview next week in front of a hiring panel.

in my opinion the CBC does an awful job scheduling crossovers in most sports. as a common fan, I would like to see these matchups on a yearly basis in football.

Kenton Trail
London- North Union, Urbana
Jonathan Alder- Indian Lake, North Union
Shawnee- Northwestern, Ben Logan
Kenton Ridge- Graham, Northwestern
Tecumseh- Urbana, Graham
Bellefontaine- Ben Logan, Indian Lake

Mad River
Northwestern- Shawnee, Kenton Ridge
Graham- Kenton Ridge, Tecumseh
Urbana- Tecumseh, London
Ben Logan-Bellefontaine, Shawnee
Indian Lake- Jonathan Alder, Bellefontaine
North Union- London, Jonathan Alder
North Union might have something to say about drawing the two big boys permanently from the KT ?

North Union might have something to say about drawing the two big boys permanently from the KT ?
JA has won the league once in its first 3 years - let's not try and annoint them as an annual league champion yet.

No matter what team a Mad River school is matched up against in crossover matchups (except Tecumseh) - it will be a bad matchup for them.

Could Coach Smith come back now that LS is moving onto someone else?
Doubtful, but if the current applicants don't wow em who knows..........

Could Coach Smith come back now that LS is moving onto someone else?
Doubtful, but if the current applicants don't wow em who knows..........
Definitely no chance, my understanding is they have 4 good candidates and 2nd interviews starting this week. Could possibly have a coach by the end of the week.