Central Buckeye Conference 2020

Convenience?
League foe?
Already set up?
No extra work by the AD?
Set up/mandated by the league?

Plus, they may have to look long and hard to find a team they could compete with, and it isnt like Bellefontaine is a juggernaut this year.

I guess, but those are poor reasons to offer your kids up to slaughter. Bellefontaine will roll them. Id find a smaller OHC school, or a bottom feeder CCC, heck anyone to try and get a win for a program that needs one bad. Funny how Urbana was THE dominant team in the area when I was growing up around here. THey have certainly fallen.

I guess, but those are poor reasons to offer your kids up to slaughter. Bellefontaine will roll them. Id find a smaller OHC school, or a bottom feeder CCC, heck anyone to try and get a win for a program that needs one bad. Funny how Urbana was THE dominant team in the area when I was growing up around here. THey have certainly fallen.

It takes a lot of work and time to build a program - it's like owning a home - if you don't constantly maintain it things go wrong.

Urbana, KR and Shawnee continue losing students to all the non public schools in Springfield.
It kills the enrollment numbers.
Urbana has lost almost 200 students to this and open enrollment to neighboring districts or home schooling.

Week 5 in the books!!! Impressions?
JA London will be an absolute slug fest. Winner gets the KT title.
Graham can win the Mad River outright vs Northwestern.

Week 5 in the books!!! Impressions?
JA London will be an absolute slug fest. Winner gets the KT title.
Graham can win the Mad River outright vs Northwestern.
Congrats to Graham, it would appear they will wrap up the outright title this week against NW.

Shawnee put up a great fight last night. They exploited what other teams haven’t been able to do in the passing game against the Alder‘s Secondary.

All eyes will be on Madison county next Friday. It should be another great game. Last year was a classic. I really don’t know who will win this game, I could see this going either way. Both teams have at least wrapped up a 1st round bye in Region 11.

Week 6 is here ladies and gents! Who do you have??
Tecumseh @ Bellefontaine 28-20
Shawnee @
Kenton Ridge 34-13
London @ JA 35-27

Ben Logan @ North Union 35-21
Indian Lake @
Urbana 31-0
Graham @
Northwestern 41-13

With that being said...Indian Lake, Ben Logan, North Union and Graham have shown an ability to run the ball this year per cbcsportsonline.com and they may be a tougher out than thought of come playoff time. Especially teams like Ben Logan who very well could be 2-4 after north union this Friday night.

JA, London as well as Tecumseh I believe will be the toughest outs on the KT side. London and Tecumseh's pace of play puts pressure on other teams to execute and also match up well with the potential weather factor as you get deeper. JA has been there done that and should have enough playoff experience to carry them at least 3 rounds deep IMO.

I'm not sure how it could be surprising that the less than stellar teams all opted in. There are a lot of middling to bad teams in region 16 and region 18, and with all of the heavy weights getting first round byes (top 7 seeds in both regions) somebody like Urbana will at worst draw the #8 seed on the bracket. I don't expect Graham to get any respect in seeding, but they will get to crush a bad winless opponent in round 1 and depending on the draw may get an opponent they can compete against in round 2.

Week 6:

Ben Logan vs North Union
Indian Lake
vs Urbana
Graham vs Northwestern

Bellefontaine vs Tecumseh
Shawnee
vs Kenton Ridge
London vs Alder

Graham sews up the Mad River with a comfortable victory over NW. Interested to see how Graham does in the playoffs this year. Indian Lake and North Union could make some noise.

Shawnee showed a lot of fight last week in the second half, was very impressed with the QB. I think if he had a better receiving core they could have pulled off the upset. A number of drops that were right on the money. I'm going with my bias with the Alder pick. I think they can win but London appears to be hitting on all cylinders right now on both sides of the ball. Alder will test them in the passing game, but can they move the chains against that run defense? London shut the running game down last year but struggled with the pop pass and edge type plays.

Last edited:
Week 6:

Ben Logan vs North Union
Indian Lake
vs Urbana
Graham vs Northwestern

Bellefontaine vs Tecumseh
Shawnee
vs Kenton Ridge
London vs Alder

Graham sews up the Mad River with a comfortable victory over NW. Interested to see how Graham does in the playoffs this year. Indian Lake and North Union could make some noise.

Shawnee showed a lot of fight last week in the second half, was very impressed with the QB. I think if he had a better receiving core they could have pulled off the upset. A number of drops that were right on the money. I'm going with my bias with the Alder pick. I think they can win but London appears to be hitting on all cylinders right now on both sides of the ball. Alder will test them in the passing game, but can they move the chains against that run defense. London shut the running game down last year but struggled with the pop pass and edge type plays.
Sounds bout right. I'll take BL in the upset special. (I had to find one, LOL! I thought this might be my best bet.

You’ve literally just described most teams that make the playoffs every year in most sports at all levels.
It’s a really stupid take.

Most of the weak teams in this league are going to be playing against somebody seeded somewhere in the 8-15 range in their region in the first round. For most this should be a good experience, and everyone except for the very bottom feeders should have a chance to compete if not win in round 1.

Most of the weak teams in this league are going to be playing against somebody seeded somewhere in the 8-15 range in their region in the first round. For most this should be a good experience, and everyone except for the very bottom feeders should have a chance to compete if not win in round 1.
Bingo

You’ve literally just described most teams that make the playoffs every year in most sports at all levels.
It’s a really stupid take.
This is the most stupid post I have ever read here on Yappi. Let's keep track of the running clocks this year, Richard Cranium!

Shawnee showed a lot of fight last week in the second half, was very impressed with the QB. I think if he had a better receiving core they could have pulled off the upset. A number of drops that were right on the money.
Unfortunately, the kid who was taken by squad from the London game is one of the top two receivers. And he is done for the season.

Week 6 is here ladies and gents! Who do you have??
Tecumseh @ Bellefontaine 28-20
Shawnee @
Kenton Ridge 34-13
London @ JA 35-27

Ben Logan @ North Union 35-21
Indian Lake @
Urbana 31-0
Graham @
Northwestern 41-13

With that being said...Indian Lake, Ben Logan, North Union and Graham have shown an ability to run the ball this year per cbcsportsonline.com and they may be a tougher out than thought of come playoff time. Especially teams like Ben Logan who very well could be 2-4 after north union this Friday night.

JA, London as well as Tecumseh I believe will be the toughest outs on the KT side. London and Tecumseh's pace of play puts pressure on other teams to execute and also match up well with the potential weather factor as you get deeper. JA has been there done that and should have enough playoff experience to carry them at least 3 rounds deep IMO.
IL is where they are because of the defense, first and foremost. Offensively they are a bit, let's say, challenged. L

A
This is the most stupid post I have ever read here on Yappi. Let's keep track of the running clocks this year, Richard Cranium!

Im glad you’re not my boys coach. Not sure how I’d respond if they came home and told me their coach was a quitter.

Not to mention many of these teams will face other teams that have struggled in round 1. How bout we make a wager? At least 1 CBC team wins in round 1? That doesn’t include those with Byes.

A

Im glad you’re not my boys coach. Not sure how I’d respond if they came home and told me their coach was a quitter.

Not to mention many of these teams will face other teams that have struggled in round 1. How bout we make a wager? At least 1 CBC team wins in round 1? That doesn’t include those with Byes.
Me too. You get a bye and then win a game, then lose the next and you don't have time to get your ten games in.

How'bout you list the games and we'll have a pickem contest.

A

1?
Way to aim high.