Centerville Elks 2021, 2022, 2023 State Champions

Well, they just won state without this mystery person.
Take nothing away from what they did this year but I've heard Cupps has been recruiting or at least attempting to recruit kids for years ... honestly I don't care one way or the other I've learned everyone is doing some sort of recruiting it's just some are way more discreet and slicker than others ... ??‍♂️

Take nothing away from what they did this year but I've heard Cupps has been recruiting or at least attempting to recruit kids for years ... honestly I don't care one way or the other I've learned everyone is doing some sort of recruiting it's just some are way more discreet and slicker than others ... ??‍♂️

I call BS on this! Cincy guy (with no Dayton connections) just trying to throw shade.

I call BS on this! Cincy guy (with no Dayton connections) just trying to throw shade.
Dayton area guy calling BS on recruiting players ... hawdy ha! Cincy guy with no Dayton connections??? Says who??? You'd be surprised who and what I know buddy and btw who says throwing shade nowadays???? No shade just facts my guy!!!
How do think this information just so happened to get all the way down 75South??? Well because people talk and people talk to people who are in the know.

Like I said I could care less most HS coaches are recruiting whether it's direct or indirect it's become a dirty part of the game that is being played and yes some are more discreet and slicker than others ... we'll revisit this post after the Prolifc Prep guy and family just so happened to move into the Centerville area without any knowledge of Cupps or have had any type of conversations with him or his "friends of the program" about attending Centerville ... it'll just be coincidence???? Yea ok.

Dayton area guy calling BS on recruiting players ... hawdy ha! Cincy guy with no Dayton connections??? Says who??? You'd be surprised who and what I know buddy and btw who says throwing shade nowadays???? No shade just facts my guy!!!
How do think this information just so happened to get all the way down 75South??? Well because people talk and people talk to people who are in the know.

Like I said I could care less most HS coaches are recruiting whether it's direct or indirect it's become a dirty part of the game that is being played and yes some are more discreet and slicker than others ... we'll revisit this post after the Prolifc Prep guy and family just so happened to move into the Centerville area without any knowledge of Cupps or have had any type of conversations with him or his "friends of the program" about attending Centerville ... it'll just be coincidence???? Yea ok.

My point is not whether a kid from another country is going to move into the Centerville school district and play for the Elks next season. Just like a family with a special needs kid is going to move into the district to utilize the programs Centerville schools provide or a kid that is MIT or Ivy League academically is going to move into the district. That may well happen.

The BS is the part I highlighted. That's why I highlighted it so you could follow it. Total BS for you (with no evidence) to imply Cupps and Centerville been "recruiting or attempting to recruit" for years. That's just total BS and you know it and that is the "shade" you're throwing.

My point is not whether a kid from another country is going to move into the Centerville school district and play for the Elks next season. Just like a family with a special needs kid is going to move into the district to utilize the programs Centerville schools provide or a kid that is MIT or Ivy League academically is going to move into the district. That may well happen.

The BS is the part I highlighted. That's why I highlighted it so you could follow it. Total BS for you (with no evidence) to imply Cupps and Centerville been "recruiting or attempting to recruit" for years. That's just total BS and you know it and that is the "shade" you're throwing.
As the ole moe saying goes, “build it and they will come.” Lol Bwahaha ?

Oh I followed it and I get it you're caping for him. I know of the group he won the title with this year quite well... they've been together since 2nd/3rd grade and he is a great coach he coaches hard and expects nothing less of his players to play hard and tough.

Direct and indirect recruiting is more common than any of us changing our underwear and plausible deniability is second behavior to some and that doesn't exclude your guy. So if a "friend of the program" approaches your guy and says hey this guy is looking to play with such and such or if he's recruited to play for such and such's AAU team and the discussion is sparked that he's looking to play for a HS and not a prep school anymore because he didn't enjoy their experience there then that conversation about him playing for such and such HS isn't discussed with the such and such????? Yeeeahhhhh aiiiiiggghhttt!!!!!

Congrats on the state title though that was one hell of a tourney run. Much Respect!!!

I lived in Centerville (Washington Township to be exact) back in the 1960s, and went to Centerville public schools from 5th grade to part of the 9th grade at Centerville HS. After moving to Centerville from southern Cal, I really put my focus on basketball. My dad made a basketball court in our backyard for me to practice, and I practiced a lot. My goal was to make the basketball team at Centerville. I did make the Freshman team, but our family moved away and back to California, on the weekend before the first Freshman game.

I played basketball in high school and college, and at 68 I'm still at it playing basketball (albeit YMCA basketball, but some good players do show up there).

So as you can probably tell, I really love basketball. So to see the Centerville ELKS win a state championship in basketball, I'm just filled with so much pride. I'm really super-charged enthusiastic about playing basketball now!

Last summer my backyard 3,060 square foot steel building was completed. I set up an area so I have an indoor area to practice basketball, and also a triangle shaped running track of rubber mats in there too. Eventually I plan on expanding the basketball court to be a larger area.

I have a nephew who wanted me to make a video of myself shooting baskets in my new steel building. So I made a video of my rebound return net that I set up while shooting. While I was shooting my 3 point shots (21 feet away) I started making a lot in a row, so I just kept the video going.

I think I got on that shooting streak, because I was just so inspired by watching Gabe Cupps, Tom House and everyone else for the ELKS coming through in that State Championship game. Just like I got inspired to play basketball when I was a kid living in Centerville.

I've attached a photo of me as a kid standing on the court my dad was building for me at our house in Centerville. I also attached a photo of the outside of my new steel building in my backyard where I'm living now, in the Seattle area.

Below I have a link you can click onto, to see the video clip where I connected on 53 out of 54 shots from 3 point distance. Wow, Go ELKS!

Attachments

• Me on centerville basektball court backyard.jpg
    Me on centerville basektball court backyard.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Steel building backyard sun.jpg
    Steel building backyard sun.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
If you win a State Title people come out of the woodwork and start making accusations. It's the downfall of being the best and Cville will have to deal with it because they could go on a historic run especially with Moe not being nearly as good as they have been this upcoming season.

You’re asking a Wayne guy about intangibles?
Just because he roots for the wrong team doesn't mean he doesn't value the aspiring core principles. Besides, having butted heads with him about football for the past 15 or so years, he's earned my respect...:)

Mike Sharavjamts that is transferring to Centerville is the same one that was a freshman at Legacy Christian as a freshman and the coach couldn’t find him a family to live with during that time so he would be ineligible the following year if he stayed. Him and his family have known people in the Dayton area since he went to Legacy his freshman year. So I am sure he already had a relationship with Cupps before. Plus he didn’t show out at Prolific Prep while there. When I watched them he didn’t play much at all actually.

Any truth to the rumor that former 6’10 Belmont player (Phillips) is being wooed by Cupps to move to Centerville? I heard he was unhappy at the prep school and Cupps is making a play for him. Also heard that Cupps is trying to get the good freshman from Preble Shawnee to move in. Wow.

Any truth to the rumor that former 6’10 Belmont player (Phillips) is being wooed by Cupps to move to Centerville? I heard he was unhappy at the prep school and Cupps is making a play for him. Also heard that Cupps is trying to get the good freshman from Preble Shawnee to move in. Wow.
If you have to ask “is there any truth to” then some people may call bs.

Phillips 6”10 will be at a Dayton public school this upcoming year. No way he will be at Centerville. Also Shrout is staying at PS. Family would have to move to Centerville or close by.

Some of you believe anything. Congrats to Centerville on their title but you don’t leave Prolific Prep and go to Centerville you do the opposite
There is some precedent for it working the other way ... sort of... Meechie Johnson was going to return to Garfield Heights for his senior year until the opportunity to play at OSU came into focus. Still, your point is well made. By far the typical scenario is that players do NOT return after moving on to an academy.

There is some precedent for it working the other way ... sort of... Meechie Johnson was going to return to Garfield Heights for his senior year until the opportunity to play at OSU came into focus. Still, your point is well made. By far the typical scenario is that players do NOT return after moving on to an academy.
You cant return somewhere you never been

If that Phillips kid does transfer back I could see why he would not go to Centerville, Cupps did not have much luck getting Big Mo to a high D1. Granted Phillips is better, but I would think twice about that track record with big men. Surprised he would not opt for Springfield.