Centerville Elks 2021, 2022, 2023 State Champions

Well, they just won state without this mystery person.
Take nothing away from what they did this year but I've heard Cupps has been recruiting or at least attempting to recruit kids for years ... honestly I don't care one way or the other I've learned everyone is doing some sort of recruiting it's just some are way more discreet and slicker than others ... 🤷🏻‍♂️

maravich

Take nothing away from what they did this year but I've heard Cupps has been recruiting or at least attempting to recruit kids for years ... honestly I don't care one way or the other I've learned everyone is doing some sort of recruiting it's just some are way more discreet and slicker than others ... 🤷🏻‍♂️
I call BS on this! Cincy guy (with no Dayton connections) just trying to throw shade.

I call BS on this! Cincy guy (with no Dayton connections) just trying to throw shade.
Dayton area guy calling BS on recruiting players ... hawdy ha! Cincy guy with no Dayton connections??? Says who??? You'd be surprised who and what I know buddy and btw who says throwing shade nowadays???? No shade just facts my guy!!!
How do think this information just so happened to get all the way down 75South??? Well because people talk and people talk to people who are in the know.

Like I said I could care less most HS coaches are recruiting whether it's direct or indirect it's become a dirty part of the game that is being played and yes some are more discreet and slicker than others ... we'll revisit this post after the Prolifc Prep guy and family just so happened to move into the Centerville area without any knowledge of Cupps or have had any type of conversations with him or his "friends of the program" about attending Centerville ... it'll just be coincidence???? Yea ok.

maravich

Dayton area guy calling BS on recruiting players ... hawdy ha! Cincy guy with no Dayton connections??? Says who??? You'd be surprised who and what I know buddy and btw who says throwing shade nowadays???? No shade just facts my guy!!!
How do think this information just so happened to get all the way down 75South??? Well because people talk and people talk to people who are in the know.

Like I said I could care less most HS coaches are recruiting whether it's direct or indirect it's become a dirty part of the game that is being played and yes some are more discreet and slicker than others ... we'll revisit this post after the Prolifc Prep guy and family just so happened to move into the Centerville area without any knowledge of Cupps or have had any type of conversations with him or his "friends of the program" about attending Centerville ... it'll just be coincidence???? Yea ok.
My point is not whether a kid from another country is going to move into the Centerville school district and play for the Elks next season. Just like a family with a special needs kid is going to move into the district to utilize the programs Centerville schools provide or a kid that is MIT or Ivy League academically is going to move into the district. That may well happen.

The BS is the part I highlighted. That's why I highlighted it so you could follow it. Total BS for you (with no evidence) to imply Cupps and Centerville been "recruiting or attempting to recruit" for years. That's just total BS and you know it and that is the "shade" you're throwing.

HardCorps

My point is not whether a kid from another country is going to move into the Centerville school district and play for the Elks next season. Just like a family with a special needs kid is going to move into the district to utilize the programs Centerville schools provide or a kid that is MIT or Ivy League academically is going to move into the district. That may well happen.

The BS is the part I highlighted. That's why I highlighted it so you could follow it. Total BS for you (with no evidence) to imply Cupps and Centerville been "recruiting or attempting to recruit" for years. That's just total BS and you know it and that is the "shade" you're throwing.
As the ole moe saying goes, “build it and they will come.” Lol Bwahaha 🤣

Oh I followed it and I get it you're caping for him. I know of the group he won the title with this year quite well... they've been together since 2nd/3rd grade and he is a great coach he coaches hard and expects nothing less of his players to play hard and tough.

Direct and indirect recruiting is more common than any of us changing our underwear and plausible deniability is second behavior to some and that doesn't exclude your guy. So if a "friend of the program" approaches your guy and says hey this guy is looking to play with such and such or if he's recruited to play for such and such's AAU team and the discussion is sparked that he's looking to play for a HS and not a prep school anymore because he didn't enjoy their experience there then that conversation about him playing for such and such HS isn't discussed with the such and such????? Yeeeahhhhh aiiiiiggghhttt!!!!!

Congrats on the state title though that was one hell of a tourney run. Much Respect!!!