Celina Bulldogs baseball opening

Thavoice

Any word on whom will be replacing Coach Mikesell who took an administrators position in the school?

The only name I have heard has been a Steinbrunner, who has been coaching at the youth levels the last number of years.

The program is in shambles at the lower levels and whomever gets that job will need to need to get to work post haste in rebuilding their youth programs.

I believe it all started to go downhill a few years ago when a number of the "travel" teams started up and stopped playing in the rec league. Those teams were pretty much as you expect, a few dads getting together and fielding teams of their sons and friends.
I want to say one of the teams was coached by a mom. Not that there is anything wrong with that, as she was an outstanding softball player in her day, but I am not sure how great it would translate...

The numbers in the program has plummeted over the last decade to embarrassing low numbers.

I do know that the Steinbrunner was the only one of the youth travel teams who published and had open tryouts for his teams instead of just a group of dads.
If he would get the job I have no doubt the kids, parents, administrators will have to have very thick skin.

They had a golden opportunity a number of years ago to hire a fantastic baseball mind. He did coach their ACME a couple of seasons and if he was the HC of T H E Celina Bulldogs I believe that program would be in fantastic shape from the youth levels on up.

Steinbrunner coached Fort's JV team several years ago when my son was a freshman. I liked him.

Is it for sure that Mikesell isn't coaching next year?