CBC 2021. (Central Buckeye Conference)

i would bet that the Alder job draws some real stud coaches. this is a very attractive job.

names to watch:
Nick Hajjar- North Union Head Coach
Shane Carter- Northwestern Head Coach (if he’s interested in moving towards Columbus)

are any OCC coaches alumni of Alder? they would make obvious candidates

I can't think of anyone else with Alder ties currently in the OCC

Previously mentioned is who I think will apply:

Joel Cutler ~ Bishop Ready
Kyle Cutler ~ London

Wild Card Pick: Donnie Nickey (Former Alder/OSU/Tenn. Titans). Recently moved back to Central Ohio, coached at the HS level after he retired. No source or information on this but it wouldn't surprise me to hear this name.

I can't think of anyone else with Alder ties currently in the OCC

Previously mentioned is who I think will apply:

Joel Cutler ~ Bishop Ready
Kyle Cutler ~ London

Wild Card Pick: Donnie Nickey (Former Alder/OSU/Tenn. Titans). Recently moved back to Central Ohio, coached at the HS level after he retired. No source or information on this but it wouldn't surprise me to hear this name.
i think Joel Cutler will absolutely be a candidate. Kyle would probably only bolt if it was looking really bad at London the next few years

Alder had a player go on to OSU? that’s awesome.

i think Joel Cutler will absolutely be a candidate. Kyle would probably only bolt if it was looking really bad at London the next few years

Alder had a player go on to OSU? that’s awesome.
Was on the National Championship team under Tressel. Started at safety that year.

Played 8 seasons with the Titans, primarily on special teams.

Heard the name Austin Morgan come up in conversation. Was on staff with Geron Stokes at Minster...to what capacity he coached I do not know. He is a Graham grad (2011? maybe 12). Also coaches on the Graham varsity basketball staff so it could be a logical fit. He has undoubtedly soaked up SOMETHING from the Minster culture and seems to be a logical fit.

Heard the name Austin Morgan come up in conversation. Was on staff with Geron Stokes at Minster...to what capacity he coached I do not know. He is a Graham grad (2011? maybe 12). Also coaches on the Graham varsity basketball staff so it could be a logical fit. He has undoubtedly soaked up SOMETHING from the Minster culture and seems to be a logical fit.
That would be a good hire.

Sounds like a good hire! Wonder if he is gunning for the Minster job or the Graham job. Young coach with ties to both programs, might be a hard decision. Are there any coaches at Graham that were on staff that didnt go with Cahill that would be up for it? I dont know much about Graham football, but guessing Cahill was the OC, so maybe a DC guy would step up

Sounds like a good hire! Wonder if he is gunning for the Minster job or the Graham job. Young coach with ties to both programs, might be a hard decision. Are there any coaches at Graham that were on staff that didnt go with Cahill that would be up for it? I dont know much about Graham football, but guessing Cahill was the OC, so maybe a DC guy would step up
Not sure how many on staff are staying around. Cahill called the defense for the falcons I believe. Word is his OC is off to the new school as well. The Minster tie has to be attractive to admins if they are football fans.

Any word on how the first round went at Graham? Also, any updates on the JA job, any names become a little more apparent over the weekend?

After the Holiday Weekend, lets get some info out there. Any names in the Graham or JA mix that are more up to date? Graham should have started 2nd round by now. I have heard Cutler from London for JA, what does that do for London?

After the Holiday Weekend, lets get some info out there. Any names in the Graham or JA mix that are more up to date? Graham should have started 2nd round by now. I have heard Cutler from London for JA, what does that do for London?
Does Joel Cutler want this job? Would have to think that it's a better job than Ready. Surprised to not hear his name.

Graham in final rounds this week and next I hear. Should have coach named within a week or two is my guess. Other than Austyin Morgan I still do not know anyone else involved.

Graham has final interviews soon. Several coaches with head coaching experience and college experience in the mix. Like always, it will come down to what teaching positions are available at Graham. Several good candidates - no teaching spots.

Seems like that it is hard for these smaller schools to align teaching and coaching jobs. In my opinion, in order to make a GREAT program and establish culture, you need the HC and a few teachers in the building. Hope it works out for them.

Seems like that it is hard for these smaller schools to align teaching and coaching jobs. In my opinion, in order to make a GREAT program and establish culture, you need the HC and a few teachers in the building. Hope it works out for them.
It is tougher because turnover for teachers seems to be lower in the smaller school areas. The teachers enjoy where they are at.
Plus, the smaller the school the less chance and $$ around to make up some position for the coach to occupy.

They are losing a tremendous athlete and QB. I heard he is also a solid baseball player as well? I will be honest, I have been extremely impressed with him as a leader with how he conducts himself. Hoping I get to see him on the diamond but I presume those leadership skills will transfer over to the baseball field as well.

It is tougher because turnover for teachers seems to be lower in the smaller school areas. The teachers enjoy where they are at.
Plus, the smaller the school the less chance and $$ around to make up some position for the coach to occupy.

They are losing a tremendous athlete and QB. I heard he is also a solid baseball player as well? I will be honest, I have been extremely impressed with him as a leader with how he conducts himself. Hoping I get to see him on the diamond but I presume those leadership skills will transfer over to the baseball field as well.
The outgoing senior class may be the best the school has seen in awhile. I did some digging and they have 3 players headed to Ashland university on scholarship. That is a very solid Division 2 football program. Per CBC website....they have some low numbers returning. King played QB for them and is uncommitted as far as I heard.

The King kid is probably by far the best athlete Graham has had since Nick VanHoose a decade ago who was a multi-year starter and all-Big Ten as a DB at Northwestern. I believe King was also a 1,000 point scorer in basketball, and if he fell short of that mark it was only due to an injury causing him to miss half or so of the season as a junior.

Graham has had to make a ton of cuts in recent years due to levy issues. The budget situation there is probably as tight as just about anywhere. I would think it would be difficult to bring someone in with a teaching position as creating a new job for that person (until another naturally opens up) is probably totally out of the question. They probably have to pluck someone who will continue to be employed in a neighboring district or they'll be hiring someone who is either a retiree or employed by other means.

Any word on Graham? I heard a rumor that this Austin guy is going to Covington. Also heard that Graham isn't offering teaching position with the HC job, that hurts!

Any word on Graham? I heard a rumor that this Austin guy is going to Covington. Also heard that Graham isn't offering teaching position with the HC job, that hurts!

How can you not offer a teaching job? It's so important to have someone in the building (or at least the school system).

That doesn't surprise me; they're broke. They don't currently have any open teaching jobs and in that community good luck trying to pass an operating levy for new dollars if you're creating new day jobs for coaches.

I'd add, due to the pandemic screwing up the last calendar year of school with all of the different learning models, IMO this year it's much more difficult than normal to "create space" by clearing out a younger teacher that doesn't have a continuing contract. Very few teachers anywhere are going to be "non-renewed" as with how inconsistent and challenging things have been for everyone it's probably just about impossible to give someone a negative performance review for this year.

Cannot just make something up. It isnt Massillon.
As big as we all make HS football out to be, it is still just HS football with a very small, modest salary that is not going to make many people pick up and leave their current situation.

Most HS HC positions are at the mercy of full time employment is almost every instance.

I get it, but it's also a position that probably involves the most students in the building (ok, Graham and wrestling may be the exception) from a sports perspective. I guess I am biased towards football, but to me it's a pretty important leadership position within a district. If I am a Super I try like hell to find a way to get a head coach in the building. But, that's me. I'm not one to follow "protocal."