CBC 2019. Who you got?

How does Indian Lake do this week? They lost at Riverside a year ago 21-7. Jacobs seems to be a one man show. Curious to see this one play out.

For bellefontaine fans how does this offensive line stack up with other really good teams lines? I know they were highly regarded coming into the year and will need to continue to play really well with them struggling to pass the ball
[/QUOTE
We will not know until we play another team who can match our line. If and when they come across a team that can. It will probably be the same result as Wapak. Everyone already knows if you stop the run against us we will be on the ropes. One thing for sure is Bellefontaine can not hand the ball off to Gross 30 plus times every week. Bellefontaine Qb was able to connect on some 5-10 yard quick passes against Sidney they will need him to build off of that.

I suspect London,Shawnee,Alder will test Bellefontaine's line.

Oakwood was a good team with a lot of speed. Miami East just couldn’t match Milton’s speed and athleticism.Van Noord is a concern due to MU struggling with Pass protection. I’m sure NW will take advantage of youth in our secondary. I wouldn’t be surprised if Milton doesn’t try to control the ball with long drives to keep the ball out of VanNoords hands.
This should be a high scoring good game. Defense is going to win this game.

Defensive game plan is pretty simple for Milton IMO -- just avoid giving up multiple explosive plays. Kick/punt returns, go routes, tunnel/bubble screens, jets/sweeps. I haven't seen much evidence to this point that NW can really sustain a drive and grind out a score on a somewhat consistent basis. From the scrimmage and game I've seen it's a big play offense at this point. Despite dominating the scoreboard their first two games they basically split TOP with Southeastern and Northeastern.

It could be easier said than done though. I have a feeling that the Van Noord kid for NW is going to have a HUGE year. I'm interested in seeing how this one goes and how effective NW is at utilizing him against a higher quality opponent. Height, build and athleticism he kind of reminds me of Van Hoose from Graham 8-10 years ago. Depending on how things go, I'm interested in seeing if at some point this year they do what Graham did back in those days when they moved Van Hoose from WR to RB to maximize his touches.

VanHoose was a great athlete. MU lacks in size overall. They rely mostly on speed. Pearce is a great coach and an offensive genius, IMHO. The Lovin kid from MU is a stud and can turn a broken play into an 80-yard TD.
I can see them putting Lovin on VanNoord to matchup athletic ability and speed.
Northwestern is the best team we will face to-date. Excellent speed, size abundant skill. This one makes me nervous, to be honest.

Long way to go, but as I attested to way back at the beginning of this thread I think London has more collective firepower than anyone and it will play itself out as the year goes along.

I think TNT is most likely correct with presuming North Union the favorite in the Mad River.

London has had one of the worst opening schedules in the state of Ohio. Let’s see how they perform against some competition before we jump to such presumptuous conclusions.

Columbus Academy is usually pretty good, and I'd be surprised if London doesn't beat them by at least 2-3 TDs. The schedule to this point is what it is. Urbana is a longtime rival for them, and another rival ended their series, at least for the time being, resulting in them playing the club team last week before getting a much better opponent in that slot next year.

London lost their primary ball carriers from last year, but otherwise they've returned a ton of experience from a team that pretty much demolished everyone except for D2 Whitehall (9-2, somewhat competitive losses to Westerville Central and Massillon) and D4 state champ Wyoming.

I’m not denying that London is likely the favorite. I’m just saying that you can’t crown them champions after 2 cupcake opponents. There are several solid teams that London will have to go through.

Big game for Alder tonight. Bloom Carroll looks like a pretty solid team coming off there 1st playoff appearance last season. A ton of returners back for the bulldogs. There defense looks like the real deal. They will have to play sound football to come home with a win tonight and force some mistakes on the BC side. Very good test early in the season, a win would really help them for playoff points down the road. Region 11 looks to be a pretty solid group of teams with Granville, Hartley, London, Tri Valley, Watterson, Jackson and Zanesville. With London, North Union, Shawnee and Bellefontaine left on the schedule it will be tough sledding if they lose tonight.

Is that the same Bellefontaine team that has given up 72 points in 2 weeks?
Lol Sidney would score 30+ on everyone in the CBC and wapak would beat everyone 14+. Bellefontaine is the 2nd best team in the CBC as far as talent behind London but it’s not that big of a difference. Bellefontaine schedules teams that make them better for league not cupcake games to get fake confidence. London vs bellefontaine week 9 will be for all the marbles including a home playoff game

I look for Indian Lake to go to 2-1 on the season after tonight.
The Lakers will play Anna from the MAC next year, lucky for them the Rockets lose a ton and ILs QB will be back.

It's 62, not 72. They've played a playoff DIII team and a DII team. Not that big of a deal if you ask me.

They were up 34-7 against Sidney at halftime and they put on airplane mode and won 42-34. They gave up 28 to Wapakoneta. People love throwing up numbers without context

Lake 7 -0 after 1 and in a lightening delay.

IL QB was suspended for the first qtr due to a reported social media video posted about their opponent.

Now, what do you do? IL is in the middle of a 45 yard drive with their backup QB, and the qtr is over. What do you do as a coach? Let the backup finish the drive or the starter?

The starter put his helmet on and looked like he expects to come in at the qtr change.

I vote for keeping the backup in, you start the drive, it's yours!

Last edited:
Milton-Union defeats Northwestern 27-21. Northwestern is an extremely talented and well-coached team. Best of luck going forward.

The CBC championship is week 4 between North Union and London with London winning big. There, I said it.
Not sure I agree after this past week. North Union lost to Heath in a head scratcher giving up a 20pt lead. Got to believe North Union will refocus and give London a solid game. Still favor London but it should be a good one.

I think Alder and Bellefontaine should not be overlooked as contenders. Bellefontaine get's to host London home and the Alder/London game will be a rivalry game where anything can happen. Alder/Bellefontaine both are capable of playing solid defense. London will eventually need to pass at some point this year to win games. Can either of these teams force them to pass? Looking forward to conference play!