CAVS 2022-2023

And that was one of those typical NBA games that even with the Sixers up as much as they were, you generally see the other team come back. There are so many possessions in NBA games that you always have time to come back. The Sixers have a tendacy to play hard only when they need to. The way Harden started out it looked like he was going to have a monster night. The think I like about the Sixers this year is with Harden and Embiid, you have two guys who can score, but also get to the line and make their free throws. Down the stretch that's important.
The key for the Sixers is to keep Embid healthy as he is a force in the 4th quarter. He bangs on bigs all game long and then when they are tired he can get that extra step and just blow past the defender and either get an easy basket or a trip to the free throw line for an one. The Cavs were playing great lock down defense in the 4th but with a couple mins left in a crucial possession Embid made a key turn around jumper from 15 that was an absolute killer. He can also clog up the middle on defense because... Harden on the other can be a defensive liability if he gets switched to a guy that has any sort of offensive game, it's like almost an automatic path to the basket for his man that is being checked. Also of note in this game is the Sixers made plenty of trips to the free throw line and were 27 of 29, that is Warriors like.

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Heat are a frontrunner to sign Love. However, he plans on talking to the 76ers before making a decision.

Before Love fully embraces his next team, he wants the people of Cleveland to know he always appreciated their support.

"I'll have more to say soon but want to get this off my chest," Love wrote. "To the people of Cleveland and all of Ohio. I f---ing LOVE you…and always will. Thank you for everything. More to come."

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Heat are a frontrunner to sign Love. However, he plans on talking to the 76ers before making a decision.

Before Love fully embraces his next team, he wants the people of Cleveland to know he always appreciated their support.

"I'll have more to say soon but want to get this off my chest," Love wrote. "To the people of Cleveland and all of Ohio. I f---ing LOVE you…and always will. Thank you for everything. More to come."
Love going to an Eastern contender doesn’t sit well with me and really opens the Cavs up to some potential fan and media backlash if they lose to the Heat or Sixers and Love contributes anything at all.

This debate is stupid … the trade is a win-win … both teams got what they wanted … the Cavs got a legitimate superstar and raised their ceiling … the Jazz got a quick start on their reset … the bottom line is Garland will be with the Cavs for a long time, as stater helping them be a serious contender … Sexton, I like, I defended him on here, but he is just an asset for the Jazz … who will trade him in a year or so to a contender where he will do what he does best, a scorer off the bench … so let’s move on … stop indulging Brian!

I think the Cavs are in a good place … there second half schedule is very favorable … especially after the first week or so … the Cavs have already played 61 games … 76ers have only played 57 … that means the Cavs will get four more off nights … they have only one set of back to back games … and that’s the first two games after the All-Star break … the 76ers have four … at this point in the season these are huge … it will help them avoid the end of season collapse that happened last season … my bet is they will end up in the 3 spot in the playoffs and end up playing the Nets or Knicks in the first round … go Cavs!

I don’t like this … I believe that Love will find himself in Miami and be a productive off the bench … he will give the Heat much more than Wade will with the Cavs … just have a feeling we will regret this come playoff time … especially if the Cavs get any injuries to their bigs.

I think I would have preferred Love over Danny Green, but I'm glad he's getting the chance to play again - it was a shame having him on the bench the past few months, but he really didn't fit into their rotation anymore.

Nothing but respect for Kevin - he went through some tough times with the franchise, but never complained (at least nothing publicly). A class act. :)

This is the case where change of scenery will probably help the player. Love was in one of the worst slumps of his career and even with rest he just couldn't get out of it with the Cavs. Maybe he will regain his touch in Miami and if so will contribute to a team that is a tough playoff out due to their defense and the tough match up that Jimmy Butler brings to the court. Remember that LY they were the #1 seed heading into the playoffs and lost a 7 game series to the Celtics in the Conference finals. Great Coach that will get this team ready for the playoffs too. I expect them to move up to the 5th seed and get the young Cavs in the 1st round and probably beat them with a Love 3 pointer in OT.

Interesting.

So in games played between Cleveland, Milwaukee, Philly and Boston, only Cleveland has a winning record (5-3). And the Cavs have the easiest remaining schedule of the four top teams. And the Cavs have the fewest back-to-back games.

Hmmm. Stay healthy guys, this is shaping up pretty well...

Interesting.

So in games played between Cleveland, Milwaukee, Philly and Boston, only Cleveland has a winning record (5-3). And the Cavs have the easiest remaining schedule of the four top teams. And the Cavs have the fewest back-to-back games.

Three of the wins…two Boston and a Milwaukee…were very early in the season. Since then it’s been a struggle to beat a legit contender. Happened again tonight at home versus Denver.

So, my only concern with the Love parting was how would the team play after. Not that it would have mattered because once you request a buyout, it's time to separate. But, only 3 games in, 2 post buyout, 2 post break, 3 post when request was made, and I have concerns of if he may have offered more moral support than we realized

Interesting.

This, unfortunately, is not aging well so far. Not the way you want to start the stretch run. The teams that have tasted the playoffs recently know the intensity ratchets up this time of the season. The Cavs better realize it soon, or they won’t beat any playoff-level team down the stretch.

Postgame, Bickerstaff said the same thing many of us are thinking about the Cavs down the stretch. The teams that have been there before, even the Hawks, understand the intensity and focus required at this time of year in the NBA. It’s go time, but the Cavs are stuck in low gear. They need to realize everything ramps up ten notches from the pre-All Star game/load management sleepwalk that occurs in the 60 games prior to the break.

Donovan mitchell trade destroyed this team.
That's not the problem. The problem stems from last year's team not making the actual playoffs. Most of the team still has no idea how to dial it up to match the other good teams that understand everything from this point on jumps up in intensity as it builds to the playoffs...then it jumps up one more level. That's why last season, though good, was ultimately a wasted opportunity. The NBA championship path is a growth process. Very few teams jump from the bottom to the top quickly. It typically happens incrementally. Without Mitchell the Cavs wouldn't be in the top four in the East. I also question whether JB is the coach that can lead them to the promised land, or just a coach who is good at building the foundation.

Watched the game last night in a bar with a guy that played in the MAC and he made mention that Mitchell & Garland get the Lebron "Stanky Leg" thing going on in the 4th and it is up to JB to correct that ASAP, ball movement is almost non-existent and the offense is too predictable. But his biggest callout is on defense, the protect the paint thing at all cost is also becoming a problem. In the NBA sharp-shooters can hit open 3s at a 50+% clip and that is what happened the past three games. So guys don't get easy drives to the hoop but they kick the ball out and that is how a decent but not great Saddiq Bey goes 5-8 from behind the arc.

Judging a team by one particular NBA regular season game stupid … first off the schedules are so wildly different and players taking night off at different times … then just throw in basketball where one night a team shoot over 50% from 3 … the next game they shoot 25% … last night the Hawks were hot and couldn’t miss … and the Cavs were emotionally drained from the Denver game … not surprised by the outcome … disappointed yes … but not surprised.

The Cavs will go on a run soon … their schedule gets remarkably easier … no more back to backs and they only have to play 20 more games … the rest of the contenders play more … Philly still has 25 games to play … that means much more rest for them … I am encouraged by what I have seen lately … Mobley is really starting to figure it out … just needs to be more consistent (especially his shooting) … this is big for the Cavs … the biggest concerns for me is their 3 point shooting and their 3 point shooting defense … the games they lose is almost always because of those two things … they need to tighten up their perimeter defense … giving too much help in the paint and leaving shooters wide open for 3

Judging a team by one particular NBA regular season game stupid … first off the schedules are so wildly different and players taking night off at different times … then just throw in basketball where one night a team shoot over 50% from 3 … the next game they shoot 25% … last night the Hawks were hot and couldn’t miss … and the Cavs were emotionally drained from the Denver game … not surprised by the outcome … disappointed yes … but not surprised.

The Cavs will go on a run soon … their schedule gets remarkably easier … no more back to backs and they only have to play 20 more games … the rest of the contenders play more … Philly still has 25 games to play … that means much more rest for them … I am encouraged by what I have seen lately … Mobley is really starting to figure it out … just needs to be more consistent (especially his shooting) … this is big for the Cavs … the biggest concerns for me is their 3 point shooting and their 3 point shooting defense … the games they lose is almost always because of those two things … they need to tighten up their perimeter defense … giving too much help in the paint and leaving shooters wide open for 3
Same MAC guy had Hawks in this one and was betting the house. His simple math formula>

Hawks 1st game after the all star break
+ Cavs on the road in a back to back after an emotion draining game the night before
+ Hawks players looking to give good guy temp coach a W
=
Bad Cavs L

Wow, I was gone from yappi for over a month and I see nothing has changed. Brian still trolling. I used my month off to build him a suite off of my Ignore Lounge and it's open house is today!

This team lost a trap game after losing a close one to the team with the second best record in the NBA.. Whoopty freakin' doo. Not the end of the world.

Every GM in the NBA would tell you that the Cavs are better today than they were a year ago. Over 2/3rds of them would give up their starting point guard for Garland.