CAVS 2022-2023

I'd take the Cavs minus whatever points they're giving tonight...

326180888_890118615744807_582759141515342822_n.jpg

Lose at home to the JV team of a 500 team, allowing 120 points 🤣

Absolutely pathetic.

Bucks by 25 tomorrow.

Really embarrassing. But a key problem with this team was very much amplified in this game, poor perimeter defense. Garland & Mitchel look like they just aren't giving the effort on that side of the court, Lavert doesn't use his brain and seems to always be out of place, and the 3s are too slow to rotate when they have to guard outside shooting wings in the half court. Looks like the book is out on how to score on CLE and it is now up to the staff to find an answer to keep other teams from having season best shooting days when they play the Cavs.

Really embarrassing. But a key problem with this team was very much amplified in this game, poor perimeter defense. Garland & Mitchel look like they just aren't giving the effort on that side of the court, Lavert doesn't use his brain and seems to always be out of place, and the 3s are too slow to rotate when they have to guard outside shooting wings in the half court. Looks like the book is out on how to score on CLE and it is now up to the staff to find an answer to keep other teams from having season best shooting days when they play the Cavs.
I’m also not sure JB is the coach that will take the Cavs to the top of the mountain. Maybe he can, but sometimes the coach that gets the team competitive just isn’t good enough to get them to the ring.

I think Mobley figured it out … he had been trying to post up … and was getting pushed around by the bigger guys … for last few games he has been using his speed to get around them instead … he is much faster than most of the other bigs …38 pts tonight … if he keeps this up, its going to make the Cavs real tough.

Once again an outsider shooter has a great 3 point evening against the Cavs, this is very much a reoccurring theme this season. Also when the geezer brigade, Love & Rubio, comes in together off the bench the offensive pace slows to a crawl and is becoming a problem, usually bench guys provide a spark but not this group.

I'm sure if the Knicks sucked bad enough to have half a million top 5 picks over the past dozen years their future would look bright too.
They have. They just keep trading away picks, or making the wrong picks. They haven’t done anything since Pat Riley, John Starks and Anthony Mason were there.

Late January loss in NYC to start a road stand following a back-to-back home stand against Golden State and Milwaukee. File this one away in the who cares column, and I bet they had multiple players more interested in hitting the Manhattan clubs and partying than they were in playing this pre all-star break game.

My main concern about the Cavs is the coach. My gut feeling is JB is a good coach to work with a young team and instill some good things, but that he’s not going to be the coach when this team ever makes real noise in the playoffs. And I’m not calling for him to be fired. How the team plays the rest of the way and in the playoffs will tell us a lot about his long term capabilities. As I said, though, my gut sees him as the Doug Collins before the Phil Jackson.

My main concern about the Cavs is the coach. My gut feeling is JB is a good coach to work with a young team and instill some good things, but that he’s not going to be the coach when this team ever makes real noise in the playoffs. And I’m not calling for him to be fired. How the team plays the rest of the way and in the playoffs will tell us a lot about his long term capabilities. As I said, though, my gut sees him as the Doug Collins before the Phil Jackson.

I tend to agree. All the talent is there, but down the stretch in some of these big games, there seems to be no real direction from JB, especially on the offensive end. They've had some really bad possessions in big situations.

Lauri and sexton combined so much better and draft picks ithan donovan.This trade will set back cavs from title contention for5 years.
I like that you’ve now started including Lauri in your rants about the trade after realizing how average Sexton is.

Word is, yet another star is going to be resting on a visit to Cleveland. Sounds like Ja Morant isn't playing tonight.

Edited: That might have been an unfounded rumor earlier today - at last check, it appears he will be available to play tonight.

Last edited:
Word is, yet another star is going to be resting on a visit to Cleveland. Sounds like Ja Morant isn't playing tonight.

Edited: That might have been an unfounded rumor earlier today - at last check, it appears he will be available to play tonight.
They are on the 2nd night of back to backs so still possible he sits or another decent Griz player.

Huge game from Garland. And Mobley keeps getting better every game it seems.

Can’t fault Mitchell for what he did. Dude is fighting a strained groin and gets intentionally hit in the nuts. Justifiably pissed off.

Ricky Rubio has shaken off the rust and now making the entire second unit better … now I would like to see KLove come back strong … would make the Cavs tough to beat.