CAVS 2022-2023

Cavs have 1 guy that can consistently score (Sexton)...in a league that's all about scoring...and they choose not to extend his rookie contract. Interested to see what they do here. I'm not sure he's worth a max contract either, but what's the plan?

I watched the 1st half last night and while the team flashed on the offensive side they looked to have no interest on the defensive side of the court. In particular the guards were non-existent and Lauri Markkanen looked like his feet were in cement and on any switch faster players just blew right by him. Mobley and Allen looked good in the front court but that would have been great in 1990, in 2021 you need athletic wings and the Cavs are severely lacking at that position. I see them in the 25-30 win range unless they make a big trade.

Like Auggie said, SexLand had zero interest in playing defense in the 1st half. In the 2nd half they showed a bit more interest and the Cavs had a chance late in the game. Rubio had a couple bad turnovers late and we gave up a killer 3 that ended our chances. We do have some pieces/parts, and Mobley had a pretty decent debut.

No perimeter defense at all from this group. I would not be surprised if all opponents average around 50% from three at the end of the season.

I haven't watched any yet, but I feel concerned defensively about lineups and rotations. Against anyone with athleticism at the wing spots you can't play Markkanen at the 3 with a combination of SexLand and Rubio at the guard spots for long periods of time. The game is now about scoring, but they have to play Okoro starter minutes whether he starts or comes off the bench to try to make their perimeter defense halfway credible.

Okoro's minutes from the first few games need to go up from 26-27 minutes to 32-33 minutes, with Markkanen getting more of his minutes at the 4. This would help some, but this team still needs another wing player with better length and athleticism.

Last edited:
Just watched the Cavs dominate the Clippers for their third straight win. Again, Mobley is going to be a franchise changing player. I do not want to get rid of Sexton. He can score and his game is maturing. Garland and Allen are playing well. Markannan is an interesting piece, but not sold on him yet. Ricky Rubio is the MVP. His maturity and ability to control the game down the stretch is just what the Cavs needed. This could be a fun season.

The Clippers looked like they were the team that was playing on the opposite coast last night. NBA early season games are arguably the worst in any pro sport.

Saw the replay of the Clipper game and was surprised at the energy from the Cavs,man on the long road trip with that strong performance the Clippers looked sorry...BAM!

Last night is a prime example of why so many sports fans don't watch the NBA. The amount of calls that LA got based on "experience" was a joke.

Cavs have 1 guy that can consistently score (Sexton)...in a league that's all about scoring...and they choose not to extend his rookie contract. Interested to see what they do here. I'm not sure he's worth a max contract either, but what's the plan?

The plan is to trade him.

When LeBron grabbed Allen on the baseline and the cavs got called for holding. When LeBron trucked lauri in the lane, shoulder down, and cavs were called for a block. Female ref on the top of the screen was calling charge, and the guy over ruled her.

Lebron gets under your skin does he? lol

Lebron gets under your skin does he? lol
he got under my skin when he played in Cleveland too. He's an incredible talent and I personally think he's the best to ever play the game. I just dislike the whining, which seems to get a little worse every year. And all the great players do it.