CAVS 2021-2022

brian1227

Da
Is that the same Sexton that you told us would lead the Cavs to a championship within 4 years?

Posted by brian on July 2, 2018:

Cavs make playoffs it a lock cedi will play, lebron hortible defense is gone, run a resl offense.Collin sexton will lead cavs to nba title by 2021.

Or this gem on July 15, 2018-

Cedi osman is alot better than you think, lebron a loss,sexton is the key to a nba title.

Colin is currently averaging 13 points a game backing up career backup Jordan Clarkson.
His team is better then the cavs.it was a baD trade.

clarkgriswold

Da

His team is better then the cavs.it was a baD trade.
10 games don't make a season. Talk to me after 82 games. Danny Ainge is building the Jazz for the future. He's traded off every decent commodity he had for picks. Even he doesn't believe the Jazz are the better team.

Auggie

10 games don't make a season. Talk to me after 82 games. Danny Ainge is building the Jazz for the future. He's traded off every decent commodity he had for picks. Even he doesn't believe the Jazz are the better team.
Danny Ainge has a ton of fan boys in the media that think his stuff doesn't stink but he needs this Jazz team to actually tank as the picks he got from the Cavs & Wolves will probably be in the late teens and 20s and not give him the capital to go and get a dynamic player(s) that is needed to succeed in the NBA. No team in the top 5 would trade out for a pick in the late teens and a bunch in the 20s. Now if the Jazz's actual pick was in the 8-12 range he could package those acquired assets to move up 3 or 4 spots to get a guy that has serious upside but may be missing 1 thing to keep him out of the top couple of picks that never get traded. Right now they are setting up for that mid teen treadmill that many in the NBA say is the worst place to reside.

I do like Lauri Markkanen and always thought he could fit in a place as a 4 with a solid 5 providing him cover in the paint defensively. His issue in CLE is Mobley really is a 4 and he was out of position as a 3 and Love was the back up 4. Sexton can turn things around but has the same game as Garland and it appears Garland looks to be the better prospect of the two. We shall see as both are young and just coming into form.

clarkgriswold

Danny Ainge has a ton of fan boys in the media that think his stuff doesn't stink but he needs this Jazz team to actually tank as the picks he got from the Cavs & Wolves will probably be in the late teens and 20s and not give him the capital to go and get a dynamic player(s) that is needed to succeed in the NBA. No team in the top 5 would trade out for a pick in the late teens and a bunch in the 20s. Now if the Jazz's actual pick was in the 8-12 range he could package those acquired assets to move up 3 or 4 spots to get a guy that has serious upside but may be missing 1 thing to keep him out of the top couple of picks that never get traded. Right now they are setting up for that mid teen treadmill that many in the NBA say is the worst place to reside.

I do like Lauri Markkanen and always thought he could fit in a place as a 4 with a solid 5 providing him cover in the paint defensively. His issue in CLE is Mobley really is a 4 and he was out of position as a 3 and Love was the back up 4. Sexton can turn things around but has the same game as Garland and it appears Garland looks to be the better prospect of the two. We shall see as both are young and just coming into form.
I do think Sexton is a decent player but the record demonstrates Garland is the better all-around and more valuable player as he is also a distributor of the ball and at least attempts to play defense.

wolves82

I do think Sexton is a decent player but the record demonstrates Garland is the better all-around and more valuable player as he is also a distributor of the ball and at least attempts to play defense.
For sure. I posted a few times that I wish the Cavs had them both, because Sexton can be dynamic scorer off the bench. But only Sexton's Mom and brian1227 think he is better than Garland.

clarkgriswold

For sure. I posted a few times that I wish the Cavs had them both, because Sexton can be dynamic scorer off the bench. But only Sexton's Mom and brian1227 think he is better than Garland.
I think he could be a very good 6th man, instant offense off of the bench, a la Vinny Johnson back in the day.

cjb5656

Mitchell is a different type of player than they’ve had in recent years. A superstar, which they haven’t had since LBJ and Kyrie. It’s going to take a while for him to fit in with them and vice versa. They’ll get there. Not worried at all.

brian1227

Mitchell is a different type of player than they’ve had in recent years. A superstar, which they haven’t had since LBJ and Kyrie. It’s going to take a while for him to fit in with them and vice versa. They’ll get there. Not worried at all.
Inam.very worried defense is awful.

Auggie

It must be a miserable existence to wait for "your teams" to lose and then bash them on a message board, but never post when they win. Cavs are a much different team without Jarrett Allen on the floor, hopefully he's back soon.
While Allen is an important cog arguably the Cavs are a legit top 5 team if their 3 can hit an open jumper. Against Toronto Okoror and Lavert were 3-20 for 10 points in a bad loss, against the 76ers they were 13-19 for 33 points in a blow out win. The Cavs really don't have much in trade assets at this time so I don't see them trading for a 3 that can hit an open jumper as that may be the single most desirable player in the NBA currently.

OldSoulon

It must be a miserable existence to wait for "your teams" to lose and then bash them on a message board, but never post when they win. Cavs are a much different team without Jarrett Allen on the floor, hopefully he's back soon.
Plus Love has been out, he's a great 6th man.

CantonKid

The Lakers-Cavs game on the 6th should be a good one. The Lakers have won 8 out of 10 and are playing with good chemistry. And Anthony Davis has really come alive. He has scored 44 and 55 points in his last 2 games. He has also scored in the high 30's a couple other games. Davis is also 1st in the league in rebounds and 3rd in blocked shots. He is also playing great defense.

Raymo

The Lakers-Cavs game on the 6th should be a good one. The Lakers have won 8 out of 10 and are playing with good chemistry. And Anthony Davis has really come alive. He has scored 44 and 55 points in his last 2 games. He has also scored in the high 30's a couple other games. Davis is also 1st in the league in rebounds and 3rd in blocked shots. He is also playing great defense.
They will need JA back to win against Hollywood...BAM!

Auggie

Jump shooters have been too streaky as of late, need more than Mobley to provide points in the paint when outside shots are not falling.