CAVS 2022-2023

Cedi's message:

I grew up dreaming of becoming a basketball player. Writing these words today, I remember each and every minute we spent in the last 6 seasons with proud and happiness. To the fans: I've always been happy to be a part of this family. You opened your arms and welcomed me as one of your own. Thank you so much for the boundless love you have shown me since the first day I stepped into the NBA. You will remain in the most special place of my heart. To the organization: Cleveland Cavaliers made my dreams come true. You have shown me nothing but love and for that, I will be grateful forever. All the management team, coaches, technical staff that I worked with and all my colleagues whose names I forgot to mention, I love you all from the bottom of my heart. To my teammates: Thank you to each and every one of you. I will always miss the team spirit we built on and off the court. I will keep an eye on all of you guys, and will always be proud of your achievements. Thank you Cleveland! #TheFirstCedi

Had this brought up to me by someone I was talking with today...

Imagine being told a few years ago that eventually Emoni Bates would make a rookie summer league debut for your team...and most wouldn't care if they even noticed at all.

Really weird journey and fall to this point for that kid.

Hadn't seen this posted anywhere, but I noticed yesterday that Mike Bothwell is playing for the Cavs summer league team.

Played prep hoops at Cornerstone Christian in Willoughby.

Summer League all-league:

First team:

Second team:

No middle or sidecourt players.

Always better to win than lose, but there is nobody on the Cavs summer league team of any importance other than Emoni Bates. Mobley will be a solid end of bench guy that keeps his brother happy in CLE. The rest are nobodies. Except Bates and he flashes plenty of intriguing talent. A year of polishing his game and toughening his mind and body in the G League should mold him into an eventual starter for the Cavs.

Kind of neat going undefeated and winning the summer league, but getting rings is laughable.

Overwhelmingly guys showcasing for G-League teams and major European country "A" league spots. Strongly agree Bates is the only one with any chance of playing meaningful minutes for the Cavs (after 1-2 years with the Charge), with I. Mobley taking up an end of the bench spot.

Kind of neat going undefeated and winning the summer league, but getting rings is laughable.

Overwhelmingly guys showcasing for G-League teams and major European country "A" league spots. Strongly agree Bates is the only one with any chance of playing meaningful minutes for the Cavs (after 1-2 years with the Charge), with I. Mobley taking up an end of the bench spot.
I would mostly agree … none will ever be a key players … but several could develop into role players off the bench … for example Sam Merrill will start outside the rotation, but could get a chance because of injury … and he has a skill (shooting) that could make him valuable … a cheaper version of Max Strus … I am not saying it will happen, but Max Strus is proof that a person with a single skill can be a contributor to a good team … I. Mobley, Luke Travers, or even K. Diop all could develop into role players off the bench if given a chance and then take advantage of it to find a role … might not be this year, but maybe down the road.