Carnivore Diet

Why? What benefits stem from cutting out fruits and vegetables?

I can't imagine any from cutting veggies. Minimizing fruit sugars may be good for some, but OBCDEFG is too skinny, methinks, so who cares about that.

If he eats all meat and cheese only, he'll be a mess.

Last edited:
Anyone tried this? Animal products only. Think I might give it a go for the gainz. I like steak a lot

Or try this, too -

Get a double-pack eye of round from Costco. Or a rib roast for more fat. When you get home, rub it with cracked pepper, crushed fresh rosemary and garlic, and lots of sea salt. Rub it in good and bag each one. Toss them in the fridge, at least over night.

Pull one out the next day, and let it warm up at least an hour in the bag. Pre-heat the oven to 500. Put on an open rack on a tray or pan in the oven, and turn it down to 475. Cook it 7 minutes per pound, and then shut the oven off. Don't open the door for 2 hours. Take it out and slice thinly. Meat candy, good cold. Extra sammiches, whatever. Eat eveything else you do and add that. Add more eggs, olive or avocado oils, and oats, too. Get a lipid panel done annually, too, especially if there are cholesterol issues in your fam.

Last edited:
I've been eating keto since 12/21 and have dropped over 50 lbs. Unfortunately, I've also dropped 100 lbs on my bench press too. Great for cutting fat but not great for strength and muscle.

Have noticed that I'm much more alert and sleep better. Have tried to get around the low/no carb (for the workouts) by drinking maltodextrin spiked protein shakes pre-workout. Still stay in ketosis but it helps the energy for the workouts.

I've been eating keto since 12/21 and have dropped over 50 lbs. Unfortunately, I've also dropped 100 lbs on my bench press too. Great for cutting fat but not great for strength and muscle.

Have noticed that I'm much more alert and sleep better. Have tried to get around the low/no carb (for the workouts) by drinking maltodextrin spiked protein shakes pre-workout. Still stay in ketosis but it helps the energy for the workouts.

Your body could even be "eating" peripheral striated muscle to support your heart and diaphagm - smooth muscle.

You can't argue with the weight loss of keto, but it's a little scary. It's kind of self-induced malnutrition. I don't doubt you've considered this, but I hope you aren't skipping any Dr visits, and that your Dr orders enough advanced blood testing. Be sure he or she knows what you are doing.

I have eaten horse before, not in this country though bc horse slaughter for some stupid reason is illegal.

It is just ok.

Someone I know tried to name a horse filly cheese steak. Jockey club didnt approve LOL

Whatever the case, I'm glad you caught my dumb pun and didn't assume I was a bad speller. Not surprising in the least that it's an old joke.

Saw a storage auction show in which they had a horse's head sculpture from France that had been displayed in front of a place that served horse meat. Apparently such "busts" are or were a requirement.

BUMP

I eat a decent amount of meat but haven't come close to committing 100% to this diet. My 1st post contained a bit of sarcasm (surprising) and I'm skeptical I could actually gain weight trying this diet... If I was trying to lose weight I would definitely give it a go for a month or so to see what happens. Why not?

I am very intrigued to hear if anyone here has tried it...

Or try this, too -

Get a double-pack eye of round from Costco. Or a rib roast for more fat. When you get home, rub it with cracked pepper, crushed fresh rosemary and garlic, and lots of sea salt. Rub it in good and bag each one. Toss them in the fridge, at least over night.

Pull one out the next day, and let it warm up at least an hour in the bag. Pre-heat the oven to 500. Put on an open rack on a tray or pan in the oven, and turn it down to 475. Cook it 7 minutes per pound, and then shut the oven off. Don't open the door for 2 hours. Take it out and slice thinly. Meat candy, good cold. Extra sammiches, whatever. Eat eveything else you do and add that. Add more eggs, olive or avocado oils, and oats, too. Get a lipid panel done annually, too, especially if there are cholesterol issues in your fam.
The eye of round or rib roast sounds legit. Will definitely give that a go. Avocados and olive oil are my staples. Chocolate milk is the real key.

Owsley “Bear” Stanley, most famously known as the primary supplier of LSD to the San Francisco scene in the '60s as well as the sound engineer for the Grateful Dead, was also known for his carnivore diet. Here is a great story on this topic:

"In February 1966, Owsley and the Dead moved to Los Angeles for another series of Acid Tests. Owsley rented a pink stucco house in Watts, next door to a brothel, where they all lived together. For the Dead, the good news was that they now had nothing to do all day but jam. The bad news was that since Owsley was paying the rent, he expected them to adhere to his unconventional ideas and beliefs. He was convinced that human beings were natural carnivores, not meant to eat vegetables or fiber. “Roughage is the worst thing you can put through your body,” he says. “Letting vegetable matter go through a carnivorous intestine scratches it up and scars it and causes mucus that interferes with nutrition.”

For the next six weeks, the Grateful Dead and their girlfriends ate meat and milk for breakfast, lunch and dinner. “I’ll never forget that when you’d open the refrigerator, there were big slabs of beef in there,” Rosie McGee, Phil Lesh’s girlfriend at the time, later told Garcia biographer Jackson. “The shelves weren’t even in there — just these big hunks of meat. So of course behind his back, people were sneaking candy bars in. There were no greens or anything — he called it ‘rabbit food.’”

The eye of round or rib roast sounds legit. Will definitely give that a go. Avocados and olive oil are my staples. Chocolate milk is the real key.

'cados are 49 cents at Macedonia ALDI. I made a jumbo guac and put a bunch of green ones in the second fridge. I make mine with diced roma tomatoes ("dried up" by removing some of the seed schmutz), diced sweet onion, fresh squeezed lime juice,and chopped fresh cilantro. Almost like pico mixed in. I'll bust up a cold pre-cooked salmon burger or some wild tuna on top of a salad and then glop that guac on the whole mess. I hardly need any salad dressing.

Sugar in chocolate milk is really stupid and useless. Bad idea, OBCDEFG

People who engage in gimmicky diets like this one.

I was just thinking about the "resurrection" post of today itt. I agree with your take on the OP.

Straight carnivore is stupid.......gotta have the veggies. There is nothing wrong with cutting out most fruit and grains for a while.

Your body could even be "eating" peripheral striated muscle to support your heart and diaphagm - smooth muscle.

You can't argue with the weight loss of keto, but it's a little scary. It's kind of self-induced malnutrition. I don't doubt you've considered this, but I hope you aren't skipping any Dr visits, and that your Dr orders enough advanced blood testing. Be sure he or she knows what you are doing.

I had the best blood tests of my adult life the two years after I started keto. I would like to get more and more green veggies into my diet. But I'm pretty sure at this point grains, breads. etc. are just dumb for me to eat.

I had the best blood tests of my adult life the two years after I started keto. I would like to get more and more green veggies into my diet. But I'm pretty sure at this point grains, breads. etc. are just dumb for me to eat.
I just sauteed onions, yellow peppers, bella mushrooms, fresh spinach, sugar snap peas and organic chicken/cilantro/cabbage won tons in a combo of avocado and coconut oils, with black pepper, gound fennel seed, garlic powder, and sea salt. So good.

'cados are 49 cents at Macedonia ALDI. I made a jumbo guac and put a bunch of green ones in the second fridge. I make mine with diced roma tomatoes ("dried up" by removing some of the seed schmutz), diced sweet onion, fresh squeezed lime juice,and chopped fresh cilantro. Almost like pico mixed in. I'll bust up a cold pre-cooked salmon burger or some wild tuna on top of a salad and then glop that guac on the whole mess. I hardly need any salad dressing.

Sugar in chocolate milk is really stupid and useless. Bad idea, OBCDEFG
I'll occasionally make guacamole or chop up an avocado for a topping on tacos but I'm good with just eating an avocado straight. Quite often I'll make a small steak (1/2 lb NY Strip is my go-to) with a whole avocado on side.

My current diet is basically common-sense (balanced & limit preservatives) with a focus on calorie-dense foods like avocado and olive oil which are high-fat but healthy IMO. Better than eating junk calories. Have minimized candy/soda/other junk sugar so I can live with sugar in chocolate milk. Usually have it for breakfast and/or as recovery from workout. (best gimick weight-gain diet is GOMAD... too extreme for me)

Definitely am less-sore from workouts after days with a solid steak in my diet.

I have not tried the Carnivore Diet, but every summer I go on the Carnival Diet. You know....sausage sandwiches, corn dogs, gyros, funnel cakes. On my cheat days I’m allowed two church-festival meals.

;)

I have not tried the Carnivore Diet, but every summer I go on the Carnival Diet. You know....sausage sandwiches, corn dogs, gyros, funnel cakes. On my cheat days I’m allowed two church-festival meals.

;)
There used to be a restaurant in Berea called Midway. All fair food, all the time.

You'd weigh 325 ?