Carmelo Anthony To Seek Trade After Phil Jackson's Racist Remarks On LeBron James

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
PLEASE don't let the Cavs trade for Carmelo Anthony!!!

After LeBron James and Phil Jacskon exchange words, the New York Knicks could face another travesty as Carmelo Anthony could opt himself out of the team after the 'racist' remarks from the team's president. With Melo's ability to shoot the basketball, multiple teams would love to add the 6'8" forward to their squad.

With three years left in his current contract with the New York Knicks and the option to terminate on the third year, at 32 years of age, Carmelo Anthony was given another reason to find greener pastures before he retires and put him in a position to win a championship

Read more:
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...-carmelo-anthony-seek-trade-phil-jacksons.htm

Anthony said he doesn't think Jackson meant to use the word "posse" in a racial connotation, but he also didn't want to speak on Jackson's behalf.

"It's different words that different people use in different ways," the Knicks star said. "To some people, the word 'posse' might not mean anything. It might just be a word. To some other people it could be a derogatory statement. It all depends on who you mention it to and who you're talking about in essence.

"In this sense [Jackson] was talking about four, five black men. Do I think he meant it in any kind of way? I really don't know. I don't think he did. I would hope that he didn't. Sometimes Phil just say things and he says the first thing that comes to mind. Probably he's in his office right now regretting it. With Phil, you never know what's going to be said, what's coming, and depending on who's listening. People take it the right way and people take it the wrong way. I just don't understand him talking about LeBron right now in November."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ron-james-reaction-phil-jackson-posse-comment

Baseless rumor, not sure why Yappi even made it a thread.

How in the f**k is posse a racist word? It seems to be pretty interchangeably used with entourage in modern times

Ridiculous "outrage" from LeBron and his comment about Jackson just being mad that young African-Americans are trying to make a difference was even more stupid

Really interested seeing how this has played out. You see, the issue within the issue is the how the media handles stories like this. There is no shortage of these talking heads who want to throw and opinion in on just about any subject, but oddly there's not been much talk on this one.

Why you may ask?? Two reasons, one is many are finding it difficult to side fully with LeBron on this one. This is really reaching...there may be a personal rift that we don't know about between Phil and LeBron, and Phil is poking the bear, which he's done before.

Second, we now live in an age where you simply cannot talk against anything remotely racial without being called a racist. Also, there are many NBA talking heads who already have limited access to LeBron, they don't want to screw up and not have any access.

My final comment is it's things like this that really make it difficult to like LeBron fully. On the surface, he appears to be a great family man, you never hear of him being in any legal troubles or anything many other pro athletes get involved in. But then he takes something like this and it's just so weird. I mean the word posse is nothing more than another word for gang. What if Phil said the James gang??

You guys realize that Lebron was just jumping on Maverick's deflection, and doubling down on it, right ? No one is asking him to address Phil Jackson's comments on Lebron's demanding nature. He gave a grave, heartfelt little speech that created an issue and seized the high ground.

Democrats should think #thenewLBJ2024 :D

Really interested seeing how this has played out. You see, the issue within the issue is the how the media handles stories like this. There is no shortage of these talking heads who want to throw and opinion in on just about any subject, but oddly there's not been much talk on this one.

Why you may ask?? Two reasons, one is many are finding it difficult to side fully with LeBron on this one. This is really reaching...there may be a personal rift that we don't know about between Phil and LeBron, and Phil is poking the bear, which he's done before.

Second, we now live in an age where you simply cannot talk against anything remotely racial without being called a racist. Also, there are many NBA talking heads who already have limited access to LeBron, they don't want to screw up and not have any access.

My final comment is it's things like this that really make it difficult to like LeBron fully. On the surface, he appears to be a great family man, you never hear of him being in any legal troubles or anything many other pro athletes get involved in. But then he takes something like this and it's just so weird. I mean the word posse is nothing more than another word for gang. What if Phil said the James gang??

You are right. Posse and gang can be used interchangeably. And they are both used to negatively describe African Americans, typically armed ones.

You are right. Posse and gang can be used interchangeably. And they are both used to negatively describe African Americans, typically armed ones.

In the past, I'm sure posse was used that way. I've never personally heard it used to negatively refer to black people (anecdotal evidence, yes). I use it to describe my friends from time to time