Carli Lloyd ‘seriously considering’ NFL offer, report says

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
After her 55-yard field goal at a recent Eagles-Ravens joint practice went viral, U.S. women’s soccer team star Carli Lloyd told Fox Sports that she is “seriously considering” an offer that her trainer James Galanis said Lloyd received from an anonymous NFL team.

“I am having discussions with my husband [Brian Hollins] and James about the reality of playing in the NFL,” the Delran native told Fox. “They both feel that I could do it and should consider it. So I’m seriously considering it, as it’s a challenge. ... I would probably enjoy it.”

Watch the footage of the 55yd kick, she took as many steps as kickoffs guys do. Won't work in the nfl

It’s ridiculous. Just a PR stunt by the NFL. There are thousands of high school kickers, D3 kickers, college men soccer players and probably women who could have made that kick.

Watch the footage of the 55yd kick, she took as many steps as kickoffs guys do. Won't work in the nfl

Exactly. It will take her 5 steps to get to the ball post snap or it will be illegal procedure. Maybe she can kick in the CFL where she can move towards the line before the snap!

Always thought that the NFL was above these sort of stunts.
It’s ridiculous. Just a PR stunt by the NFL. There are thousands of high school kickers, D3 kickers, college men soccer players and probably women who could have made that kick.

yet another reason to dislike soccer...go away...please!
Nah, the fact they got beat by 15 year olds a couple of years ago is a reason for them to go away.

Great. You won a gold medal, best woman's team in the world (even though much of the world they don't let women participate in sports or put extremely little importance on it)

Very interesting move by the NFL. And it's interesting to see how these things are handled. It's difficult to even make a criticism of this for fear of the backlash of social media. The backlash can only go one way these days. Now I'm sure Lloyd is a good kicker and could make short field goals, but remember that this kick is around no one, not in pads, no pressure, no rush. Also look closely, on the videos, she makes a kick from approximately 25-20 yards with the traditional two step kick. The 55 yarder, she takes about 5-6 steps, like a kickoff. Also with no rush, we can't really judge the trajectory of the kick. That would be the telling thing.