Canton's Hall of Fame Resort in Financial Crisis - Bankruptcy Looming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Market was just the hotel, office building and parking deck. Same hotel the HOFV just bought, rehabed, and re-opened.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but there seems to be an office building being constructed.

Eo-NUpsWEAsZ4ij
?

I can get questioning the financial feasibility of the project or the questionable nature of some of the principals but the tone of some of the comments make it seem like some are rooting for the project to fail and I can't for the life of me understand why someone would root against something that could bring in jobs and revenue to the area.

the tone of some of the comments make it seem like some are rooting for the project to fail and I can't for the life of me understand why someone would root against something that could bring in jobs and revenue to the area.

Ya think? lol Those hoping for failure are either from Massillon and/ or have no concept of how things work. Agreed that its a sad reflection on their lives.

Last edited:
Violent crime comparison

Per 1000 residents.

Canton 11.99
Ohio 2.8

Chances of becoming the victim of a violent crime

Canton 1 in 83
Ohio 1 in 357

Crimes per square mile

Canton 187
Ohio 28

If Baker was a crook why is he not in Prison? The above is a LARGE part of it.
Very cute....these are numbers that should open everyone's eyes, yet you're deflecting out of either frustration or embarrassment. These numbers, combined with Cantons #1 ranking in crime are what is contributing to the constant delays. Canton is ranked #1....AHEAD OF cities like, Cleveland, Toledo, Youngstown....you continue to tell us everything is fine....and it just may be....if a mid September 2076 completion date is your target.

Very cute....these are numbers that should open everyone's eyes, yet you're deflecting out of either frustration or embarrassment. These numbers, combined with Cantons #1 ranking in crime are what is contributing to the constant delays. Canton is ranked #1....AHEAD OF cities like, Cleveland, Toledo, Youngstown....you continue to tell us everything is fine....and it just may be....if a mid September 2076 completion date is your target.
and yet...that would still be moving forward, slowly, but moving forward..."moving forward" a concept some people have a hard time grasping. Its ok little buddy - no matter the retort you offer, Canton will always be your big brother.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but there seems to be an office building being constructed.

Eo-NUpsWEAsZ4ij

The photo is the beginning stages of the Constellation Center for Excellence to be completed by August. In September construction started for the 75,000-square-foot Constellation Center for Excellence, a multi-use building that will anchor the stadium's west end. A new large video board will be placed on its facade facing the stadium, also to be installed by August

Never understood why so many in Stark want this to fail. It will benefit the entire county and beyond. Jealousy?
I dont think it's so much people want it to fail as being realistic. It was always a pipe dream.

There really is no attraction....matter of fact, I would imagine it's the very opposite of "attraction" that's contributing to the delays and $ issues. Canton has the reputation of being a dirty dangerous town. I would hate to take my family there, leave after dark and have to stop for gas or have my car breakdown somewhere in the heart of Canton.
You are overselling it but basically true.

Heres the conversation "hey kids, do you want to go to Disneyland in Canton OH or Florida/California?"

Or "hey Bob where should we have the company retreat in December?"

I think they are also working on the east end zone there were surveyors on Monday , and equipment sitting off to the side there is now a construction trailer sitting on the east side of the north stands, they really want to close of that end off so people an the 77 north an south traffic people slow down to get a look at what's going on

Breaking news, flash canton, work has begun on the east end zone, large foundation holes were dug Thursday with frame work to pour concreate for the footer foundation ,the hole area is yellow tapped off, would guess concreate will be poured today. OUTSTANDING !!!!

Breaking news, flash canton, work has begun on the east end zone, large foundation holes were dug Thursday with frame work to pour concreate for the footer foundation ,the hole area is yellow tapped off, would guess concreate will be poured today. OUTSTANDING !!!!
That is great to hear - moving forward!! Anything being done flies into the face of the haters. Will be exciting to see how the stadium frames in when the building in the west endzone goes up and now the east endzone.

That is great to hear - moving forward!! Anything being done flies into the face of the haters. Will be exciting to see how the stadium frames in when the building in the west endzone goes up and now the east endzone.

The east end zone rendering with the video board. Hopefully this is still the plan.

Tom-Benson-Hall-of-Fame-Stadium-e1481657306965.jpg

The west end zone with a large video board.

rsz_tom_benson_hall_of_fame_stadium_-_westendzone-1200x796.jpg

Cool images! Definitely something is happening. Long time before another regular season high school game is there - by then who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.