Canton's Hall of Fame Resort in Financial Crisis - Bankruptcy Looming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple of points:

I think it is telling that the NFL and the Hall of Fame don't seem financially committed to the project. The NFL is all about making money. If they saw this as a money maker, they'd be supporting the cause with an eye towards it benefiting them down the line.

I've never felt unsafe in or around Fawcett or Benson. Maybe that's because I have been there at busy times, but it has always seemed to me to be one of the nicer and safer parts of Canton.
During busy times at the stadium it's hard to walk 10 feet inside and outside, without seeing security. Thankfully. I'd like to see a little more security in the parking areas though.

During busy times at the stadium it's hard to walk 10 feet inside and outside, without seeing security. Thankfully. I'd like to see a little more security in the parking areas though.

I usually park in the neighborhoods, though they've cut down some of that. I even park west of Broad sometimes. I stay out of the parking so that I can get in and out fast. The biggest problem with that is the lack of sidewalks and lighting.

I usually park in the neighborhoods, though they've cut down some of that. I even park west of Broad sometimes. I stay out of the parking so that I can get in and out fast. The biggest problem with that is the lack of sidewalks and lighting.
So, no sidewalks or lighting in a high crime area where there's expected to be big events? Doesn't do a lot to counter my argument.

ok how bout this

while some think Canton is a dangerous and dirty place, it could be worse which is a place called Massillon.

lol have fun boys lol

ok how bout this

while some think Canton is a dangerous and dirty place, it could be worse which is a place called Massillon.

lol have fun boys lol
Still can't think of anything positive about Canton or the project huh?

Let me put it in layman's terms for you. I'm an investor who is considering putting some of my money into this project but I'm leaning towards not doing it....what would you tell me to change my mind?

So, no sidewalks or lighting in a high crime area where there's expected to be big events? Doesn't do a lot to counter my argument.

On game night, I'm more concerned with getting struck with a car in those conditions, not crime. I can't speak for the other nights. Heck, I'm used to going to games at Hoban and SVSM so maybe I am not an easy scare.

If the project was successful, I'd think the increased traffic would help curtail some crime.

Last edited:
Th
The area you are questioning is actually plain township not canton FYI. And that is far from a high crime area . You act like you’re walking down shorb block or something.

Not to confuse the jealous haters, but The HOF, NFL, Johnson Controls, and other partners you prob don't even know are banking tens of millions of dollars on this. I wonder if any of them might have considered the safety of the area around their investment? In other words, are they as knowledgeable about their investment risk as Janet Leigh Pitymore? lol

Not to confuse the jealous haters, but The HOF, NFL, Johnson Controls, and other partners you prob don't even know are banking tens of millions of dollars on this. I wonder if any of them might have considered the safety of the area around their investment? In other words, are they as knowledgeable about their investment risk as Janet Leigh Pitymore? lol

I suspect the HOF and NFL's contributions are in lending their names, as opposed to their money, to the project. Otherwise I don't think we'd be seeing this little financing dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.