3520 Cleveland Ave NW, Canton, OH 44709
(330) 493-9801 https://g.co/kgs/aG3opj

Lee's Panda Garden
3619 Cleveland Ave NW, Canton, OH 44709
(330) 492-2108 https://g.co/kgs/kaUasT

Willow Bistro
1212 30th St NW, Canton, OH 44709
(330) 492-2007 https://g.co/kgs/FmphZv

Jasmine Asian Bistro (Canton 30th Street)
1122 30th St NW, Canton, OH 44709
(330) 493-3331 https://g.co/kgs/Zv99oX

Papa Gyro
2045 Cleveland Ave NW, Canton, OH 44709
(330) 456-9000 https://g.co/kgs/vUWcDG

Grinders Above & Beyond
3114 Whipple Ave NW, Canton, OH 44718
(330) 477-5411 https://g.co/kgs/hhJZ2U

Meyers Landing Bar & Grill
1326 Whipple Ave NW, Canton, OH 44708
(330) 477-0295 https://g.co/kgs/FfNhYk

TD'S Tailgate Grill
2234 Tuscarawas St W, Canton, OH 44708
(330) 451-2140 https://g.co/kgs/TR4tvL

Depends how far you're willing to go and what you're looking for.

Downtown Canton: Basil for Asian Fusion, Lucca for Italian, Fronimo's for something a little more gastropubby, and George's Lounge for burgers, though it's more of a bar that has good burgers. Basil, Lucca and Fronimo's can be a little bit pricey.

Willow is a good option as well, but also pricey.

Jasmine is good for Japanese/sushi. There's one off Cleveland Ave. on 30th in the same plaza as Willow, and also a new one in the Belden area. A1 Steakhouse is a better value, IMO. In Belden as well, across the street from Jasmine.

La Loma is top choice for Mexican. Just opened. In the same plaza in Belden as A1.

For breakfast, Samantha's is only a mile or two from the HOF (Cracked Egg is right around it, too). There's also a Samantha's downtown, though I know it's supposed to be moving so it might not be open right now, and also one up by Sam's Club in the Belden area. I don't think quality differs between them.

Taggart's is a top choice for ice cream. Or Pav's if you're in North Canton.

Howlin' Bird in North Canton is a good place for some chicken, sandwiches, soup, and salad: https://www.howlinbird.com/

Pizza...Canton's pizza scene is not good at all. Locals like to talk up Pizza Oven and Kraus' but I'm not a fan. Old School Pizza was the best around but it didn't survive quarantine, unfortunately. Camellone on Cleveland Ave. and Michael D's on Whipple are decent options.

Loby's and Jerzee's are a couple of local places that have standard fair bar food. Both are near the HOF.

Eadies is pretty much the only option for seafood around but it's good

Last edited:
For the adventurous, there's a food truck beside Circle K on Fulton serving up "autentica" Mexican food. Taqueria & Pupuseria La Bendición is serving up tacos, quesadillas, pupusas, etc, and have a faithful following.

I would of recommend South Erie pizza in Massillon but it's ashame they no longer exist lemoore's South Erie Pizza isn't the same.

Always happy with TD'S Tailgate Grill. For anyone looking for chain food places see list on first time to area thread.

Can't believe no one has mentioned this.

A true hidden gem in the area.

Go to John George's in Massillon and get a Double Trouble Sub. I took my main men Switek and Zito there one time and they said it was the best sub for $5 they ever had!!!!

If you are looking for a great local sub that's the spot to go to.

All other suggestions I agree with. Pizza Oven>Krause for me though.

Top of the Viaduct for fish in Massillon. Smileys in Massillon for pizza. Bar & Grill food, Falcone's Tavern or Gametime both in Perry Twp. between Canton and Massillon.

Kraus Pizza on Amherst seems to be the best for that franchise. Very good but far from Benson. and the bean soup at Kennedy's is very good too. They have Taggerts ice cream there now as well!

Massillon folks seem to prefer Kraus', Canton people seem to prefer Pizza Oven. It's just the way it is. Yet another way they disagree. Truth is, I don't think there is a non-national chain pizza place in the area I would turn down. Italos in the little plaza at Fulton and 25th St. near the stadium has some good lunch specials, just not much seating.

A lot of the pizza places look like holes in the wall because they've been in the same place for 50 years. They must be doing something right.
Pizza Oven is edible but somewhat bland, IMHO. There is some division w/in Massillon. Many westsiders swear by Jay's while eastsiders overwhelmingly prefer Kraus'. Some will find Gionino's too greasy, but I like it as a change of pace from Kraus'. You are right that there are a lot of good places to get pizza in the area. Never had Italo's, but they've been around a long time which is notable given how competitive the local pizza scene is.

Nathan's Patio on 30th Street has good food at very reasonable prices. They have several TVs that are always tuned into sports.
It's roughly a mile or two from the stadium in the same plaza as Kraus' Pizza on 30th Street. I would recommend Nathan's (formerly Rumor's) over several of the places here for food quality and proximity to the stadium.

Kraus Pizza on Amherst seems to be the best for that franchise. Very good but far from Benson. and the bean soup at Kennedy's is very good too. They have Taggerts ice cream there now as well!
The Amherst location went through a long period of inconsistency to the point that I started ordering from the W Lincoln Way location until Amherst got its act together again. The W Tuscarawas location is solid. I think the same person has been working that oven for years.
Can't believe no one has mentioned this.

A true hidden gem in the area.

Go to John George's in Massillon and get a Double Trouble Sub. I took my main men Switek and Zito there one time and they said it was the best sub for $5 they ever had!!!!

If you are looking for a great local sub that's the spot to go to.

All other suggestions I agree with. Pizza Oven>Krause for me though.
Top of the Viaduct for fish in Massillon. Smileys in Massillon for pizza. Bar & Grill food, Falcone's Tavern or Gametime both in Perry Twp. between Canton and Massillon.
John George's makes a nice sub, but it is way out of the way unless you grab it on the way into the area coming in from the west on Rt. 30

Top of the Viaduct is good fish but usually very busy on Fri. nights for AYCE and also rather out of the way compared to Benson. If willing to go that far, I'd give the Sugar Bowl in downtown Massillon a try. Be sure to bring some extra bucks to indulge on any number of candies and confections after eating there. I'd also recommend Meldrum's to anyone if they're looking for a greasy spoon, but again, it's a bit out of the way for people going to Benson but a decent option for people who have time to kill if staying longer.

Pizza near Benson - agree with the previous posters about Kraus' Pizza. Hit the one on 30th St NE.

Good to hear that's still around. 30 years ago I was there every week. I grew up in Massillon and 30th St. was right up there w/ Amherst back when Larry ran it.

All of these are good input for 1) those coming in for one game that might want to dine away from the stadium on their way in/out and 2) those doing multiple games for one and/or two days that want to leave their parking spot and venture out.

The Amherst location went through a long period of inconsistency to the point that I started ordering from the W Lincoln Way location until Amherst got its act together again. The W Tuscarawas location is solid. I think the same person has been working that oven for years.

John George's makes a nice sub, but it is way out of the way unless you grab it on the way into the area coming in from the west on Rt. 30

Top of the Viaduct is good fish but usually very busy on Fri. nights for AYCE and also rather out of the way compared to Benson. If willing to go that far, I'd give the Sugar Bowl in downtown Massillon a try. Be sure to bring some extra bucks to indulge on any number of candies and confections after eating there. I'd also recommend Meldrum's to anyone if they're looking for a greasy spoon, but again, it's a bit out of the way for people going to Benson but a decent option for people who have time to kill if staying longer.
Good point Mr. SLIP on Top of the Viaduct! The place is swarming on Fridays for the all you can eat fish!

I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.
Chester - thank you for asking. One of the most genuinely fun threads in a long time. Lots of folks have to come from some hefty distances to Stark Co for these games. We can't control that, but the locals do take a lot of pride in making sure anyone who comes has a great time regardless of how long it takes them to get here.

Safe travels for everyone!

Never understood the draw of the John Georges subs? I’ve tried on several occasions over the years just thinking maybe I was unlucky? Nope, every time I’ve been left wondering what all the buzz was about.

Ferraro's right off of 30 on Navarre Rd. Decent family restaurant. Huge menu. Pizza, burgers and all day breakfast. Nice bakery. About 10 minutes from the stadium.

Never understood the draw of the John Georges subs? I’ve tried on several occasions over the years just thinking maybe I was unlucky? Nope, every time I’ve been left wondering what all the buzz was about.
Kraus pizza on Amherst has great subs.

I really miss shutting down the Massillon BW3's on Thursday night back in the old days. Especially if the fire department came in with their bagpipes.