Canton Central Catholic vs East Liverpool

Who Wins?

• CCC

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • East Liverpool

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

CrusaderZip0004

EL looks to be a little down this year? Only win over a bad Minerva team. But they've played some good teams. Conventional wisdom says CCC wins. Talkington probably has a pretty good night. I've only seen footage of EL vs Salem but it looked like Johnson gave them some trouble. Talkington and Johnson are pretty similar QB's (though I think Johnson is a little better passer and Talkington is a little better runner). I'll say CCC by 14+.

Correction: EL's coach was not fired. He resigned. However, the article suggests there was dissension amongst the coaching staff leading to the decision to resign. Their AD will serve as interim HC.

Last edited:
Bad year for the school and its program.... fired the superintendent's brother, hired a retired guy (3 years max), hire a new AD, who jumps in as the head coach in the "interim"...... thousands of years of history tells us power struggles usually end well......bad day in the Ohio Valley

Jason Duke is as qualified to coach Highschool football as anyone commenting on these threads.

What a shame a once proud program has fallen so hard and far from even being average.

Sure sounds like this debacle could be placed upon the school board and the, behind the scene, powers to be of East Liverpool. I will be the first to say on here and anywhere else, terrible decision to fire Josh Ludwig.

Sure sounds like this debacle could be placed upon the school board and the, behind the scene, powers to be of East Liverpool. I will be the first to say on here and anywhere else, terrible decision to fire Josh Ludwig.
Coincidentally he is the super's brother..... and the super was noticeably absent from this charade. EL loses by about 50

Nor could native son and fellow KSU grad Lou Holtz. Regardless, it's an odd time to dismiss a coach unless something happened that has little to do with the team's on-field performance.
Lou is actually a Follonsbee Wv native for factual sake.