Canfield Head Coach

Bktasz

Previous coach was informed after the season he would not be renewed. Job was advertised soon after,but it's now September and a new coach still has not been hired?! Very strange IMO.

The superintendent made a unilateral decision to dismiss the coach. No one has been announced as the replacement yet. Superintendent unfortunately currently has a bigger issue to deal with that popped up last week.

If this is true about the super dismissing the last coach, I have heard he also has his hands all over the new coaching hire, much to the disagreement of some. This could very well be the reason why no coach has been named yet? You are correct, he has much bigger fish to fry. He might want to take a step back from making coaching fires and hires, and let the AD do his job.

Last edited:
Word on the street is that the new coach has been targeted, and that the announcement will be made shortly. Let me just say that a lot of people will be surprised, with many scratching their heads.

Word on the street is that the new coach has been targeted, and that the announcement will be made shortly. Let me just say that a lot of people will be surprised, with many scratching their heads.

The Superintendent really will be the new Head Coach?

FREE PBOY!!!

The Superintendent really will be the new Head Coach?

FREE PBOY!!!
Maybe as an assistant lol. But it definitely sounds like he's getting his way,even if it's not in the best interest of the girls or the future of the program. I can see a certain 8th grader leaving for Greener places.

Can't imagine the superintendent would want any piece of the head coaching job but who knows? An outside complication is him having to deal with a recent mishandling of a middle school threat situation that has parents riled. Guess we'll see what happens; waiting with bated breath,...

Can't imagine the superintendent would want any piece of the head coaching job but who knows? An outside complication is him having to deal with a recent mishandling of a middle school threat situation that has parents riled. Guess we'll see what happens; waiting with bated breath,...

Sounds like Superintendent is a great guy and very good at his job! Lol!

The superintendent will not be coaching. He has enough on his school/community plate at this time. He however is directly behind the new softball coaching hire as he has a personal agenda tied into this decision from what I am hearing. There were many applicants, and this hire will not come from a pool of the most qualified applicants. I am also hearing that this hire will not be well received by many.

The superintendent will not be coaching. He has enough on his school/community plate at this time. He however is directly behind the new softball coaching hire as he has a personal agenda tied into this decision from what I am hearing. There were many applicants, and this hire will not come from a pool of the most qualified applicants. I am also hearing that this hire will not be well received by many.

Superintendent a member of Barnum&Bailey? Personal agenda should not be involved in deciding what’s best for kids/teenagers! What does your local Board of Education think of this Superintendent?

FREE PBOY!!!

The waiting is over. Exhale. A new coach has been hired. No doubt the superintendent was behind this hire given his connection to the coach, and some quality candidates that were passed on during the hiring process. When the hiring goes public, it should be interesting to see how it is received by the parents, players, and the softball community in general. Can’t personally see this playing out well, but who knows?

Anyone hear who the new coach will be?

A husband/wife duo were hired who have a daughter on the team. The wife is a Canfield teacher. Honestly not sure who actually got hired to be the head coach, but the husband will be the person running the show. The husband has been the travel ball coach of the superintendent’s daughter, who actually attends school in another district. This hiring was strictly the superintendent’s decision as was stated in the earlier threads on this topic.

Coach Erin Angelo is a class act. But the superintendent's apparently unilateral decisions to let the previous coach go, select a new staff from personal connections which has a daughter on the team (which is against general policy) and one of whom is already busy coaching volleyball leaves plenty of room for second-guessing.

From afar, I am just familiar with Canfield and it’s softball program. Know many people in the surrounding Canfield area. Don’t know Erin Angelo. Can she coach softball? Hiring a head coach with a child already on a varsity team is usually avoided at all costs, and sometimes against some schools policies. There were some quality candidates who submitted their resumes. You are correct about this strictly being the superintendent’s decision from what I was told. As far as the previous coach being let go, the softball program at Canfield had its share of problems last year for whatever reasons. No idea who you are referring to about coaching volleyball, but combining volleyball, travel softball, and high school softball may not be a good recipe for success in terms of time management and mental preparation for the job the coach was hired to do. Hopefully all are on board with this new hire, and Canfield gets back to where they should be in softball.

Last edited:
Softball conditioning will soon begin, with the season just around the corner. Well the superintendent who masterminded to get the old Canfield coach fired, and the new coach hired, resigned (got fired) recently according to the news. Yikes!