Canfield Football 2021

Ursuline would of played Canfield straight up and I think probably won last year. And Chardon was impressive but Ursulines front seven would have done a better job than Canfields.
and if you’re comparing the talent of Canfield being anywhere in the stratisfare of Fitch’s talent - quit posting now.....
I don't think Canfield ever has had more talent than Fitch, but what they do have is a good coach and a good group of kids, and even then Fitch will probably win at least 4 out of 5 if not 9 out of 10. Don't get me wrong Ursuline was a very good team last year, but Chardon was probably good enough to compete with everyone in D-II aside from the top 2 or 3 teams (ie Archbishop Hoban et al). I would say last year Canfield beats Ursuline by 2 scores based on what I saw from both teams, if I had to give a range anywhere from 9-14 points. However, that isn't to say Ursuline doesn't win 1 or 2 out of 10 and conversely probably 1 or 2 times out of 10 Canfield wins by 3 scores or more. I also think that if the Irish would have had all their kids they probably would have won the championship in D-IV last year, they were a very good team.

I don't think Canfield ever has had more talent than Fitch, but what they do have is a good coach and a good group of kids, and even then Fitch will probably win at least 4 out of 5 if not 9 out of 10. Don't get me wrong Ursuline was a very good team last year, but Chardon was probably good enough to compete with everyone in D-II aside from the top 2 or 3 teams (ie Archbishop Hoban et al). I would say last year Canfield beats Ursuline by 2 scores based on what I saw from both teams, if I had to give a range anywhere from 9-14 points. However, that isn't to say Ursuline doesn't win 1 or 2 out of 10 and conversely probably 1 or 2 times out of 10 Canfield wins by 3 scores or more. I also think that if the Irish would have had all their kids they probably would have won the championship in D-IV last year, they were a very good team.
Fair enough Simkon - hopefully we all can get out to see the games next year.

You are too caught up on divisions vs quality. Massillon (D2) is a 100x better than playing Glen Oak for instance or honestly better than most D1s. Ursuline or Mooney are as good or better in most years than playing good D3 schools like Louisville, Chardon, etc. and better than a D1 GlenOak.

Lake and Hoover are also in a league with 8 D1/D2 local programs as are most schools around the state. The Youngstown 3 D2’s are really challenged for scheduling w/ limited local options and limited options for Non-conference due to league affiliations. So the only options tend to be top D1 programs or private schools in D2-D4 (the same ones Canfield runs from playing and loses to I’m playoffs).

Boardman would have no issues playing GlenOak, Jackson and Lake every year (2 D1s and 1 D1). Is that really tougher than Ursuline, Mooney and Canfield? And then take into consideration the gate difference and it’s a no brainer.

I’d prefer only 1 Ytown city school and swap for a playoff caliber D1/D2, but other than that I have no complaints w/ Boardman’s schedule most years.
I get your need to see Canfield, Mooney and Ursuline on the schedule for fan interest but that should be it for small schools. First, if it is fan interest you want then Massillon needs to be an every year fixture like Warren and Fitch. Actually, the 4 schools should be a league. Second, their should be 2-3 Fed or Hoban, Benedictine, or Other D2 schools. Not Poland, east, Chaney or Howland.

Can’t blame Pavlansky for weighing the pros and cons when scheduling Canfield’s season and working with AD Cochran to get the best line-up they can. Playing Chardon, Boardman and Fitch, they seem to already have some real challenges before them and don’t have to apologize for anything, I don’t think.

If you want to generate some comments, why doesn’t Niles (as the largest NE 8 school) seem to consider playing nearby Canfield? They too, plus Hubbard, Poland and Struthers could play Mooney and / or Mooney (or Canfield).

Can’t blame Pavlansky for weighing the pros and cons when scheduling Canfield’s season and working with AD Cochran to get the best line-up they can. Playing Chardon, Boardman and Fitch, they seem to already have some real challenges before them and don’t have to apologize for anything, I don’t think.

If you want to generate some comments, why doesn’t Niles (as the largest NE 8 school) seem to consider playing nearby Canfield? They too, plus Hubbard, Poland and Struthers could play Mooney and / or Mooney (or Canfield).
Coaches understand the big picture. They know who to schedule that will give them a good chance getting victories, challenging their team and getting them in a good position to make the playoffs. FYI, not understanding that get's them fired when they fail in those 3 categories. AD's only want to fill their schedule and then hopefully generate good gates in the games they schedule at home. When you are in a conference like the NE8, the first goal is to win the league title. The OOC schedule are for computer points, getting ready for league play and get fan interest going. No coach wants to play an OOC schedule that gets them all banged up before league play.

Hubbard plays Mooney week 2 this year.

Is making the regional finals 3 times in the last 4 years “housed” to you? If so, you have extremely high & unobtainable expectations.
If mediocrity and making it to the regional finals is what satisfies you, then kudos. I come from being around two programs that not making it to the state championship game is a disappointment. To each their own...

If mediocrity and making it to the regional finals is what satisfies you, then kudos. I come from being around two programs that not making it to the state championship game is a disappointment. To each their own...

Soumds like you’ve been disappointed more often than not...