Can any girls team beat twinsburg this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd say Twinsburg is the favorite. Goofy things happen at the state meet though... If Lakota East has a good day, they should score some strong points.

Twinsburg, Lakota East, Mentor, Mason...all seem like they have big scoring potential with a combination of relays and an individual or two. I don't see a clear favorite at this point. Maybe one will emerge after this weekend, though.

... If Lakota East has a good day, they should score some strong points.

One thing to keep an eye on with LE is Kaylin Heath's health status. She didnt run the 4x1 at District, then ran a concerning 27.24 in the 200. I dont know that East is a state contender if Heath can't contribute points in both the 100 & 200(if she runs at all).

Twinsburg, Lakota East, Mentor, Mason...all seem like they have big scoring potential with a combination of relays and an individual or two. I don't see a clear favorite at this point. Maybe one will emerge after this weekend, though.

Advancement is the name of the game this week, especially with hot and humid conditions on tap for the days of competition. A dropped baton here or a pulled muscle or cramp there, and the whole picture turns on a dime.

Advancement is the name of the game this week, especially with hot and humid conditions on tap for the days of competition. A dropped baton here or a pulled muscle or cramp there, and the whole picture turns on a dime.

Precisely my thoughts.

In looking at the Nordonia district, in which Twinsburg participated, it appeared that there were prelims for all field events except the high jump and pole vault. In looking at some of the other districts, I did not check all districts, Nordonia appears to have been the only district with prelims in those field events. What is that all about?

One thing to keep an eye on with LE is Kaylin Heath's health status. She didnt run the 4x1 at District, then ran a concerning 27.24 in the 200. I dont know that East is a state contender if Heath can't contribute points in both the 100 & 200(if she runs at all).

I heard that she possibly has a hamstring injury?? Even without her running the 4x1 and 4x2, East should have a decent chance of winning those events at the state meet provided that they don't DQ at regional. I always am cautious in pegging favorites in relays since DQs are more common than they should be.

Clark has been the top 100 & 200 sprinter for East this season and will have a decent chance at state titles or a high place in those events.

As strong as East's distance runners are, they'll have a hard time advancing out of the regional in the 800, 1600, & 3200. The SW region is unbelievably loaded with female distance runners The best chance that they'll have appears to be an individual in the 3200. The bulk of East's points, or perhaps all points, will come in sprints and sprint relays.

In looking at the Nordonia district, in which Twinsburg participated, it appeared that there were prelims for all field events except the high jump and pole vault. In looking at some of the other districts, I did not check all districts, Nordonia appears to have been the only district with prelims in those field events. What is that all about?

I heard that she possibly has a hamstring injury?? Even without her running the 4x1 and 4x2, East should have a decent chance of winning those events at the state meet provided that they don't DQ at regional. I always am cautious in pegging favorites in relays since DQs are more common than they should be.

Clark has been the top 100 & 200 sprinter for East this season and will have a decent chance at state titles or a high place in those events.

As strong as East's distance runners are, they'll have a hard time advancing out of the regional in the 800, 1600, & 3200. The SW region is unbelievably loaded with female distance runners The best chance that they'll have appears to be an individual in the 3200. The bulk of East's points, or perhaps all points, will come in sprints and sprint relays.

It's just how the results were reported. At my DIII district, we absolutely had prelims of 3 throws or 3 long jump attempts w/ the top 9 to finals. They just did the throws and long jump prelims, quickly tabulated the results and paged the athletes needed for finals if they were not still hanging around to hear their names called at the conclusion of prelims. Instead of taking the prelim sheet to the timing company to enter prelim results, print a sheet, and post it, and then take the prelim sheet back to the event site to conduct finals and do the same data entry process again when finals were completed, they waited until the finals were completed to enter all the data and reported all the marks as "finals."

The obvious benefit to reporting them as Nordonia did is a person can see who stepped up to snag a qualifying spot during the final rounds. Of course, the ideal would be to post the entire series of attempts for all entrants which would make JAVMAN very happy.

Last edited:

Heath looked to be fine tonight - 12.30/25.50 qualifiers, and back in the 4x1. Hopefully last week just a hiccup for her.

Lakota East

Lakota East can and will beat Twinsburg in DI girls. In fact I'm calling for Twinsburg to not even make the podium as a team with Gahanna Lincoln beating them out for second.

I predict East wins with a score in the high fifties, Gahanna scores in the low fourties, and Twinsburg in the mid thirties.

Last edited:
Lakota east state champs it over.

It's not over yet. Lakota East cracked the door when they failed to get their 4x4 to the final, and Gahanna Lincoln has big scoring opportunities in the field, particularly the shot put. And of course they already have 8 in the pocket from the 4x8. East needs to get some points from their long jumpers or this is still up for grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.