Campbell Memorial vs Chaney

soup-city99

Chaney travels to Campbell Saturday night in a match up of two of better teams in the Youngstown area. This will be the Red Devils toughest game of the season so far with a talented Cowboys team that seems to be playing well right now. Hopefully YSN will be carrying this game for people who can't attend but It would be nice to see a good showing for the game.

Chaney travels to Campbell Saturday night in a match up of two of better teams in the Youngstown area. This will be the Red Devils toughest game of the season so far with a talented Cowboys team that seems to be playing well right now. Hopefully YSN will be carrying this game for people who can't attend but It would be nice to see a good showing for the game.
I suppose whether the game is streamed will depend on if YSN is aware that the game is being played. I am not sure they are aware as of yet. The game was just added to the Campbell schedule a week or so ago. Maybe someone can contact YSN.

I suppose whether the game is streamed will depend on if YSN is aware that the game is being played. I am not sure they are aware as of yet. The game was just added to the Campbell schedule a week or so ago. Maybe someone can contact YSN.
It should be, schools usually have kids do the ysn portion for most games.

Nice win for the Red Devils coming back from 11 down at half time. I was pleasantly surprised at the turn out for game last night. That had to have been the biggest crowd in Campbell probably in the last 20 years. Chaney brought a big crowd as well which made for a great environment. I'm sure there was a lot of people dusting off there Campbell gear from the back of there closets before they went to the game.

There was two questions I had about Campbell lately with all there struggles in sports they had over the last 20 or so years minus the basketball teams run from 2006-12 under Danilov. The football team had a couple of good season around that time as well but nothing sustainable.

The first one was is there any talent left in Campbell and the second was does the community even know they still field a sports teams because the support has been so bad. This year goes to show they're still is some talent there but you have to keep the kids in Campbell. As evidence by the 3 kids who left but decided to transfer back. I hear their is good talent at the younger levels as well. I guess winning cures all but I really thought the fan base was completely gone.

This was a great game between two of the most athletic and talent rich teams in the Youngstown area. It was fun to watch. A big crowd at D'Amato Fieldhouse was treated to a classic game.

This was a great game between two of the most athletic and talent rich teams in the Youngstown area. It was fun to watch. A big crowd at D'Amato Fieldhouse was treated to a classic game.
Chaney isn’t near as good as the last 2 seasons, but shout out to Campbell, a much smaller school who had hardships for years finally putting it together. They will
Be a force in D3 this year, not many teams can match up with them, Mooney will try to slow them down if they play bit Campbell had to be the favorite in that district. Springfield will be tough as well

Chaney isn’t near as good as the last 2 seasons, but shout out to Campbell, a much smaller school who had hardships for years finally putting it together. They will
Be a force in D3 this year, not many teams can match up with them, Mooney will try to slow them down if they play bit Campbell had to be the favorite in that district. Springfield will be tough as well
Having attended this game, it looked to me like Campbell wore Chaney down in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter. The Red Devils were rotating their guards in and out. The Devils were pushing it up the floor while Chaney was walking the ball up. It looked to me that Chaney simply got tired. Campbell's depth has had that effect on most teams they have played. That being said, I felt that Chaney was the best team Campbell had played all season long.

Having attended this game, it looked to me like Campbell wore Chaney down in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter. The Red Devils were rotating their guards in and out. The Devils were pushing it up the floor while Chaney was walking the ball up. It looked to me that Chaney simply got tired. Campbell's depth has had that effect on most teams they have played. That being said, I felt that Chaney was the best team Campbell had played all season long.
I think the devils can make some real noise in the playoffs. Mooney and Springfield will be the threats because of their style of play

I think the devils can make some real noise in the playoffs. Mooney and Springfield will be the threats because of their style of play
Not to get ahead of myself because anything can happen, but Campbell would not face Mooney or Springfield until the regionals in Canton the way the district is set up. Mooney and Springfield are playing in Salem. Campbell is playing in Howland. The best competition for Memorial in the Howland district could come from LaBrae and Jefferson Area.

Not to get ahead of myself because anything can happen, but Campbell would not face Mooney or Springfield until the regionals in Canton the way the district is set up. Mooney and Springfield are playing in Salem. Campbell is playing in Howland. The best competition for Memorial in the Howland district could come from LaBrae and Jefferson Area.
Didn’t realize Jefferson was with them, they’re solid.

Jefferson has a pretty solid team hard to tell for sure how good because the NE8 is terrible this year outside of struthers and Poland

Has Hubbard ever been good in basketball? They've consistently been one of the worst basketball programs (Boys and girls) in the area for a while.
When they had Drummond they were ok, I don’t think I remember them being as bad as they have been for the last 3-4 years tho

Hubbard was pretty good back in the late '90s when they the big guy 6'11 Brian Conklin. I think he went on to play at Nebraska.

Great win for the Red Devils last night over a really good Liberty team. It was a game of runs with Campbell ultimately finishing it off in the end. It was a physical and intense game but I thought the refs did a good job of letting the kids play but not letting it get out of control at the same time without calling technical fouls.
Nice to see the Campbell community show back up to support the kids.

Jefferson has a pretty solid team hard to tell for sure how good because the NE8 is terrible this year outside of struthers and Poland
Jefferson has just three losses. Struthers, Poland, and Madison. They split the season series with Struthers. They do have another game with Poland and another with Madison. Unless I am mistaken, Madison is a school in Lake County.

Yeah I’m from Jefferson they have a good team this year not nearly as good as 4 or 5 years ago when they played in back to back d2 district championships they still play Poland Edgewood Madison and perry all decent teams you’re getting 8 to 10 easy wins in the ne8 this year Niles lakeview Hubbard and south range are bad girard is average at best