Campbell Memorial Red Devils looking for a new Head Coach...WOW!

More appealing than the city schools

OE would help you get a decent coach that could bring city kids with them
I agree that it's probably better than a city school but Amill has his claws in the city kids. It would be hard to pry them away.

Campbell, for a D-6 program, have enough talent in the school system to be good. If you can make it an aerial attack on offense. "Three yards and a cloud of dust" style of offense would not work.

Campbell, for a D-6 program, have enough talent in the school system to be good. If you can make it an aerial attack on offense. "Three yards and a cloud of dust" style of offense would not work.
That’s interesting...seems like the only times they have been competitive the last 15 years were when they had a very good rushing offense. I think they got to cute on offense this past year and it cost them. Good teams adjust to personnel. If you have the personnel to run it then do it...if you have a qb then throw it. Doesn’t seem like they played much defense the last few years...that is where new coach should start.

Eh disagree. Aerial attack requires more skill kids than linemen.... you can make a fringe TE a lineman if needed in d6. Can’t make a tackle a Te.

I heard Marrow is interested in the job. The two coaches with head coaching experience that applied so far are Marrow and Wagner. A few assistants from area schools put there names in as well as some youth coaches around Youngstown. It's not the strongest pool of applicants.

I heard Marrow is interested in the job. The two coaches with head coaching experience that applied so far are Marrow and Wagner. A few assistants from area schools put there names in as well as some youth coaches around Youngstown. It's not the strongest pool of applicants.
Not gonna get a great pool either. Hopefully they don’t make a mistake like Jennings again

The better known coaches(if there is any) will try to use it as a resume builder to bigger programs. Even if they don't succeed, it still looks good on paper. One "Poster" stated to provide the opportunity to a "long time assistant", which would be grateful, and want to build a program, with the idea of staying put. Campbell decision makers have to be careful for the short term candidates. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to take a chance on a unknown with energy. Some people still believe in the "ole skool" ways of doing things.

Campbell makes no sense with their hires. The first time they hired Sikora made sense but since then none of their hires made sense. Rosum? That went horribly. Great coach in 1990 though. But it looked like he hasn’t even watched football since then when he came back to coach. Jennings? Worst football I’ve ever seen in Campbell. Sikora again.. why? He failed the first time.

Campbell makes no sense with their hires. The first time they hired Sikora made sense but since then none of their hires made sense. Rosum? That went horribly. Great coach in 1990 though. But it looked like he hasn’t even watched football since then when he came back to coach. Jennings? Worst football I’ve ever seen in Campbell. Sikora again.. why? He failed the first time.
Campbell did not have the same success under Rozum's last run. Great coach (86 - MVC Champs Reginal Finalist, 88 - MVC Champs - Regional Semi-Finalist, 89- State Finalts, 90 MVC Champs State Semifinalist, 91 MVC Champs - Regional Semi-Finalist, 99 Undefeated Regular Season - Regional Quarter-Finalist) The horses were not there in the last run. Assistants were not there in the last run. Different type of kids that did not mesh well with his style. Jennings was a disaster.

It is a good job for the right coach. Good facilities, good support from the administration and gridiron club. I wish my Red Devils luck in their search.

Last edited:
What names have you heard so far? I heard(including this post)...Brian Palmer, Wagner, Brian Marrow, Drew McLaughlin. Some names could be rumors. Anyone else?

Campbell Memorial's website's Employment states that the school will accept resumes until the date of Feb. 26,. The Superintendent states in his letter until it's filled. I wonder if Fecko is interested in the coaching opportunity?

Couldn’t imagine a more opposite situation from Mooney to Campbell.. Campbell does have great facilities though. Can’t see fecko wanting to go here
I agree with you. Medical personal reasons were the reason for his departure at Mooney. He received an approval to go back to coaching. Lakeview is a distance from the Youngstown area for "Everyday" traveling, that's why I wondered if he was interested.

I agree with you. Medical personal reasons were the reason for his departure at Mooney. He received an approval to go back to coaching. Lakeview is a distance from the Youngstown area for "Everyday" traveling, that's why I wondered if he was interested.
He was pushed out of Mooney, not many jobs he would take

You don’t really believe that do you, if so I have some land in Wyoming to sell you

You don’t really believe that do you, if so I have some land in Wyoming to sell you
Been there. Underrated state. Great hunting state. Can carry a gun in their drinking establishments. To damn cold in the winter though. Family member illness has kept him busy unfortunately.