Calling Pitches in High School

I believe Oakwood does in some situations when their senior catcher starts, but usually their sophomore starts causing the coaches to call their pitches. I'm sure many other high school teams do I'm just not aware of who right now.

Taylor Sohpmore calls most games

The Coach at Taylor usually allows his sophmore catcher, Patrick Pennington to call his own game.

Doesn't the pitcher really call the game? Most quality pitchers will shake off 20% of what they get from the catcher. Just wondering.

Most pitchers aren't "allowed" to shake off what the catcher gives them, because it's what the Coach tells the catcher to throw. As for Pitchers shaking off Catchers, I believe the Coach will allow the Pitcher to shake off the catcher, if he feels the pitcher is experienced and has a good understanding of the game/batter. As for catchers being fully in charge of games....i don't know if they should be...unless you have an experienced starter.

?

Northwest what is their record this year? Believe they just got beat soundly by Talawanda........

No? they beat us 5-1 and 4-1

Both time they only had one big inning and we obvioulsy didnt have much run support, if you would even consider that run support

So i wouldnt call that getting beat "Soundly" like you just stated

I think it depends on the experience of the catcher. In the suburban league it happens both ways, but catchers call if both he and pitcher are good and experienced.

No? they beat us 5-1 and 4-1

Both time they only had one big inning and we obvioulsy didnt have much run support, if you would even consider that run support

So i wouldnt call that getting beat "Soundly" like you just stated

You missed the point, 5-1 and 4-1 means that better pitching beats mediocre hitting, ie them vs your team. That is why you could only score 1 run, better pitching. As a bonus you say 1 inning beat you twice, means you must have kicked it around a little. Good luck though.