Buchtel Coaching Job

I hope we get a coach like at Hoban make them like power house beat really good team and win state couple of times.

Buchtel could never get away with recruiting like that,,,,
Oh ok not talk bout that play with passion and play hard for the school and for the area we already get people from all over the city to come to the game imagine if we are really good

Heck, you guys have the athletes that is for sure. They just need to get coaching in place by the 8th grade as well as a weight program. You gat both of those and look out !!! Hope that happens for you all !

What would best explain what caused Buchtel to, for lack of a better term, plateau after reaching the state title game in 2010?
That year was a gift and a curse. I believe that for to long the coaching staff tried to use the same formula as 2010 instead of adapting to the kids. Also I never felt that as a program they were ever able to appreciate the level of detail and high expectations that goes with being a perennial power . Overall program is still in pretty good shape for someone to come in and make an immediate impact.

Not to mention though it hasn't translated to varsity they have one the top Middle School programs in the area. If the next guy is able to take advantage of that and build some continuity the program should be in great shape moving forward.

Buchtel has some good coaching candidates in the building. They used to have the best talent in the city.....not sure if that is still the case.

Here's hoping there's someone in the Buchtel community that can step up, lead the program and keep the community involved. There's plenty of talent in the Buchtel cluster. The new guy just has to make the team one the kids want to stay in the cluster to play for, rather than heading to Hoban, SVSM or another Akron Public. Keep the kids at home and engage the community and you can have something special there.

I’m hearing former butchel rb Brian Williams , currently St V strength coach .. good luck B Will , hire coach Mitch as wideout coach ..

I’m hearing former butchel rb Brian Williams , currently St V strength coach .. good luck B Will , hire coach Mitch as wideout coach ..
I think he be a good coach if he want the job he know the area and teams and know the people he second person from st v staff to coach at buchtel

Has Williams been a coordinator anywhere?

Is Harvery the early 90's Buchtel qb?

Not sure who Jeff Smith is.

Is Harvery the early 90's Buchtel qb? Yes

Not sure who Jeff Smith is. I think he was the D- Coordinator under Claude Brown and has assisted with Private schools the last few years.

Heckuva team Claude Brown brought to Toledo in 2000! There were a heckuva lot of "dudes" on the field that night! Good luck Buchtel in your search!