Brush Preseason #1 in Cleveland?

Coach Mason says it best when he says to trust the process. This was part of the process. It was a hostile environment and Brush handled it mostly well. These types of games will only pay dividends as the state playoffs grow near. The growth is evident but Coach Mason and the fan base are hopeful that these baby crops ripen enough to see the fruits of Coach Mason's labor this season. Not sure there is ever a good loss but it isn't like we lost by 48 points to some no name team or anything.

In a basketball season you go through ebbs and flows. It is a process. This season is no different than any other with Coach Mason and Brush. The kids are learning what it means to compete and tackle challenges one by one. While they have suffered a bit of a January swoon, I'm confident that the leadership that Coach Mason provides will see them through. You don't just get plucked out of thin air to work some of the prestigious camps that he works or to even work with USA Basketball unless some of the most important basketball minds in the country see true leadership skills in you. Again, I'm confident that this too shall pass and Brush will remain the team to beat at the Euclid District come March.

BA,
Maybe you can ask your boosters to purchase some of these to fill your basketball trophy case, and while your at it, you can provide the juice boxes and orange slices for the team at halftime of the remaining games,

Last edited:
You guys are seriously still buying this? brusharc1986 has you caught hook, line, and sinker. Don't be fish. He is just an imposer clearly just aiming to give Mason/Brush an annoying reputation on Yappi.

To post a serious comment about Brush, the loss to Lutheran East doesn't help their standings among coaches at Euclid. They probably need a win over SVSM to earn the top overall seed. Considering they lost to Cleveland Heights head to head, they needed to really win some statement games and hope that Heights loses some. People can poke fun at Brush and this "Brush poster" - but the Arcs are still a team to be concerned with at the Euclid district if you are Mentor or Cleveland Heights. John Hugley is a load. The rest of their roster doesn't have the experience of last year's team, but they have some young talent. Mentor has had their struggles too this season and can't dismiss Brush at all. The Tigers are the team to beat (right now) at Euclid, but Brush and Mentor aren't far behind.

You guys are seriously still buying this? brusharc1986 has you caught hook, line, and sinker. Don't be fish. He is just an imposer clearly just aiming to give Mason/Brush an annoying reputation on Yappi.

To post a serious comment about Brush, the loss to Lutheran East doesn't help their standings among coaches at Euclid. They probably need a win over SVSM to earn the top overall seed. Considering they lost to Cleveland Heights head to head, they needed to really win some statement games and hope that Heights loses some. People can poke fun at Brush and this "Brush poster" - but the Arcs are still a team to be concerned with at the Euclid district if you are Mentor or Cleveland Heights. John Hugley is a load. The rest of their roster doesn't have the experience of last year's team, but they have some young talent. Mentor has had their struggles too this season and can't dismiss Brush at all. The Tigers are the team to beat (right now) at Euclid, but Brush and Mentor aren't far behind.
I don’t see why you feel Cleveland Hts is the team to beat at Euclid at this stage. They are 10-5, just losing to Bedford ,5-5. . I think any one of the top 4 could be the team to beat. I think the winner will come down to experience, intensity & coaching.

I don’t see why you feel Cleveland Hts is the team to beat at Euclid at this stage. They are 10-5, just losing to Bedford ,5-5. . I think any one of the top 4 could be the team to beat. I think the winner will come down to experience, intensity & coaching.

That loss to Bedford was pretty surprising. Heights has the most impressive wins on their resume so far. They also have the most losses. Depends on how you judge a team at this point. Mentor is good, but so far they have not displayed the kind of depth needed to win night after night in big tournament games. The #1 seed has the best shot. They only have to win one 50/50 game while the other seeds have to win two. The rest of the regular season is incredibly important. The voting will be very close between the top three teams. Brush should wipe the floor with the WRC, the main voting committee of the Euclid district.

That loss to Bedford was pretty surprising. Heights has the most impressive wins on their resume so far. They also have the most losses. Depends on how you judge a team at this point. Mentor is good, but so far they have not displayed the kind of depth needed to win night after night in big tournament games. The #1 seed has the best shot. They only have to win one 50/50 game while the other seeds have to win two. The rest of the regular season is incredibly important. The voting will be very close between the top three teams. Brush should wipe the floor with the WRC, the main voting committee of the Euclid district.
Based on past years performances, I think Mentor will develop a decent depth as the season progresses. To date, they have only played 9 games & some bench players have been getting some quality time. I also feel Mentor‘s key factors will be staying out of foul trouble & more production from Piks. Rogers, Flores & Chicone are solid. Just a little help from the others would make them hard to beat. Also in their favor is tournament experience, especially the returning 4 players. I look forward to an exciting district tournament.

Mentor struggled again tonight versus a very mundane Strongsville team tonight I see. Meanwhile, Coach Mason and the boys roll by 40.

Heights did what they had to do in disposing if Warrensville. I still believe it’s a two horse race between Heights and Brush.

Mentor struggled again tonight versus a very mundane Strongsville team tonight I see. Meanwhile, Coach Mason and the boys roll by 40.

Heights did what they had to do in disposing if Warrensville. I still believe it’s a two horse race between Heights and Brush.
Mentor led 66-44 after 3 rd quarter, they didn’t struggle. What difference does it make by how many points you win by, a wins a win.

To be the man you have to beat the man - until someone knocks off Mentor they are the team to beat. I also agree that it's a two team race in Euclid - Mentor and Heights.

Brush loses again 63 54 to 9 9 first love christian. Brush sucks.

First Love Christian Academy plays a national schedule. Their losses earlier this month were close games against St Eds and SPIRE. They are obviously a good team playing a very difficult schedule. But these losses chip away at Brush's overall resume.

I heard Brush inquired about joining the Suburban League.

Doubt they'd get serious consideration when Medina and Solon are options (among others), but interesting nonetheless.

No one in the area, with the exception of perhaps St. Edward, has played the gauntlet of the schedule that Coach Mason and Brush has this year. Coach Mason's good friend Coach Flannery, also from USA Basketball, has long played a rigorous schedule and Coach Mason and his program have now followed suit. It will be interesting to see how this group matures from this season and if they can be playing their best basketball at the right time.

Is this guy kidding?" Gauntlet of a schedule?" He compares this schedule with st.eds? He forget about stvm schedule? This guy and his posts are a joke!!!!

I heard Brush inquired about joining the Suburban League.

Doubt they'd get serious consideration when Medina and Solon are options (among others), but interesting nonetheless.
Looks like Brush wants no part of the Lake Erie League which would make more sense then the Surburban League.

No one in the area, with the exception of perhaps St. Edward, has played the gauntlet of the schedule that Coach Mason and Brush has this year. Coach Mason's good friend Coach Flannery, also from USA Basketball, has long played a rigorous schedule and Coach Mason and his program have now followed suit. It will be interesting to see how this group matures from this season and if they can be playing their best basketball at the right time.
Coach Mason.....please take this guys Yappi account away from him. I'll buy a USA Basketball T-shirt if you do

Mentor took out some frustration on Eastlake North by winning by 51. Not sure the voters at the Euclid district will be impressed but it’s a step in the right direction for the program.

Sophomore Elmore James IV received a scholarship offer from Youngstown State this week. First of many to come for him I’m sure. Great things happening with the program.

Mentor took out some frustration on Eastlake North by winning by 51. Not sure the voters at the Euclid district will be impressed but it’s a step in the right direction for the program.
I think the best thing Mentor got out of.this game was that they got a real opportunity to help get their their bench more experience. The starters only played less than a full half, giving the bench a lot of real time playing experience.