Brush Preseason #1 in Cleveland?

No I was not disrespectful to Coach Babe at all. I thought this was a forum to discuss high school basketball but apparently some people like Mugnmaul and Bball216 take it personally.

I certainly would not disrespect serving one’s country. After all, Coach Mason was one of two (Coach Flannery from St. Ed’s was the other) to be chosen to represent USA Basketball this past summer. There is no greater honor than serving for the greatest team in the world.

There is no greater honor than coaching for USA basketball!?! Seriously? I mean, it is great he was asked to coach and all but it's your over-the-top platitudes about all things related to Coach Mason that leave people scratching their heads. You have a good coach and a solid program. But the incessant drum beating simply begs for people to react. And then you accuse them of dishonoring one America's great heroes when they do! Honestly, the guy is simply a basketball coach. And while all coaches strive to make a difference in their players lives, and while he should be commended for his efforts, it really doesn't go any farther than that, does it? And that's OK! It sounds like he is making a difference at Brush. Good for him.

Just following for the entertainment value.

Hey. Did you guys know that Coach Mason worked for USA basketball this summer?

Brusharc has only mentioned it no less than NINE times so far in this thread, and it isn't even Christmas yet.

Lol lol lol great entertainment and it is free.

What are you telling me? Are you telling me that I don’t need to bring up some camp that Coach Mason worked in every post? Are you telling me that Coach Mason and yours truly should not be bringing up his service to USA Basketball every opportunity we have because it’s not necessary or even relevant?

Huge game for Coach Mason and the team tonight as they host 5-2 Mayfield. Word is that the practices at Brush this week have had a near military feel as they prepare for this rivalry game. The young guards for Brush must be able to handle the added pressure of a rivalry game for the Arcs to remain unbeaten in the league. This game will prove to be a nice litmus test for Coach Mason's team following a thrashing of supposed PA power Kennedy Catholic.

Huge game for Coach Mason and the team tonight as they host 5-2 Mayfield. Word is that the practices at Brush this week have had a near military feel as they prepare for this rivalry game. The young guards for Brush must be able to handle the added pressure of a rivalry game for the Arcs to remain unbeaten in the league. This game will prove to be a nice litmus test for Coach Mason's team following a thrashing of supposed PA power Kennedy Catholic.
Huge game....5-2 Mayfield.

It is a huge game when you are gearing up for that district semi appearance.

My Gym is a pain in the butt to the Arc's. They suffer the worst results there. This will help!!!!! From all of your friends at Yappi?

Great game last night between two teams that can really make a run at a state title in Division 1 this year. Coach Mason had his team prepared as they came out of the gate fast to a 16-10 lead. Heights fought back behind their talented roster to lead by 3 at the break. Crump has shown some steady progress all year and last night was evidence of it. He went toe to toe with the Clark kid. Heights led by 2 going into the final quarter. In the end, Heights made one or two more plays to lose win by 5. Congratulations to the fellas from Heights as there is no shame in losing to them in a hotly contested matchup in early January. Coach Mason always plays top notch competition to improve his team throughout the year. Frankly, this may be Coach Mason's finest coaching job to date with all the youth on the roster. I've never been so excited about the future. Mazel tov to my neighbors next door.

Now this guy is creating a thread on VASJ and Lake Catholic. Nothing better to do while eating his bagels and Loc's on 185th than create fake narratives.Right out of the lefty playbook.

Now this guy is creating a thread on VASJ and Lake Catholic. Nothing better to do while eating his bagels and Loc's on 185th than create fake narratives.Right out of the lefty playbook.

Look, I can't lie to you. I'm a high school hoops junkie and go to as many games as I can in my neighborhood. It hurts that you have blocked me from the VASJ thread this year. I have so many interesting nuggets that I hear in my many travels as land lord and property manager in the Lakeshore Bouleveard area that I don't know what to do with. The VASJ/Lake Catholic game should be a dandy this week and is worth discussing.

Again.... I have no ability nor the ambition to ban you from any thread on Yappi. I enjoy your commentary. Please keep posting.Your inciteful takes are both refreshing and food for thought.

With another Mentor loss last night it appears to be a two team race in the Euclid District this year. If Coach Mason can continue to develop those young guys and close the gap on a talented Cleveland Heights team we could see a heckuva district final between the two.

Isn't Benedictine in Euclid this year or are they in Solon? While inexperienced having lost a few seniors to transfer, they are playing well as of late and will only get better come tournament time.

With another Mentor loss last night it appears to be a two team race in the Euclid District this year. If Coach Mason can continue to develop those young guys and close the gap on a talented Cleveland Heights team we could see a heckuva district final between the two.
Wouldn't count Mentor out yet. Still early.

What is the overall record of Brush facing Mentor again ?

If your balls would finally drop then you would turn into a man. We do not care about IFs.

Yeah... this isn't like the College Football Playoff where a few regular season losses remove you from contention.

Coach Mason is a fraud and the program is a fraud...might want to start hanging Sectional Champ banners...

Here is the team that beat Mentor by 45 - Concord First Assembly Academy. They are 20-3 and play a national schedule. Salem Baptist Christian (Winston-Salem, NC) is 17-2 and lost to that "school" by 39...

But I agree... Mentor losing @ Medina by 13, @ North Mecklenburg (Huntersville, NC, 13-1) by 7, @ Concord First Assembly Academy (Concord, NC, 20-3), and @ Solon by 3 prove they cannot compete for a district title.

Last edited:
Here is the team that beat Mentor by 45 - Concord First Assembly Academy. They are 20-3 and play a national schedule. Salem Baptist Christian (Winston-Salem, NC) is 17-2 and lost to that "school" by 39...

But I agree... Mentor losing @ Medina by 13, @ North Mecklenburg (Huntersville, NC, 13-1) by 7, @ Concord First Assembly Academy (Concord, NC, 20-3), and @ Solon by 3 prove they cannot compete for a district title.
Exactly. Don't play 15 softie games a season like Brush

Exactly. Don't play 15 softie games a season like Brush
Big deal. If it is two high school teams suiting up against one another and you lose by 45 points that is a pretty telling stat to me. Brush plays in a conference and cannot control their schedule in that regard. As a result of Coach Mason's service with USA Basketball this past summer he has been able to acquire some pretty incredible contacts and has really challenged the team out of conference. We will see where it all ends up, but as of now Brush has not lost a game by 45 points this season.