Brush Preseason #1 in Cleveland?

brusharc1986

From what I'm hearing Coach Mason's team is shaping up rather nicely. I wouldn't be surprised to see them as the preseason #1 team in the Cleveland area. It would only further solidify the culture that Coach Mason has brought to the school.

Mentor should be the unanimous #1. They may be shorthanded early if the football team goes as far as they should - but the Cards should be good.

How about somebody who actually knows what is going on. Euclid and Benny - LoL
STVM will most likely be the preseason number #1. I would also rate the Irish a favorite to return to Columbus (D2) again for 5th consecutive year over LC or Buchtel. The trio of 6-6 Branham 6-5 Harris and 6-2 Pryor along with size and talent coming off the bench make them formidable. They face the toughest schedule in Ohio and will be battle tested for all comers.

STVM will most likely be the preseason number #1. I would also rate the Irish a favorite to return to Columbus (D2) again for 5th consecutive year over LC or Buchtel. The trio of 6-6 Branham 6-5 Harris and 6-2 Pryor along with size and talent coming off the bench make them formidable. They face the toughest schedule in Ohio and will be battle tested for all comers.
Who is LC?

Isn't it a little early for brusharc to be a homer? I guess ridiculousness has no offseason. Win a district title if you want to be ranked number 1

brusharc is probably just happy that he finally started a thread that got actual replies, unlike his last 3. LOL

Isn't it a little early for brusharc to be a homer? I guess ridiculousness has no offseason. Win a district title if you want to be ranked number 1

Remember, this season is not an extension of last season. Every season has it's own identity and every team has it's own goals. That is something Coach Mason is stessing and something he learned while working for the greatest team in the world during the off season, maybe you've heard of them, UNITED STATES BASKETBALL!

There is a quote from Abraham Lincoln that I like. "The chicken is the wisest creature in all creation because she doesn't cackle until the egg is laid." I'm not sure why this quote came to mind while reading this thread!

There is a quote from Abraham Lincoln that I like. "The chicken is the wisest creature in all creation because she doesn't cackle until the egg is laid." I'm not sure why this quote came to mind while reading this thread!
I love that!!!!!

I can assure you that this ranking means very little to Coach Mason and his team as they prepare for the upcoming season. I can also assure you that Coach Mason and his team are extremely under ranked in this meaningless poll.
Sure,
1-Brush
2-Mentor
3-Ed’s
4-cleveland heights
5-Lake Catholic
6-SVSM
7-Benny
8-Shaker
9-Lorain
10-Euclid

As you can see, I nearly nailed the top 10 in Cleveland except I didn't expect the kind of disrespect that was shown towards Coach Mason and his team. It will be used as a motivator for a coach that learned a tremendous amount about leadership and culture while working for USA Basketball this off season.

Except you missed 3 teams and your order wasn't even close. Take a seat on this one.
1. SVSM
2. Ed's
3. Mentor
4. Lutheran East
5. Green
6. Heights
7. Lake Catholic
8. Lorain
9. Medina
10. Shaker

I can assure you that this ranking means very little to Coach Mason and his team as they prepare for the upcoming season. I can also assure you that Coach Mason and his team are extremely under ranked in this meaningless poll.

As you can see, I nearly nailed the top 10 in Cleveland except I didn't expect the kind of disrespect that was shown towards Coach Mason and his team. It will be used as a motivator for a coach that learned a tremendous amount about leadership and culture while working for USA Basketball this off season.
I put NO stock in the preseason polls, but if you consider getting 6 out of 10 the same as Cleveland.com as "nearly nailing it", then you have quite a charitable definition of the phrase.

Arc says 1 and the polls say 11. Pretty much sums up most of his comments.

There is no room for personal attacks on here. On the VASJ thread you were kindly asking that we stick to basketball and not talk about the twitter feed that has exposed Coach Babe as a pathological liar and I have tried to abide by your request. I haven't mentioned how over 1000 people have viewed some of those tweets and are now laughing at you for your constant defense of Coach Babe. If you are going to come on here and attack myself or a man like Coach Mason, who recently volunteered his time as a USA Basketball instructor, we will continue to have problems. If you would like to move beyond it then we are going to need you and MugnMaul to apologize the forum and ask for our forgiveness. It is nearly Hanukkah and I am in the forgiving mood but it may not last.

There is no room for personal attacks on here. On the VASJ thread you were kindly asking that we stick to basketball and not talk about the twitter feed that has exposed Coach Babe as a pathological liar and I have tried to abide by your request. I haven't mentioned how over 1000 people have viewed some of those tweets and are now laughing at you for your constant defense of Coach Babe. If you are going to come on here and attack myself or a man like Coach Mason, who recently volunteered his time as a USA Basketball instructor, we will continue to have problems. If you would like to move beyond it then we are going to need you and MugnMaul to apologize the forum and ask for our forgiveness. It is nearly Hanukkah and I am in the forgiving mood but it may not last.

I hate to see everyone getting so defensive on these forums.
The only person really qualified to get defensive, would be a former defensive player of the year, right? Of, say, the Patriot League perhaps.

Brush looks like they will be very good again. Hughley is one of the top big men in the area; which means he is one of the top big men in the State. Still, the loss of their point guard is going to be very difficult to overcome. In the game against STVM last year, he was the one player the Irish really couldn't answer. Brush almost came all the way back from a big deficit, and it was mainly because of DJ Dials. What Brush (and Mason) will need to show is that they can reload without having a drop off in results. I didn't see much out of the others guards (at least in the STVM game) that would lead me to believe that they can fill the void, but with another year under their belts, they may very well be ready to step up. Only time will tell.