• Denzel Ward, cornerback, The Ohio State University

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still prefer him to Darnold in some ways.

Mayfield may actually have the highest floor. For him not to have the lowest ceiling would require exceptional commitment and football IQ, but many now have been impressed with his ability to digest and even synthesize a playbook. He's even been called a "football savant" by several, so mis-direction season or not that high-achiever in the mental game may be there. He's also physically durable if short. I'd be optimistic.

I want no part of a gamble on Allen. With all the sacrifices of tanking, dumping talent, passing on talent, it feels like cutting the cards for 401ks.
Wouldn't take Baker with the first pick but if I wanted a QB and was in the top 10 I would be looking at him over Allen.

I don't see them sliding Bitonio to tackle. As I recall, he played RT for 3 years and LT for a year in college, but he's exclusively played guard in the NFL. I suspect they're hoping for one of the better tackles to be available early in the second. I could also see them using some of their assets to move back up into the late first and take someone like Kolton Miller or Connor Williams. My hope is that one of those 2 makes it to the second round and the Browns draft goes: Darnold, Chubb, Williams, Michel.

I'd be quite pleased, and not surprised in the least if that's seen as a goal in Berea.

Really liked Rosen's interview, yesterday I think. Forget what the question was but his response was along the lines of:

I've always been the #2 guy. In recruiting Ricky Towns was the guy. Then it was Blake Barnett. I go to UCLA, Darnold goes to USC. Darnold is supposed to be the savior. But I'm confident I'll be around longer than anyone else. I want to be the best at whatever it is I am doing. If I'm a waterboy for the first year, I'll be the best damn water boy ever.

Rosen does give Aaron Rodgers vibes. Not as mobile, but otherwise very similar style on the field. And the way they conduct themselves off the field is quite similar. Even the way they speak is almost like Rosen is his younger brother.

Obviously that doesn't mean anything with certainty, but if you think there's even a 20% chance he becomes Rodgers, you have to take him #1.

Unfortunately, Rosen feels like a prime candidate to drop in the draft to a point where the Patriots are able to trade up and pick him, then of course he'll take over for Brady in a couple years and turn into a Hall of Famer.

Yeah, the medical concerns are the only things that concern me about Rosen. Durability does not seem like Darnold and Mayfield.

Not picking Rosen is a concern ... he throws the ball the best, if he has a clean pocket ... but he does not throw well if he has to move off his spot.

There is only 1 team in the NFL who believed Ward would go in the top 5 ? That same team won how many games the last 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.